Player Suggestion Ismaila Cheik Coulibaly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Folded Hands

🔤 Meaning. Depicting two hands pressed together and fingers pointed up, 🙏 Folded Hands is variously used as a gesture of prayer (religious or secular), thanks, request, and greeting as well to express such sentiments as hope, praise, gratitude, reverence, and respect.

So not unthinkable that he's grateful for being described as tough tackling and goal scoring, and also being recognised as good enough to be suggested a target for a bigger club than he currently plays for (Beerschot)?
I was just about to post something similar. You would have thought by now after all the immigration posts people would have realised the lad's not actually English...

Folded Hands

🔤 Meaning. Depicting two hands pressed together and fingers pointed up, 🙏 Folded Hands is variously used as a gesture of prayer (religious or secular), thanks, request, and greeting as well to express such sentiments as hope, praise, gratitude, reverence, and respect.

So not unthinkable that he's grateful for being described as tough tackling and goal scoring, and also being recognised as good enough to be suggested a target for a bigger club than he currently plays for (Beerschot)?

We need to be careful here Bergen... we’re steering dangerously close to talking sense!

Isn't there a danger that people are getting their knickers in a twist about nothing here?

I know it's a slow period for news, but debating the whys and wherefores of an emoji posted by a young guy who's never played for us? Come on...

Article says we turned down 10m for him from AC Milan a while back. Also says they played against Anderlecht recently and he dominated a player rated at 30m+. Seems like he has to play in Europe for 3 years before he could.play for us.

Unlikely we ever see him in the red and white and given weve got to raise some money he would seem an obvious player to sell.

Article says we turned down 10m for him from AC Milan a while back. Also says they played against Anderlecht recently and he dominated a player rated at 30m+. Seems like he has to play in Europe for 3 years before he could.play for us.

Unlikely we ever see him in the red and white and given weve got to raise some money he would seem an obvious player to sell.
Then why did Bettis say as soon as the manager (Wilder at the time) wants him in Sheffield he’ll be on the next flight to England? If that’s not fact he wouldn’t have said it

Youd think Bettis would know but I'm not sure everything that comes out of the club is fact !

A 20 year old from Mali cant come straight to the UK and play professional football without meeting the visa requirements. These are too complicated for mere mortals.to understand but include having played in a large percentage of the national teams recent games, size of transfer fee, wages etc.

How going to Belgium helps I've no idea now we aren't in the EU anymore unless the requirements are reduced if u r playing in a European league.

If u and Bettis are correct the obvious question is how come Wilder didn't call him over given we value him at over 10m and midfield is by far the weakest area of the squad. He could have been integrated into the team and ready to dominate the championship next season

Youd think Bettis would know but I'm not sure everything that comes out of the club is fact !

A 20 year old from Mali cant come straight to the UK and play professional football without meeting the visa requirements. These are too complicated for mere mortals.to understand but include having played in a large percentage of the national teams recent games, size of transfer fee, wages etc.

How going to Belgium helps I've no idea now we aren't in the EU anymore unless the requirements are reduced if u r playing in a European league.

If u and Bettis are correct the obvious question is how come Wilder didn't call him over given we value him at over 10m and midfield is by far the weakest area of the squad. He could have been integrated into the team and ready to dominate the championship next season
I’m in no way saying I’m “correct”
I’m saying I’d lean towards believing the CEO over some 2 bit local journalists who’ve fucked their relationships with the club.
And he wasn’t a Wilder signing allegedly so he obvs threw his toys out over that too and wouldn’t recall him out of stubbornness I’d guess!

I provided a link to the criteria earlier in the thread, and against that current criteria, thanks solely to the games he's played in Belgium, he should qualify.
If they finish the season well then it's even more of a certainty, but just by being in the squad he gets points, and coupled with the amount of games he's already over the top.
The story put out in the locals was that Wilder wasn't too happy with the original deal for him as he wasn't involved I believe. But I'm happy to be corrected.

Cheers Bob...so if he eligible, plays defensive midfield, scores goals and dominated a 30m + player hes got to be good enough for the championship right ?

Hes either going to fetch a lot of.money or replace Berge.

Ben re Wilder...it looks like weve trebled our money on this lad so no wonder the board want more say in transfers given some of our other transfer business

Cheers Bob...so if he eligible, plays defensive midfield, scores goals and dominated a 30m + player hes got to be good enough for the championship right ?

Ben re Wilder...it looks like weve trebled our money on this lad so no wonder the board want more say in transfers given some of our other transfer business
I reckon he's a kid so he's inconsistent. I personally believe Wilder had concerns with trusting young players in games where we have to win so I'm not sure he would have been brought over.

Just for further reading here are the key extracts from the criteria which should mean it isn't an issue.
You need 15 points to qualify and Jupiler Pro League are considered Band 2. I've completely ignored his international youth caps or the fact he may get called up to the full side as I don't think it's required.

1617266048846.png
1617266340920.png
1617266368793.png

1617267224389.png

Or if we purely use the Youth section.

1617267269160.png
1617267557605.png
1617267604149.png

We need to be careful here Bergen... we’re steering dangerously close to talking sense!
The emoji is actually designed as a "high five" as opposed to a prayer symbol, despite it's continued incorrect usage.

Puts a different perspective on the facebook posts...

"Tragedy in Lybia yesterday, hundreds dead, sending love 🙏🏻"

HIGH FIIIIVE! 🤦😅

The emoji is actually designed as a "high five" as opposed to a prayer symbol, despite it's continued incorrect usage.

Puts a different perspective on the facebook posts...

"Tragedy in Lybia yesterday, hundreds dead, sending love 🙏🏻"

HIGH FIIIIVE! 🤦😅
What a load of crap!
Type Prayer, 🙏🏻 Comes up!
Type high five, 🙌🏻 ✋🏼 Comes up!

What a load of crap!
Type Prayer, 🙏🏻 Comes up!
Type high five, 🙌🏻 ✋🏼 Comes up!
No Sher, shitlock!

Think the jokes gone over your head mate, very old joke too, more of an in joke for DCC's though 😅✌🏻

Enjoy yer day, try and laugh a little, it helps 🥳

Has he ever done it on a wet Tuesday night in grimsby?

Like someone said above, he is young and so inconsistent. He had a fantastic spell until start December and then his form dropped and he was benched for several weeks. Lately starting to show signs of form again but not yet the form he showed in September-October. Personally I think he will stay at Beerschot for 1 more season to give him a stable environment where he can play a lot without too much pressure. If he confirms 1 full season in our league his value will increase to 20 mio.

What are the chances of having Ismaila back with us for 21/22 season in terms of work permit and loan deal with Beerschot?

I have a feeling SJ might want to explore the options already available at the club including Coulibaly. He seems to be what we are lacking, plus SJ seems to trust in youth in his previous jobs, more than Wilder ever did anyway!

Sky sports news saying Galatasaray have bid £12.9m for him. Could be sold without ever kicking a ball for us.

I must admit, I'm confused by the Coulibaly "signing". Did we buy him and loan him to Beerschot ? or is he their player ?

Edit: Wikipedia reckon's he's our player. So any sale means we would get most of that fee ?

I must admit, I'm confused by the Coulibaly "signing". Did we buy him and loan him to Beerschot ? or is he their player ?

Edit: Wikipedia reckon's he's our player. So any sale means we would get most of that fee ?
Van Winckel wanted to buy him for Beerschot for a valuation of 1.2 mio. Then a bidding war started with Galatasaray and Beerschot could not afford him so Sheffield entered into the frame and bought him for 2.2 or 2.3 mio and immediately loaned him to us because he was not ready for PL football anyway and is a development project.

Be a shame if a guy seemingly this talented was signed for us and never actually played for us.

surely we should be looking to see what he can do, especially at a position of need.... that said 13m plus is a whole lot of money which could be used to help with a promotion push.

Wouldn't he still have work permit issues even if SJ was keen to have him back?

PurpleRain will know far better than I, but from the bits I saw of him last season, he's perhaps too inconsistent at the moment to be considered by Utd. He may well prove to be good enough to play Champ and even Prem but could probably do with a full season playing rather than be in & out of Utd's side

No chance we can get a work permit for him yet plus you can’t turn down £10 mil profit in one year on a 19 year old. Lump a 15-20% sell on clause on him and we’re set

Back
Top Bottom