Player Suggestion Ismaila Cheik Coulibaly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We need one of those Traore types to run out and scare the opposition with the greasy oil, all over his arms.
Oh I forgot the oil is only to protect him from all the defenders holding onto his arms.

Got to be coming back sooner or later surely. Will lose his points I’m guessing

Any rumours of him coming back here?
seems he may have to in order to secure his work permit?

all the best for the new year you provide a valuable insight into life within utd world
Communication in the club has been non-existing for months so we have no clue on what the plans are. First he had a nasty foot injury that needed stitches and last communication before the training camp in Spain was that he had a back injury and could not train. Since then no communication. Yesterday Brighton recalled our central mid Caicedo back from loan and our new signing Rigo is also already injured so we are again short on midfield options. Maybe that has an impact. The impression is that they are leaving things as is and postponing the big decisions until our faith is completely sealed.

Communication in the club has been non-existing for months so we have no clue on what the plans are. First he had a nasty foot injury that needed stitches and last communication before the training camp in Spain was that he had a back injury and could not train. Since then no communication. Yesterday Brighton recalled our central mid Caicedo back from loan and our new signing Rigo is also already injured so we are again short on midfield options. Maybe that has an impact. The impression is that they are leaving things as is and postponing the big decisions until our faith is completely sealed.

Sounds very similar to our last January window. Condolences.

From our POV that is disastrous but hardly a surprise. United world sort of decision.

Just wondering PurpleRain how much the summer moves in terms of management, similar to the Blades, were maybe too radical.

We bought in Slav to supposedly show some ambition. In the end, steering away from what would have been perceived 'the cheap option' i.e. Heckingbottom, was probably the wrong move. He was and probably is the right person for the players right now.

Likewise what were your thoughts on the managerial goings on at Beerschot?

Will Still took over from Lozado and I believe did a steady job. He'd previously managed at Lierse, with some success, 21 points from 27 but fell foul of not having the correct Uefa badges to continue.

You went for the experience of Peter Maes but after seven games he was having trouble getting a tune out of the players. So in came another supposed Bielsa disciple TM! in the shape of Torrente.

With a 21% win ratio, you'd struggle to suggest this was a resounding success. Meanwhile Still has had a stint at Reims and is now back in Belgium as assistant at Standard Liese.

Would you have been better sticking with Still and going for more continuity?

Just wondering PurpleRain how much the summer moves in terms of management, similar to the Blades, were maybe too radical.

We bought in Slav to supposedly show some ambition. In the end, steering away from what would have been perceived 'the cheap option' i.e. Heckingbottom, was probably the wrong move. He was and probably is the right person for the players right now.

Likewise what were your thoughts on the managerial goings on at Beerschot?

Will Still took over from Lozado and I believe did a steady job. He'd previously managed at Lierse, with some success, 21 points from 27 but fell foul of not having the correct Uefa badges to continue.

You went for the experience of Peter Maes but after seven games he was having trouble getting a tune out of the players. So in came another supposed Bielsa disciple TM! in the shape of Torrente.

With a 21% win ratio, you'd struggle to suggest this was a resounding success. Meanwhile Still has had a stint at Reims and is now back in Belgium as assistant at Standard Liese.

Would you have been better sticking with Still and going for more continuity?
Last season when Still took over the football was horrible. Also because our lead striker was sold then. I rate Still he knew he could only get points on the board by adopting an ultra defensive approach and relying on counter attack and set pieces. We lost most games but picked up some points here and there to keep out of trouble. For me it’s the manager is no issue. I think Still, Maes and Torrente are competent managers, they just have no offensive quality players in the squad and some positions in defense and in midfield are also below par. Recruitment was horrible. None of the signings have made any impact. Konstantopoulos and Krekovic were signed for substantial money as big talents of world football but the few games they played they looked very mediocre. You wonder who has scouted these players or did they just signed them upon recommendation of someone. The only signings that looked ok were Caicedo who is recalled by Brighton and Soumare who at least offered a physical presence and who has been told he is no longer wanted. Fans are in big numbers turning against the owners.

Last season when Still took over the football was horrible. Also because our lead striker was sold then. I rate Still he knew he could only get points on the board by adopting an ultra defensive approach and relying on counter attack and set pieces. We lost most games but picked up some points here and there to keep out of trouble. For me it’s the manager is no issue. I think Still, Maes and Torrente are competent managers, they just have no offensive quality players in the squad and some positions in defense and in midfield are also below par. Recruitment was horrible. None of the signings have made any impact. Konstantopoulos and Krekovic were signed for substantial money as big talents of world football but the few games they played they looked very mediocre. You wonder who has scouted these players or did they just signed them upon recommendation of someone. The only signings that looked ok were Caicedo who is recalled by Brighton and Soumare who at least offered a physical presence and who has been told he is no longer wanted. Fans are in big numbers turning against the owners.
The concern as you say is that recruitment was so bad and some money was spent.

With the greatest of respect to the Belgium league, I can imagine that you can assemble a relatively competitive team without breaking the bank.

Decent figures seem to have been spent on Shankland, and the other forwards to little benefit as well as those you mention, which doesn't speak very highly for Van Winkel. I'd also say for the Blades, the players that came in from oversees, and for whom he may have had added input have not been successful. Berge the most high profile but Panos Retsos and Zivkovic came and went without any impact and Verrips has come and gone with only a horror show at West Brom and a couple of minor cup appearances to show for his almost 3 year stay here.

United World may or may not be a good idea and collaboration should be a positive thing but it will be easily undermined if the recruitment is poor.

I see you lost the initial case on obtaining a 3-0 forfeit for the game against Standard on some sort of technicality.

It also sees Brighton brought back Caicedo and Rigo got injured without playing a game.

Hopefully for you Sanusi can be playing again soon. Though I looked at the news a little less on Beerschot last season to this, I understand he's been someone you've missed.

Hopefully the winter break did you some good!

The case with standard is typical Belgian FA. The rules are very clear, when a game is called off because of a prohibition from a local authority it’s automatically 3 points for the away team. The origin of this rule is that in the past local governors abused their power to call off games of their favourite team when they had an injury crisis to help them out and invented some false reason like not enough police available… but the Belgian FA and our club has been a horror history. They really don’t like us. And in the same day 52 club leaders and managers including directors of the FA are brought before criminal court for matchfixing, tax fraud and falsification of documents. The rules say that if a director is convicted on criminal grounds that the club cannot receive a license for first division but the FA already stated that they will not apply this rule… we are one of the few clubs that is not involved in this criminal case. 13 clubs are involved including all the leading clubs and even politicians and a judge and previous chairman of the FA is being prosecuted. It’s hard to still find the motivation to keep following the club you follow when the whole FA is corrupted to the bone and on top your club is completely mismanaged. I wish for better ownership for both of our clubs. Maybe some more capable investment group can buy the whole group of clubs. With current ones I can’t think we will ever reach our true potential.

I'm going to have a crack at this random Norwegian footballer recommendation lark.

My vote goes to: Jørgen Strand Larsen

• I've never seen him play. I find this adds to the exotic mystery of this particular recommendation.
  • Nice triple name, tailor made for terrace chants.
  • He plays for Sarpsborg. Deano managed them so that practically makes this kid a Blade already by literally no association.
  • 20 year old striker. 6 ft 4. That's how we like 'em.
  • AC Milan had him on loan one year in case he was good.
  • Finally, and most compelling of all, he has one arm bandaged. He's a Jostein Flo regen. Gerrimsigned.

View attachment 90087
Chris Wilder has bid £8m for your suggestion.

Typical, we finally get him back and now he needs a knee op!

I had hoped we had that we had placated the football gods with the number of injuries we had last season. Yet barely a ball has been kicked and we are already men down, beyond farcical.

Just waiting for the announcement that Doyle needs a hip replacement now.

That's basically his season over in all probability

2 months + Blades = 4 months

4 months = mid season = midfield established = 2 sub appearances at best

The world cup might do us a favour. Same with Bogle. They can catch up on rehab while others are forced to rest mid flow.
It is likely a big plus for him and especially Bogle

But it won't be good for everyone else if last year's unofficial covid break with joke clubs postponing left right and centre is anything to go by, where if memory serves we picked up a number of injuries with that interruption playing its part

Back
Top Bottom