Player Suggestion Jack Clarke

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CaptainMorgans

Reaction score
Spurs are looking to let some players go out to balance their squad. If we sign a striker permanently, could he be a potentially good loan deal?

Usually plays as a winger but could maybe be converted into a RCM in our system, or provide some competition to McGoldrick. He's got good feet and can create and finish chances.

A Leeds supporting chap I know reckons he was never that good but got a go in the first team cos he was one of their own and he showed a bit of promise but wasn't quite there.

When he went back on loan he never played because he still wasn't good enough and nobody gave a shit about him not playing because he wasn't theirs anyway.

Spurs are looking to let some players go out to balance their squad. If we sign a striker permanently, could he be a potentially good loan deal?

Usually plays as a winger but could maybe be converted into a RCM in our system, or provide some competition to McGoldrick. He's got good feet and can create and finish chances.

Was on loan at Leeds last season barely got back into their side and then spent the second half of the season at QPR on loan not doing much.

Anyone remember when he played against us at the lane for leeds? Had an absolute shocker but got gifted an assist from deano having the leg strength of a toddler

If we had a decent budget and we were able to offload some fringe players then I'd say we need to send Hourhaine back and upgrade. Sell McGoldrick (no value though) Burke, Basham (doesn't suit this system) Robinson, Berge & loan out Brewster.

If we could generate money/ free up wages from this mini clear out we could bring in 2 wingers, 1/2 CM, 1 centre halve and upgrade Lopata? It's highly unlikely we'll sign 5 players in JTW.

Jack Clarke is a great shout to be that loan upgrade of Hourhaine.

Central midfield should be the priority. We are crying out for someone who can anchor and break up the play with a modicum of athleticism in the locker., Another talented but weak as piss attacking midfielder is the last thing we need. If we can get two a striker that can stretch the play would be a priority as, unfortunately, we can't rely on Moose.

Central midfield should be the priority. We are crying out for someone who can anchor and break up the play with a modicum of athleticism in the locker., Another talented but weak as piss attacking midfielder is the last thing we need. If we can get two a striker that can stretch the play would be a priority as, unfortunately, we can't rely on Moose.

If only we'd had someone like that lined up in the summer only to decide he'd take a couple of months to get up to speedso pulled the plug 🤔 .

Stupid thing is that few months to get up to speed would have been about now when we've started looking fine going forward and really need that enforcer who can play a bit to sort the other end out.

Tottenham are ready to send Jack Clarke out on loan in the January transfer window, with Barnsley, Middlesbrough and Sheffield United all said to be interested parties according to Football League World sources.

Cannot see him coming in unless we cancel one of our existing loans, although this click bait information was no doubt written before our managerial changes.

Do we even need wingers anymore?

no we don't, not now we're going to a permanent back 3.

some would argue that there isn't space for wingers any more - clubs want attacking full backs (Slav way) or wing backs (CW way)

I wish some would explain where/how they actually see wingers would play in todays football.

In 4 4 2 - they aren't wingers - just wide midfield players that can defend and get forward.

Colin Morris was a winger - not convinced that type of player exists anywhere now - players have to be versatile in being able to operate in different ways - MGW being the prime example.

UTB

No, and thrice no

So Slav identifies two wingers and a holding/defensive midfielder. I recognise this is redundant but worth a momentary retrospective as there's little else currently worth discussing. Whatever anyone thinks of Slav, given that he wasn't given the financial clout to sign anyone, or that we're only part way through the season, I feel we may have missed a trick. Clearly results masked a money saving exercise, so out with the well paid manager and in with a far less rewarded manager. It's not a reflection on Hecky as it's now his job to succeed or fail with, so good luck to the guy.

We're in a mess of mismanagement that's embarrassing. Whatever the respective pros and cons of the Prince vs McCabe, my original thought that Princey may have intentions akin to a carpetbagger seem stronger now than when first considered. Maybe he's good at diddling owners legally, but clearly without the resources to create positive change. Is this how his current list of clubs are run? On the cheap? Barely getting by? I know this has been commented on elsewhere, but if ever any club should beware a would be owner knocking on your door and not being able to deliver, look at us if you can bear it. Final observation, is the club now run purely on matchday income and TV/sponsorship money, thus the tightening of purse-strings and a clever/clueless plan based on the hope that by design or default we might just achieve promotion any time soon?

One's flabber is well and truly gasted at events and those who are responsible for this gross fuckup!

Surely this was a Slav target although he does have links to hecky from his time at Leeds.

Moved to Spurs at exactly the wrong time and it has set back his development. He's also had one pretty bad injury I think. Still only 21 so there's still plenty of time for him to fulfill that early potential he showed at Leeds. But he hasn't done much recently to really set the pulse racing as a possible signing.

Part of me thinks this is his agent using alleged interest from us as a negotiating tactic with Sunderland.

Classic Blades name to placate those fans who aren't keen on forrinuz

Remember when we played leeds in maybe the first year we came up and he was Shit hot

No way we sign him on a permanent though unless the Prince Remortgages his house

Back
Top Bottom