Is Norwood a little bit toxic to the team?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Norwood is clearly a gifted footballer but it’s also as clear as day that we still have fans who prefer a player in his position to run around a lot, sometimes take the ball off people, then give it straight back to the opposition.

Step forward Nick "Monty" Montgomery

The figures for his successful pass rate and chances created speak for themselves, but does he really fit the CW criteria that his close-knit 'us' type team player needs to show?
More to the point, do the PLAYERS feel he does?
His so-called 'Hollywood passes' look great when they come off, but how much are they to do with 'look-at-me' than the best option?
Often they don't come off, sometimes there is a casual, almost cockiness about his style which, as we have seen can cause problems. Overhit free kicks and wild shots aren't unusual either.
I just wonder how much all that affects the team spirit?
CW has often said something like, "There are no star names, no big-time Charlies here"
I'm concerned there might just be a small time one though.
You can definitely see why Brighton and Fulham didn’t want to take him into the Premier league. But he is our best player and his importance to the team and his amount of possession on the ball, any mistake he makes is amplified more the any of the others. Must admit Paul Coutts does look rather pedestrian in comparison

Toxic? Very strange post, do folk just moan and try and find a problem just for the sake of it, proper weirdos

Norwood is no big time charlie, gets on great with everyone on and off the field, Oh and what a player!

Toxic? Very strange post, do folk just moan and try and find a problem just for the sake of it, proper weirdos

Norwood is no big time charlie, gets on great with everyone on and off the field, Oh and what a player!

Not just looking for a problem for the sake of it HH, nor am I a proper weirdo as far as I know.
Your statement that he isn't a big time Charlie and gets on with everyone on and off the field is a reassurance though, and a direct response to the question posed, so thanks for that. :)

Back
Top Bottom