Is wilder keeping his powder dry or is the court case affecting the budget?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

CharnockBlade

Reaction score
It may sound like a pretty stupid question with it having already been said that we have a half decent budget this year, but I just have a worry at the back of my mind that, for all the rumours going around we have been extremely quiet, yes it’s only early days but I thought this year in particular we would’ve stolen a march on others still working out what division they will be in next year. I just hope that the budget isn’t dependant on the outcome of the court case, however long that stretches on for.

Assuming your not taking the piss......
Give the man a chance!! The windows been open less than 48 hours! Wilders been giving plenty of media interviews etc. Not for a minute would you say he looked unhappy or bothered. It appears he’s happy with what’s on the table. He has until 8th August. It’s no longer about getting players in early. It’s all about the right players from now on.
Patience ;)

To be clear I’m not attempting to be dramatic or over reacting, as I said I know the window has literally just opened, my point, which Was poorly conveyed is; are the funds available now should Wilder choose, or are they withheld until the end of the proceedings.

To be clear I’m not attempting to be dramatic or over reacting, as I said I know the window has literally just opened, my point, which Was poorly conveyed is; are the funds available now should Wilder choose, or are they withheld until the end of the proceedings.

From what I understand, we were getting Norwich style cash - so circa 20m.

The court case will cost 11m from McCabes side, plus 11m from PA's side, means we're 2m in the whole before we start and have to sell EVERYONE!

Stick two pencils up your nose, put your underpants on your head - and say wibble!!

tenor.gif

We've known this court case was going to happen for months.

Wilder has agreed a budget.

Nothing has happened yet that changes anything in regards to that.

I believe that this years transfer window will be a lot tougher than last seasons

Deals will take longer to come to fruition because the nature of competition from other Prem clubs will make it tougher. Better players capable of playing in the the Prem will be in demand and will have a number of options and won't rush to sign at the first club that comes along and of course the usual "money talks" will come to the fore perhaps unlike the previous windows

This has not always been the case in the last few seasons, because CW's targets have not always been the obvious ones. It's now a different ball game

I believe that this years transfer window will be a lot tougher than last seasons

Deals will take longer to come to fruition because the nature of competition from other Prem clubs will make it tougher. Better players capable of playing in the the Prem will be in demand and will have a number of options and won't rush to sign at the first club that comes along and of course the usual "money talks" will come to the fore perhaps unlike the previous windows

This has not always been the case in the last few seasons, because CW's targets have not always been the obvious ones. It's now a different ball game
I'm not questioning your comments, which l believe are valid, but do you think we'll be fishing in the same pond as other Premier league clubs?
CW has a record of picking up players that, as you say, most of us have never heard of or thought of, plus budget restrictions will negate the asking price of what other clubs will be paying for players!

I'm not questioning your comments, which l believe are valid, but do you think we'll be fishing in the same pond as other Premier league clubs?
CW has a record of picking up players that, as you say, most of us have never heard of or thought of, plus budget restrictions will negate the asking price of what other clubs will be paying for players!

I think that we will compete for one or two players that CW feels are capable of stepping up to the Prem. EG: Maupay and I also believe for such a player we will be competing with other lower Prem clubs such as Saints, Brighton, Burnley possibly Watford etc

Other targets may well have less competition, but strikers are in big demand because they are like Rocking Horse shit.

The court case will cost 11m from McCabes side, plus 11m from PA's side, means we're 2m in the whole before we start and have to sell EVERYONE!

Even the wind ups are hard work at the moment.....

Don’t exaggerate, Freeman’s going NOWHERE!

They are available, no need to panic.

Wilder's record suggest that when he has something to tell he will tell us! He isn't going to discuss how much money he has got as he, or the club, will just get more hassle from agents. In view of his award this week there will be a lot of players fancying coming to us, either permanently or on loan. We are in a good position to attract players. Most players will now be on holiday so not much will happen for a few weeks, at least publicly..

It may sound like a pretty stupid question with it having already been said that we have a half decent budget this year, but I just have a worry at the back of my mind that, for all the rumours going around we have been extremely quiet, yes it’s only early days but I thought this year in particular we would’ve stolen a march on others still working out what division they will be in next year. I just hope that the budget isn’t dependant on the outcome of the court case, however long that stretches on for.
20190517_204150.jpg

Back
Top Bottom