Player Suggestion Ismaila Cheik Coulibaly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Been a big advocate for his, but if that post is genuine I'm declaring a fatwa on him, Glasgow and the entire nation of Mali.

Last edited:
I'm going for "young lad sees article about himself, linking him to a 'big club', thinks he's making it" I dunno.

What a wanker. 20-year-old kid from Mali sees an article linking himself with a big money move and has the cheek to excitedly re-share it on Instagram? How dare he? Unbelievable. Does he not know how special this club is? When Chris Wilder spoke to him for two minutes before he was immediately whisked off to Belgium, did he not immediately realise he is now no longer a footballer, but a Blade? Has the chaotic mess that has become of this club, as we trundle along managerless towards finishing bottom of the league, not made the ties he feels to this club stronger? In between his training sessions for Beerschot, has he not signed up to the forum and started getting angry in the Shoutbox while he watches us lose, despite the fact that we, as a club, went out of our way to sign him and then send him to Belgium for three years? Is he not grateful?

Get him out of my sight.

What a wanker. 20-year-old kid from Mali sees an article linking himself with a big money move and has the cheek to excitedly re-share it on Instagram? How dare he? Unbelievable. Does he not know how special this club is? When Chris Wilder spoke to him for two minutes before he was immediately whisked off to Belgium, did he not immediately realise he is now no longer a footballer, but a Blade? Has the chaotic mess that has become of this club, as we trundle along managerless towards finishing bottom of the league, not made the ties he feels to this club stronger? In between his training sessions for Beerschot, has he not signed up to the forum and started getting angry in the Shoutbox while he watches us lose, despite the fact that we, as a club, went out of our way to sign him and then send him to Belgium for three years? Is he not grateful?

Get him out of my sight.

What's worse is some knuckle-draggers will take that post completely the wrong way and chuck some unwarranted hatred his way. That'll make him love us, won't it.

Get him out of my sight.
It's incredibly unprofessional which ever way you spin it.

It doesn't matter that he's on loan or that he hasn't played for us yet.

If it was McBurnie or RND most people would react very differently.

I'm struggling to think of a scenario where I'd see it as reasonable for a player employed by one club to openly tout himself with praying hands to another no matter how big they are.

I'm struggling to think of a scenario where I'd see it as reasonable for a player employed by one club to openly tout himself with praying hands to another no matter how big they are.
Maybe I'm in the minority on this one, but I honestly couldn't care less. He's a 20-year-old kid who probably hasn't stepped foot in Sheffield. He's basically one year down on a three year loan to a club in Belgium. The club who owns him is a mess, its future plans de-railed, totally manager-less to boot and his future is probably up in the air. And even then, I've got no idea if he's even doing a love heart and raising his hands to the fact he's being linked to Celtic, or the fact he's being called a "tough tackling, goal-scoring midfielder". Doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Unless of course someone has already told him we’re open to offers for him.
Even so. I thought these young players were given training and such like on expected behaviour including social media.

I'd be in serious shit if I posted on my social media my desire to work for another company in my industry, even if not a direct competitor.

I genuinely can't think of another player off the top of my head who's done something similar whilst with us.

By all means say in an interview that one day you'd love the opportunity to play for team x but this smacks of naivety or unprofessional, or both.

Paul Ince was hammered for wearing a Man Utd shirt before he had officially left despite being deep in talks to move.

He's more than entitled to think this personally and it's understandable tbh, but hardly a very good message he's portraying to either Beerschott or us.

The website is a fan site, suggesting they should go for him with no real claims the club are interested.
One would hope Ismaila merely appreciates the complimentary nature of the article; rather than hoping the move happens.

EXACTLY

Maybe I'm in the minority on this one, but I honestly couldn't care less. He's a 20-year-old kid who probably hasn't stepped foot in Sheffield. He's basically one year down on a three year loan to a club in Belgium. The club who owns him is a mess, its future plans de-railed, totally manager-less to boot and his future is probably up in the air. And even then, I've got no idea if he's even doing a love heart and raising his hands to the fact he's being linked to Celtic, or the fact he's being called a "tough tackling, goal-scoring midfielder". Doesn't bother me in the slightest.
I'm certainly not upset. I've never even really expected to see the lad play for us.

I just think it should be called out for what it is because in football terms it would be deemed unprofessional 99.9% of the time.

Even so. I thought these young players were given training and such like on expected behaviour including social media.

I'd be in serious shit if I posted on my social media my desire to work for another company in my industry, even if not a direct competitor.

I genuinely can't think of another player off the top of my head who's done something similar whilst with us.

By all means say in an interview that one day you'd love the opportunity to play for team x but this smacks of naivety or unprofessional, or both.

Paul Ince was hammered for wearing a Man Utd shirt before he had officially left despite being deep in talks to move.

He's more than entitled to think this personally and it's understandable tbh, but hardly a very good message he's portraying to either Beerschott or us.
Whilst you’re right most young footballers do get some social media training and I’d expect someone from united or beerschot is having a quiet word. This lads route into professional football is fairly unconventional and he’s likely getting a level of coverage he’s never experienced before. If this proves to be a one off then he’ll get a pass from me and I’ll write it off as an honest mistake born out of inexperience obviously if it becomes a trend then that would be concerning.

Surely he see's Celtic as a stepping stone to the PL which is where we are currently.
But I'm sure some fannies online will be taking him to task.

If he goes on strike to force a move, then have a grumble but this is pure pearl clutching nonsense.

Sell Berge and bring this lad in?

Are we not allowed to keep both of them?

The website is a fan site, suggesting they should go for him with no real claims the club are interested.
One would hope Ismaila merely appreciates the complimentary nature of the article; rather than hoping the move happens.

That’s how I interpreted it.

Depends if they’ve told you you’re being laid off surely they can’t really complain then?
Odd I can’t see the post myself has it been removed?

He's probably spent 2 weeks fighting off rabid #trueblades blaming him for dad walking out.

Depends if they’ve told you you’re being laid off surely they can’t really complain then?
Odd I can’t see the post myself has it been removed?
If he's been told that then fair enough but he's under contract isn't he

If he's been told that then fair enough but he's under contract isn't he
I think so was just trying to add some balance before people crucify the lad without all the facts. Might be he’s been daft and not thought in which case it’s a bit knobbish behaviour or it could be he knows he’s being sold. I try not to draw too many conclusions until it becomes clearer.

Only thing I could think of is that he's happy he's getting recognition? I dunno other than that though. Considering we rejected an offer of 8m from Milan for him.. I highly doubt Celtic would be paying top dollar. So more than likely a non-story.

He's probably spent 2 weeks fighting off rabid #trueblades blaming him for dad walking out.
I can imagine folk doing it to MCB.. "you're the reason wilder was pushed!" Not realising the fact that it was wilder who bought him.. banter.

Folded Hands

🔤 Meaning. Depicting two hands pressed together and fingers pointed up, 🙏 Folded Hands is variously used as a gesture of prayer (religious or secular), thanks, request, and greeting as well to express such sentiments as hope, praise, gratitude, reverence, and respect.

So not unthinkable that he's grateful for being described as tough tackling and goal scoring, and also being recognised as good enough to be suggested a target for a bigger club than he currently plays for (Beerschot)?

Don’t blame the lad. Good luck to him. We don’t do exciting foreign players.

Back
Top Bottom