Is it time to close down social media platforms?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Censor all negativity, clap clap clap

Only experts like Gary Neville and Steve McManaman are allowed opinions.

As the title.....should platforms such as this which give half witted morons a voice to talk shit about the football club be closed down?
They have zero benefit to the club and allow those with no brain the ability for their pathetic and ridiculous views to be heard and potentially cause damage.

To be honest the latest fashion is to exagerrated everything and be really polarised.

Gone are the days when we played average or played OK.
Its either we were brilliant or we were crap and nearly always based on the result...there’s no half measures.

Brilliant idea! Let’s make direct experience a mandatory requirement for EVERYTHING!

“Studying to be an Oncologist? Have you had cancer? No? Well fuck off!”

“Male obstetrician you say? No chance, piss off!”

“History PHD?! Were you there? NO! So what do you know about it? Nothing!”

“...But what about millions of years of evolution which saw human beings develop empathy, imagination and awareness, allowing them to adapt beyond their biological programming”

“Blah, blah, blah. If you haven’t done the thing, or are the thing, you can’t think about, talk about or do the thing, ok?”

If I drove a car into a footballer would my opinions be valid? 🤔

Having perhaps played the game or have some actual insight into the game. There’s a lot on here who clearly haven’t ever kicked a fucking ball.
That's like saying you have to be an actor or actress to say a film is good or shit.

Let people have their say whether you agree or disagree, if you disagree have a rational debate.

I suppose if you want to live in China then closing down all social media is a good idea.

Alternatively, you can read and disagree with posts and posters, the idea of getting rid of Wilder is madness, in my opinion, but if someone wants to create a debate about why that is a viable option then go for it.
I doubt Wilder or anyone at the club is overly worried by such threads.

The idea that only those who have played to a decent level can express opinions is mad though. Some of the best managers had very poor careers, some of the best players spout rubbish. Ex England players advocate B teams and have no idea how we actually play with quite a few predicting last season we would be relegated with our style (or as they thought we played).

Some of the best football podcasts are those by people, including journalists, who have never played the game. Some with ex pros are mind numbingly boring, same with books and autobiographies.

If you extend that theory than nobody should be allowed to discuss politics unless you have at least been a local councillor, but then they should defer to MPs of course.

I never refereed a game on my life, but I certainly have options on them, every week!

Last edited:
Would you ask someone who’s never driven a car how to drive? Or value that opinion?

What’s different about football?
Reminds me of Joe Mercer (when he was SUFC manager) when he shut up one of the SUFC directors who was questioning his tactics and team selections

Joe Mercer: What do you know about football, then?

SUFC Director: I have watched football for many years so I consider myself to be an expert

Joe Mercer: My wife has been sat next to me watching me driving my car for so many years, and she still cant bloody drive!

As the title.....should platforms such as this which give half witted morons a voice to talk shit about the football club be closed down?
They have zero benefit to the club and allow those with no brain the ability for their pathetic and ridiculous views to be heard and potentially cause damage.

You shouldn't be so hard on yourself.

Some may view your constant criticism of Billy Sharp in early 2016-17 as half witted, pathetic and ridiculous, but everyone gets things wrong from time to time.

More seriously, it's a football message board. It's harmless. Calm down.

I'm hoping the OP is drunk, in the morning it'll all look different.

We’re playing great, nowt to worry about👍

Literally the dumbest thing that's ever been posted on here. This is worse than the change the manager thread.

Reading this has cheered me up no end. Great work

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

You have to remember people are entitled to their opinion, whatever that opinion may be.

Instead of closing down socials, why not just choose to ignore it?

Unfortunately and unwisely I suspect Wilder does read these forums, we get a sense of that in some of his more emotional utterances after poor results. Together with AK he's the best thing that's happened to our club in 40 years I'd hate for him to be unsettled enough to consider his future due to unwise opinions and, I suspect, infiltrators from elsewhere, ( winks). I do take your right to an opinion point though.

Unfortunately and unwisely I suspect Wilder does read these forums, we get a sense of that in some of his more emotional utterances after poor results. Together with AK he's the best thing that's happened to our club in 40 years I'd hate for him to be unsettled enough to consider his future due to unwise opinions and, I suspect, infiltrators from elsewhere, ( winks). I do take your right to an opinion point though.

well if he reads them Chris from watching the games on the tv we are looking not great at the moment. No creativity and not one player who can run at the opposition. Find one or we are doomed.

Same goes for all the hysterical Covid messages on social media that are so damaging.

Empty vessels make the most noise.

Most posters are reasonable on here, even if you don’t agree with them. So just don’t get involved if you don’t like the topic.

Occasionally there comes along a poster I can’t stand reading. I find myself tempted to get into a row which tends to be exactly what they want.

When this happens, put them on ignore. It’s great and they usually get themselves banned soon enough anyway.

Having perhaps played the game or have some actual insight into the game. There’s a lot on here who clearly haven’t ever kicked a fucking ball.
what exactly does playing the game do to be honest the comment breeds arrogance

They say, don't they, that in order to broaden your horizons and world view you ought to surround yourself with opinions that differ greatly to yours.

I would do, but those people are fucking morons.

Back
Top Bottom