Is this the best we can do as fans?!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Fulham are having a go. Why can't we do the same? Get in team's faces. Rattle the opposition. We're nothing like the team we were last few years. That's down to the players. How much do they really want it or are they just happy driving their flash cars and flaunting their girlfriends. I'm not sure anymore
Big difference they brought in quality we brought in shit

So you think after these 10 games just gone we have a chance of staying up? Apart from Ramsdale 3/10, can't really blame most of us for saying Baldock,McBurnie aren't good enough unless you're seeing something else

We could have had 5/6 points by now, maybe even more Adam, and that would see us much more in the mix but its not too late. Yes that's our fault for not taking chances, but its fine margins. The Villa, Leeds, West Brom, Fulham and West Ham games could and should have given us some points. This isn't really my point though Adam.

Many will disagree, fair enough. But I just don't see a positive effect from constant criticism. Many will feel its deserved. They're on too much money is a totally irrelevant point by the way for anyone that says it. Relatively speaking our players are on the lowest in the Prem, or second lowest. I cant recall a Blades team that has cared so much about the shirt and the manager, since Bassett days anyway.

I'll say this. Would we be so critical to their faces in person as we are on here behind a computer screen? I doubt it, because they're our players, they've done fantastically well for us, and I'm fairly sure we'd be far more positive and supportive. Why should that change just because it's not direct to them?

I fully understand you might feel you're suffering. But I won't. The virus did all this. Out of my control. Out of Wilder's control. Out of Ramsdale's control. No one to blame. Emotions in check. PLINO
I’m perfectly happy fella. But if the goal of the project was the premier league, and all the excitement that came with that, the opposite is to be expected when it unravels.

it being “on hold” for now doesn’t stop the fact that reality will shortly bite, on the way to Luton. 😂

Fulham are having a go. Why can't we do the same? Get in team's faces. Rattle the opposition. We're nothing like the team we were last few years. That's down to the players. How much do they really want it or are they just happy driving their flash cars and flaunting their girlfriends. I'm not sure anymore

They've even scored a pen tonight. Tide must be turning

I’m perfectly happy fella. But if the goal of the project was the premier league, and all the excitement that came with that, the opposite is to be expected when it unravels.

it being “on hold” for now doesn’t stop the fact that reality will shortly bite, on the way to Luton. 😂
Respect your choice. The goal of my project is to go & watch my team play. In whatever league we're in. At Luton if that's what's down on the list. And certainly, I can't do that in PLINO. It's long. It's boring. But it's pre-season.

Just thinking that... Fulham having a right go... They are streets ahead of us. We would have 10 men behind the ball waiting for them to score because we can't be expected to compete with their quality or go toe to toe with them

We would’ve had a right go at them between Aug 2019 - Jan 2020.

That’s the sad thing. We’re light years behind the team and mentality we were during that period.

Respect your choice. The goal of my project is to go & watch my team play. In whatever league we're in. At Luton if that's what's down on the list. And certainly, I can't do that in PLINO. It's long. It's boring. But it's pre-season.

Curious to know then, should we be allowed in to a game with limited crowds, would you take the opportunity to go? Or is it simply Ball_Sout (not even sure that works but let's go with it) until 'normality' returns?

Eyup Booker4 I'd say fairplay, there's been a few posts attempting this sort of positivity but folk are already with you (as many are) or it falls on deaf ears.

I think the 'free speech it's a forum' argument has been trotted out hundreds of times by now... I reckon people are frustrated anyway right now which isn't going to help their mood. If it makes people feel better to sound off, I s'pose they can as long as it doesn't get near the players.

I'd prefer a bit of positivity me sen. But let's see where we are in a month (6/7 games time).. they'll either have good reason to be moaning, or hopefully it'll be a case of 'but why didn't we start like this?'.

I don't know if I'm dropping 'likes' on guys who support Wednesday as some people are trying to out them (wait till HR finds out what you've been up to 😃 ) but if I am it's because these guys are making sensible points and not telling me I cannot voice a negative opinion about:
The manager because look what he's done in the last 4 years.
The team because they're not very good and doing their best.
Individual players because they're not getting the service etc.

Everything just seems to be going to shit of late, Fulham are currently beating Leicester 2-0.

Fulham were relegation favourites so if Leicester do end up losing tonight, they’re gonna be well up for us this weekend.

Needs to be turned round before Christmas or I’m afraid there’s not a prayer.
Let’s face every team is gonna be well up for it against us. Nobody wants to the first team to lose to the “useless” Sheffield United.

No no no, we must slag them at every opportunity, because its quite obvious they haven't got a clue how bad they're performing right now. How could they when they don't even post on here?
If I knew where they lived I'd pop round and leave little notes on their windscreens saying "you're performances are outright spastic", "You've got divvy legs", "get that Blades shirt off you pancake faced fathead" etc.
Get em. told!

I’m one of the the least premier league centric blokes you’ll meet. My favourite away trip is Port Vale! :)

But I’m surprised if you can’t at least understand the sentiment of others.

Fella, I’m one of the the least premier league centric bloke you’ll meet. My favourite away trip is Port Vake.

Port Vale also comes with the added bonus game of what are there more of in the home end, teeth or fingers?

We're all down, we're all pissed off and angry, shocked. I know myself included I said I can't see where the next point is coming from etc. It's been 48 hours now and I've had time to reflect. I'm not going to go into details about the merits of the performance on Saturday. But I just wonder if our fans realise how it comes across on here, social media, whatever platform we choose to express our opinion is huge. Is it just me, or am I the only one who thinks that it just comes across that our fans have thrown the towel in, most believe we're already down, even if we don't believe that, most have taken to posts like Ramsdale 3/10, Baldock 4/10 just not good enough, McBurnie is he even a footballer etc?!

Do people realise that collectively we come across as a negative set of fans that are just bemused, at our wits end and our main contribution to our cause right now now is criticism?! Ask yourself is that really helping? We can't go to the games to cheer on, this is literally all we have - forums etc. We know that Ramsdale and Norwood have commented on the effects of negativity, if you disagree maybe I'm wrong, but I sure know that we can't do any harm by positivity but we can by constant criticism. I don't often post on here as a topic, but I decided to do so because quite frankly its toxic, and I want our players to know that we do still believe - I know I bleeding do anyway and I've seen is get out of worse situations than this back in 1991. I'm just a single fan, obviously, but I don't think I'm the only one who thinks that we can do so much more than this. We have to change this now in my opinion.

We need to get behind them now, put aside our frustrations and start the positivity and support. Why not write a letter to a player in support, the manager giving our support, ring football heaven if that's your thing, write a positive post on a facebook group, if we change the mood from negativity we can make a real difference. I hope this post is taken well, I'm trying not to be critical of anyone on here, collectively or individually.

I agree the criticism won’t spur on the players
Had we started like this last season I don’t think there would have been much criticism, as we seem to be playing ok.

But having given us the energy, intensity, passion and ballsyness of last year, they drew their own marker in the sand I’m afraid.

They will know themselves they aren’t at the same level

Add to that the criticism and conversations that would normally be defused over a post match pint, drive home etc are now taking place rawly on here

I hope the lads are intelligent enough to realise looking on a fans forum when bottom of the league isn’t a great idea

But to be honest if they do then that’s fine, as
A) they looked
B) telling them they’re great is misleading
C) every coin has 2 sides, you can’t take the plaudits on the town hall steps when it’s good, and tell those same fans to be silent when it’s going shite

Fella, I’m one of the the least premier league centric bloke you’ll meet. My favourite away trip is Port Vake.

In my replies, I've said - I'm not critical of other fans - I fully understand - I respect their choices. Not sure why you're coming back at me. I fully understand your position. Draft me another form of words if it helps.

In my replies, I've said - I'm not critical of other fans - I fully understand - I respect their choices. Not sure why you're coming back at me. I fully understand your position. Draft me another form of words if it helps.
Sorry mate, I’m not coming back at you. It was just a discussion from me, and apologies if it hasn’t read that way.

Eyup Booker4 I'd say fairplay, there's been a few posts attempting this sort of positivity but folk are already with you (as many are) or it falls on deaf ears.

I think the 'free speech it's a forum' argument has been trotted out hundreds of times by now... I reckon people are frustrated anyway right now which isn't going to help their mood. If it makes people feel better to sound off, I s'pose they can as long as it doesn't get near the players.

I'd prefer a bit of positivity me sen. But let's see where we are in a month (6/7 games time).. they'll either have good reason to be moaning, or hopefully it'll be a case of 'but why didn't we start like this?'.

Hi Raimond! ;-)

The bit where you say as long as it doesn't get near the players it's ok? My point is that I think the players do get to hear this sort of thing. Maybe not directly from every post, but the mood is certainly one of ongoing criticism and whilst many feel that's justified, whether it is or not, I think now is certainly the time to rally around the players, however small we may see our role.

Curious to know then, should we be allowed in to a game with limited crowds, would you take the opportunity to go? Or is it simply Ball_Sout (not even sure that works but let's go with it) until 'normality' returns?
Firstly Ball_Sout is a worthy pun. Love it. I had tickets for Surrey v Middlesex at The Oval in that phase of Cricket Restart. We were in the car on the way down. On the 1pm Radio news, BoJo announced all ramp up games were cancelled. We turned around at Leicester Forest. I also had tickets for England v The BaaBaas at Twickenham in that phase of Rugby Restart. That never happened either. I'd be OK watching those & meaningless PLINO games if tickets fell into my lap. I'm not a season ticket holder. So I doubt I'd get one of the 2k tickets as of right. I'm a key member of a Ticket Gangmaster Group, so I might be able to get one that route. I'd enjoy being at a 2k game. No real emotional investment in it. But, I'd go if a ticket materialised. I generally love friendlies. I've been abroad to watch the U18s play in friendlies. Because in Sports Tourism mode, there's breweries to visit. Ale to drink & grounds to tick. Does that answer?

It's not negative to be realistic.

We're fucked. If we were at the games we'd still be getting behind the lads.

However, afterwards we'd all be discussing how fucked we are.

Because we can't go to the games, the supporting the lads at the match bit isn't happening, so we're just discussing how shit we are, because we're shit.

I don't see the problem.

We've seen it all before, too many times.
It just has that "Premier League, too rich for grotty old us' feeling about it.

The clubs attitude and ambition is Chanpionship, the fans attitudes and ambitions are League One, and that's the ambitious few

We don't belong here, and neither do the pigs or any other of South Yorkshire's finest

Hi Raimond! ;-)

The bit where you say as long as it doesn't get near the players it's ok? My point is that I think the players do get to hear this sort of thing. Maybe not directly from every post, but the mood is certainly one of ongoing criticism and whilst many feel that's justified, whether it is or not, I think now is certainly the time to rally around the players, however small we may see our role.
Aye, not as much saying it's okay mate, as we won't stop 'em! But a big difference between having a whinge on here, and abusing folk on Twitter etc where the players get copied in or straight slagged off themselves.

The overall negativity does nowt to help anyone, just irritates those who are a bit more positive...but then that seems to irritate them too!

Sod it all, I s'pose the only answer is give them less to moan about and they'll moan less

We've seen it all before, too many times.
It just has that "Premier League, too rich for grotty old us' feeling about it.

The clubs attitude and ambition is Chanpionship, the fans attitudes and ambitions are League One, and that's the ambitious few

We don't belong here, and neither do the pigs or any other of South Yorkshire's finest
That's slightly disrespectful of what the Prince has invested into the club. There's plenty been written on here regarding the consequences of overspending. Regroup and go again next season if that's what it is and as disappointing as that will be. For me, Wilder's the man to do that. Unless a billionaire buys us out we'll always be a yoyo side, I dont see that as a lack of ambition, more a statement of fact.

I was wondering how long until someone blamed the fans. If only we were positive about the worst start in Premier League history then we'd be mid-table. In all seriousness, what do you think it would be like if fans were in the ground? Would fans be booing McBurnie every time he touched the ball? Would fans be giving Ramsdale the same shit they gave Long? Yes. They'd probably be fighting in the stands again.

Anyone going on social media and trolling our own players needs a good kicking tbh. It's out of order to troll anyone like that. It's also bloody stupid and self-defeating. However, you'd expect a forum with a lot of negative posts given our start. I don't see why some won't accept that we've had a historically dire start to the season. It's perfectly reasonable to be unhappy.

I'm sorry though, players need to take a long hard look in a mirror. They'd have drunk baying asshats screaming at them if there were fans in stadiums. Players earn more in a week than most do in a year. Record unemployment. I have zero sympathy for players whining about negativity. Play better. Ignore your social media or turn it off. Simple as. And stop making excuses.

I'm not even sure I give a fuck anymore and I don't think that's because of how bad we are I think it's more to do with the fact I can't go and the fact I'm starting to realise that the Prem is the most poxy league in the world.

I remember right at the start of this project restart and I think it might have been Ball_Sup (Phil) who said he wasn't a fan of Sheffield United but a fan of going to watch Sheffield United. Apologies if that was a mis-quote but I think it was something along those lines. I didn't really understand that at the time but fair enough each to their own. However, the longer this lockdown shite has gone on, the more I've realised I think I'm becoming of a similar mindset.

Football really is nothing without fans, in fact it's not even remotely interesting without them, especially at the top level.

But anyway, I think I've come across as quite negative over the last few weeks but I think it's because I'm pissed off I can't be there. I'm pissed off at the fact everything that seems to happen is to the benefit of the top 6. I'm pissed off that the FA bend over for the people with the most money. I'm pissed off that no one gives a fuck about the fans. I'm pissed off that we never play on a Saturday. I'm pissed off that I can't go to the pub before and after the game to at least find solace with fellow Blades.

I think I was much more positive when I could actually go to the games tbh. I've never been less interested in not just football but SUFC as well. It's sad but it is what it is. I'm just not that bothered. I really couldn't muster the energy to tag the players in some of the shit dished out on social media.
Then why not think before you post??
This isn’t a dig at you, but all of you!!

That's slightly disrespectful of what the Prince has invested into the club. There's plenty been written on here regarding the consequences of overspending. Regroup and go again next season if that's what it is and as disappointing as that will be. For me, Wilder's the man to do that. Unless a billionaire buys us out we'll always be a yoyo side, I dont see that as a lack of ambition, more a statement of fact.

Talking about wages.
We've spent too much on transfer fees but the obsession with low wages is still very much alive and well.

Low wages = Having to overpay to force the selling clubs hand, for Championship players who aren't that arsed about coming anyway because they can get Championship wages at their championship clubs

Counter productive to slag the players off on social media etc. It’s not going to help anything and I don’t think they aren’t trying. Personally I think it’s embarrassing to tweet abuse at player.

But I do feel people need an outlet like a forum to complain. We’ve had literally nothing to cheer for the best part of 6 months. We don’t win, we barely score and the results are frankly an embarrassment .

I don’t care if we end up goong down I’d just like us to actually make a decent effort to stay up - I’d like to win a fucking game before we’re back in the championship. If we actually pick up some results people will not slag the side. If we end the season on 4 points of whatever it’s not going to be pretty.

I’m one of the the least premier league centric blokes you’ll meet. My favourite away trip is Port Vale! :)

Port fucking Vale ? Unless youve got a knock off in Leek ,you live in Burslem ,love oatcakes or Robbie Williams I cant get that.

Talking about wages.
We've spent too much on transfer fees but the obsession with low wages is still very much alive and well.

Low wages = Having to overpay to force the selling clubs hand, for Championship players who aren't that arsed about coming anyway because they can get Championship wages at their championship clubs
Again, without going over old ground, theres a reason for us paying lower than average premier league wages. We've only overspent on transfer fees because they haven't been immediately successful. Had Mcburnie, Berge, Brewster, et al had us in a top half position at this moment in time their respective fees would have been viewed as bargains. Unfortunately it's not panned out that way.

Its unrealistic to expect fans to not vent on this forum when we are playing so poorly. This is exactly what this place is for.

We’d be still using this forum to moan if we were going to the ground and the pub. I think the tone is worse at the moment as it is the only forum we have, people are particularly frustrated at the terrible start and dont have the immediacy of blowing that first bit of steam in the pub, before making more considered comments on here. Its an unprecedented situation.

Anyway, its not Noth Korea, if this is the only place to vent then people can and should. Players reading this must be doing so as dark tourists, what are they expecting. And if they know they are affected by criticism they shouldnt be looking.

Trolling on social media is of course absolutely unacceptable.

Back
Top Bottom