Ivan toney

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

From memory he was rotated in the Northampton team with DCL when wilder was there so there could be potential if he has developed. Everytime I saw him at scunthorpe I was underwhelmed too, but that was 3 years ago and that is a very long time in football

Friend of mine who tells me the team has said we are REALLY serious on this lad. He turned down Brentford because we registered our interest.
Wouldnt mind him at all, but whats Alan Nixon got to say about this pal. ;)

You’re not kidding! They’d get us relegated for a start!

Kin hell man! Aim a bit higher than that!😲

I think you’re underestimating how good he is. And Robinson has always looked good on the left of a three. And Watkins is very good. That front three wouldn’t be bad at all.

Toney can head it, hold it up, run past people, score with both feet, run the channels, run in behind. And he’s a great age and English. He’s definitely good enough and is playing well below his level.

Throw in mousse and Burnie and you have 5 attackers that offer a bit of everything. Toney will be worth a hell of a lot more than £5 million in a year’s time if a premier league club signs him and plays him.

I think you’re underestimating how good he is. And Robinson has always looked good on the left of a three. And Watkins is very good. That front three wouldn’t be bad at all.

Toney can head it, hold it up, run past people, score with both feet, run the channels, run in behind. And he’s a great age and English. He’s definitely good enough and is playing well below his level.

Throw in mousse and Burnie and you have 5 attackers that offer a bit of everything. Toney will be worth a hell of a lot more than £5 million in a year’s time if a premier league club signs him and plays him.
Moose didn't offer to much toward the end of last season, apart from heavy breathing and walking round with his head down.

Think I'd rather have a 25-28 year old to compliment Toney.. just think we're missing that mature striker in his prime (not including Billy or MCG) I know this costs an arm and a leg though.

What about someone like Britt Assombalonga? I reckon he’d do well for us. Quick, strong and can score a few. In fact weren’t we linked last year? Only if we’re reluctant to splash the cash on a more sure fire thing, though.

What about someone like Britt Assombalonga? I reckon he’d do well for us. Quick, strong and can score a few. In fact weren’t we linked last year? Only if we’re reluctant to splash the cash on a more sure fire thing, though.

Would rather Armstrong from Blackburn or Toney. Boro quoted as wanting £14m for him last summer.

Friend of mine who tells me the team has said we are REALLY serious on this lad. He turned down Brentford because we registered our interest.

I wonder that if we are interested in Toney that we're going to allow the Moose to o, because I'd be surprised if we were going to sign Toney as our only forward this summer. If we were to sell Robinson and the Moose then bringing in Toney would give us 4 forwards and we may still go for another and Toney used as a development. We had 5 forwards last year. Not saying I want us to sell the Moose, but I can see him going.

Ohh though he had practically signed for brentford , id take him for 5/6 million anything more no point
I’d be happy to chuck £5M away just to annoy BMFC, we might as well cut out the middle man in all of this.

I wouldn't be surprised to hear of interest from United. Toney saying he wants to move to the PL is a bold move unless there was already interest from a PL club as he'd be alienating championship clubs from a move. Of all the teams in the PL I can only see Burnley and West Brom as likely clubs that would look at him as the rest just don't seem likely to sign a player from League One, unless its to develop a younger player who's probably going to go out on loan again. Then there's the Wilder link from the Nortampton days also.

Of the promoted teams Leeds and Fulham are likely to go abroad or from the Championship. West Brom the most likely exception. Burnley struggle to attract players of the quality they'd like as they're not a fashionable PL club and their wages would be smaller than most. Therefore I could see Burnley as a possible destination. .However, if we are interested then I reckon we'll probably be his best offer.

I'd have him to be fair, he'd probably just take Clarke's place in the squad but would be a definite upgrade. Seems Robinson is back in our plans and I'm backing McBurnie to get 10+ this season.

"Definitely good enough" seems a little strong.

He's looks like a good footballer, but let's not forget he's playing against League 1 defenders.

Bring him in and if he's not ready for EPL, loan him to a championship team. Easy ;)

The only problem with that approach TBf is that Utd would have blown a fair proportion of their budget and they'd be a striker short.

Personally, I can't see CW taking an expensive gamble on someone that played L1 last season, even though he obviously did well. I think a move to Brentford would have been perfect for his next step.

He would be a v shrewd signing, cost little but potential to be great, nothing to lose

He would be a v shrewd signing, cost little but potential to be great, nothing to lose

The price is being quoted at £10m, which is considerably more than nothing.

Think I'd rather have a 25-28 year old to compliment Toney.. just think we're missing that mature striker in his prime (not including Billy or MCG) I know this costs an arm and a leg though.

Given that demographic the ' solution' is obvious, (+ bonus of being an ex Blade) .......

John Cofie

similarly I understand Ravel Morrison is currently (again) available

Brentford agreed a fee of 6 million with add ons
Yes and he turned them down so they can set a different asking price because he wants a premier league team therefore they can ask for premier league money. Win win for them, if he goes they get a decent wedge if not he keeps scoring goals for them

Yes and he turned them down so they can set a different asking price because he wants a premier league team therefore they can ask for premier league money. Win win for them, if he goes they get a decent wedge if not he keeps scoring goals for them
That is possibly the most ludicrous thing iv ever read on here

I’d like to see him score the same as McBurnie in the Championship before splashing the cash on him.

We don’t just want shirt fillers.

If he’s not developed enough yet to push McBurnie and Mousset or shove McGoldrick or Sharp down the order then I’d rather gice Robinson a second chance. I don’t think, as a club, we are at the point of lavishing 10m on a player for the future just to send him on loan to see him play 46 matches in the Championship.

It’s catch 22. He’d cost more then. But 10m is a lot to punt on.

Rather Robbo or Brewster on loan.

Champagne if we don't have tje money to sign someone like Watkins and we can't persuade the likes of Dennis or the Betis lad to join us we may not have much choice about taking these punts.

My worry with Toney is at the age of 24 he's already had a lot of clubs and has only.scored.regularly at Peterborough. He was at Newcastle and didn't last long so can he make the step up 2 divisions.

The positive would be that if he can he all of a sudden becomes worth a lot more than 10m.

Champagne if we don't have tje money to sign someone like Watkins and we can't persuade the likes of Dennis or the Betis lad to join us we may not have much choice about taking these punts.

My worry with Toney is at the age of 24 he's already had a lot of clubs and has only.scored.regularly at Peterborough. He was at Newcastle and didn't last long so can he make the step up 2 divisions.

The positive would be that if he can he all of a sudden becomes worth a lot more than 10m.
I’m not as bothered about the age as the other point you make. There’s plenty of examples of really good strikers reaching the top flight much later, Ian Wright and Vardy being two. The big thing with both was they were prolific at lower levels. Toney hasn’t been consistently prolific but is clearly a talented lad. I’m a bit 50/50 myself but as others have said as long we aren’t pinning all our hopes on him being the main goal scorer and we can get him for a reasonable amount he is probably worth a punt.

Back
Top Bottom