Player Suggestion Ipswich Pair (Wolfenden/Downes)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bongleblade

Reaction score
I reckon we will be in for lower league players in summer, and we need more youth about the club

two players Luke wolfenden (CB/RWB - 21) and flynn downes (CM/CAM - 20) have 60+ apps this season between em for Ipshit, we were rumoured to be in for LW in JTW so why not both, apparently theyve been their best players this season and they have both captained the club this season, big box ticked for the Wilder test?

Hopefully Retsos will be coming in too but I'd like us to sign both, given the cost. For a combined £13m or so it could be incredible business.

Sign Hendo and a forward along with those two and that would be more than adequate.

Have you
Hopefully Retsos will be coming in too but I'd like us to sign both, given the cost. For a combined £13m or so it could be incredible business.

Sign Hendo and a forward along with those two and that would be more than adequate.

You’ve seen Restos play for 30 minutes in 2 years and you want to spend that sort of money on people. Deary me.

Have you

You’ve seen Restos play for 30 minutes in 2 years and you want to spend that sort of money on people. Deary me.

You better let the club know your deary concerns because they want to spend that sort of money on him too. He's already transferred for more.

We spent more on McBurnie btw. This isn't massive money now. Especially if as I propose he's one of only a couple substantial spends in this next window.

You better let the club know your deary concerns because they want to spend that sort of money on him too. He's already transferred for more.

We spent more on McBurnie btw. This isn't massive money now. Especially if as I propose he's one of only a couple substantial spends in this next window.

The concern with Restos is the injury record imo. He was hot shit a few years ago, so I'd be surprised if the quality isn't there. Be a lot of money for us to gamble on a potential crock.

The concern with Restos is the injury record imo. He was hot shit a few years ago, so I'd be surprised if the quality isn't there. Be a lot of money for us to gamble on a potential crock.

Been fit for quite a while now though hasn't he? Youth is well on his side and he's at a great place for fitness and conditioning, with our staff.

Even if it was a gamble, it wouldn't be the worst one at the reported fee of £9m, for a player of his pedigree and suitability for us.

We can also afford to take our time to condition and develop him, as with Basham around he's not immediately required in the starting 11.

A bonus to signing him would be continuity - he wouldn't have to settle in next season.

Been fit for quite a while now though hasn't he? Youth is well on his side and he's at a great place for fitness and conditioning, with our staff.

Even if it was a gamble, it wouldn't be the worst one at the reported fee of £9m, for a player of his pedigree and suitability for us.

We can also afford to take our time to condition and develop him, as with Basham around he's not immediately required in the starting 11.

A bonus to signing him would be continuity - he wouldn't have to settle in next season.

If that's the price I agree it's a gamble worth taking.

You’ve seen him for 30 minutes and think we should be spending money like that. I’m so glad your not involved in any sort of scouting. He’s on loan for us to look at and you’ve already made a decision. Scary.

IMO the Ipswich pair need to play at Champ level next season. Sitting on Utd's bench or playing in the 23s won't do them any good. Whether Utd plan to start a model of buying lower league players with potential and farm them out remains to be seen. Personally, I think it would be a good move in line with the club's overall progression.

Wrt Retsos, CWAK will have seen over the last few months whether he's worth the price tag and if he'll improve the team/squad. Reading his bio he does have quite a pedigree and it would fit with CW's approach to buy players while their stocks are low -Retsos' being low due to injuries. Tbh if they think he's worth the price tag then that will do for me - cover/competition for Basham is one of the biggest gaps in the squad - the fact that he's also able to cover JOC and even play in mid are bonuses.

You’ve seen him for 30 minutes and think we should be spending money like that. I’m so glad your not involved in any sort of scouting. He’s on loan for us to look at and you’ve already made a decision. Scary.

It's a bit like Sander Berge. We all wanted us to bring him in despite many of us never seeing him play.
The comments about Retsos from CWAK and the reports you read about him playing in Germany etc. suggest that if he is available for that sort of price, we should definitely make a move. The injury set him back but if we can get him up to that level again and push him beyond, we have a serious player on our hands.

He was captaining Olympiakos at 18. He cost Leverkusen £16m at 19. Still only 21, he's a full international, with a big future.

What a drama queen you are.

Interested to know how you've decided I've only seen 30 minutes.

If anything's 'scary' it's your ignorance around everything that's known, has been reported and said about him. It belies your cocksure style.

Last edited:
Wolfenden was enquired about last transfer window. Seem to recall their manager expecting at least 10 million.

Can't wait to.see retsos and richario in action to make an assessment but we really seem to do our homework on players before bringing them In

What a drama queen you are.

Interested to know how you've decided I've only seen 30 minutes.

If anything's 'scary' it's your ignorance around everything that's known, has been reported and said about him. It belies your cocksure style.
Because he had a huge career impacting injury and since then has hardly played unless you watch Leverkusen reserves? And he’s only played a short time with us.

If we were so sure on Restos we would have already signed him there is a clause in which we can purchase. We clearly loaned him to take a look at him.

So for you to decide we should sign him shows your going against specifically what the plan was. That’s why it’s so scary it’s written down in every paper and it still goes above you.

Because he had a huge career impacting injury and since then has hardly played unless you watch Leverkusen reserves? And he’s only played a short time with us.

If we were so sure on Restos we would have already signed him there is a clause in which we can purchase. We clearly loaned him to take a look at him.

So for you to decide we should sign him shows your going against specifically what the plan was. That’s why it’s so scary it’s written down in every paper and it still goes above you.

Why sign him permanently in January along with the big spend on Berge when we can take him on loan first and have a look at him to make sure?

Here's what Retsos said in an interview with Greek media (can't find the link now):

Q: "What would you like to do after the summer? Stay in England?"

Retsos: "Yes, I would like to continue in England and Sheffield because he (Wilder) believes in me a lot. He has a plan for me and it's important to get games on my feet and get even better than I was."

I'd be surprised if we don't sign him.

Why sign him permanently in January along with the big spend on Berge when we can take him on loan first and have a look at him to make sure?

Here's what Retsos said in an interview with Greek media (can't find the link now):

Q: "What would you like to do after the summer? Stay in England?"

Retsos: "Yes, I would like to continue in England and Sheffield because he (Wilder) believes in me a lot. He has a plan for me and it's important to get games on my feet and get even better than I was."

I'd be surprised if we don't sign him.

I wouldn’t think you could really say yes or no which is the whole point. But your record on here is about 0% so I will happily bet you we don’t.... to charity of your choice?

I wouldn’t think you could really say yes or no which is the whole point. But your record on here is about 0% so I will happily bet you we don’t.... to charity of your choice?

You barely know what your 'whole point' is - it always changes to suit.

0% - what? Do I claim to be ITK or something? But I guess you missed last summer....

Tell you what, you can pay out if we sign him but I don't have to if we don't. I think that's very fair.

You barely know what your 'whole point' is - it always changes to suit.

0% - what? Do I claim to be ITK or something? But I guess you missed last summer....

Tell you what, you can pay out if we sign him but I don't have to if we don't. I think that's very fair.

It seems your understanding is poor, the home school packs aren’t doing you much good. Yeah I will even go with that.

Your record is 0% correct so I am in. Seen as though you won’t back your opinion.

It seems your understanding is poor, the home school packs aren’t doing you much good. Yeah I will even go with that.

Your record is 0% correct so I am in. Seen as though you won’t back your opinion.

Same old transparent deliberately vague routine from Mr Dense.

Being as though you're the one with all guns blazing for some reason and you proposed this little pissing contest, why should I put any of my money on the line?

What we saying then big boy, 50 quid? 100? Or if you really want to swing that dick how about 500?

IMO the Ipswich pair need to play at Champ level next season. Sitting on Utd's bench or playing in the 23s won't do them any good. Whether Utd plan to start a model of buying lower league players with potential and farm them out remains to be seen. Personally, I think it would be a good move in line with the club's overall progression.

Wrt Retsos, CWAK will have seen over the last few months whether he's worth the price tag and if he'll improve the team/squad. Reading his bio he does have quite a pedigree and it would fit with CW's approach to buy players while their stocks are low -Retsos' being low due to injuries. Tbh if they think he's worth the price tag then that will do for me - cover/competition for Basham is one of the biggest gaps in the squad - the fact that he's also able to cover JOC and even play in mid are bonuses.
yeah you aren't wrong, they probably do need a gentle progression up the leagues, although having two players out on loan wouldn't hurt us, plan for getting them back in January and then hopefully they'll be able to provide some vital winter backup in case of injuries etc...

Rotherham look like they are about to go up, if they wanted 'em we could loan out to them and the players could use Sheffield as their base to get bedded in to the area. It'd be nice to be the PL team loaning out for once, but as you say i just don't know if that's what CW does, we haven't been in this position before!

Last edited:
Same old transparent deliberately vague routine from Mr Dense.

Being as though you're the one with all guns blazing for some reason and you proposed this little pissing contest, why should I put any of my money on the line?

What we saying then big boy, 50 quid? 100? Or if you really want to swing that dick how about 500?

Name any amount you wish, I will set it up for us we both deposit the money and await the winner. When I win I will donate it to charity.

Well that escalated 😂 All the interviews I’ve seen indicate we are definitely looking to sign him, getting him in on loan gives us an extra 6 months to get him playing our style and up to speed for next season. I guess nothing is concrete but 9m would be a very sensible gamble for someone with that pedigree.

Another one added to the ignore list

My original discussion point is very simple and backed up by quotes from CW. Then someone asks me to bet and now I’m on the ignore list from Torrix1889 Sad times

Well that escalated 😂 All the interviews I’ve seen indicate we are definitely looking to sign him, getting him in on loan gives us an extra 6 months to get him playing our style and up to speed for next season. I guess nothing is concrete but 9m would be a very sensible gamble for someone with that pedigree.
Looking on FM20 There's a buy out of 12 million. So I'm guessing it's there or there abouts.

My original discussion point is very simple and backed up by quotes from CW. Then someone asks me to bet and now I’m on the ignore list from Torrix1889 Sad times
Somewhat like a few on here to be honest. You would think that some people would think about a statement being made before accusing you of being an piggy owl. That's what happened to me.

Somewhat like a few on here to be honest. You would think that some people would think about a statement being made before accusing you of being an piggy owl. That's what happened to me.

Agree mate, it's on a par with those who belong to that gang mentality who call anyone they happen to dislike a pig, a paedo, or whatever term they consider to be the most offensive. I know we've had infiltration on here but it's the laziest smear I can think of to call someone a pig simply because they've disputed a point that's been made.

Signed both on my FM20 save. Downes cost 5m, later resold for £20 million to Wolves after he couldn't dislodge Berge as a regular starter.

Back
Top Bottom