CONFIRMED Inter Milan at home

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Were you sat next to my dad? He was in Z 96. I'm pretty sure he wasn't far off from being in line with McCabe (unless he changed seats in the second half like Deano). I was on the end of the line getting what's left of my hair brushed by the shoe of the bloke behind me!

AA 100, your Dad was in front of my Dad by the sounds of it haha..

Deano stole someone's seat yeah haha, I don't usually sit down near the celebs, I'm up at the back corner usually but it was available and its better for my Dad stairs wise, so I went for it. Bit weird when the chairman, Deano, and Morgs go past you.

haha

Forest Fairy instigating a mass brawl. Fists flying all over :)

Expect him to be banned for X amount of games.

He tackled from behind at end of game, a load of their players didn’t like it and then one ended up throwing punches at him. He somehow manages to get off pitch by Flitcroft and subbed off quietly, definite red for him. Whilst forestieri gets a yellow.

Full time comes, forestieri walks upto butcher and punches him square in face - mass brawl boots off and they’re bench, our bench and all police and stewards end up in a mass brawl and Forestieri gets kicked and booted down tunnel and Tom Lees kicked in chest

"But it wasn’t enough and, without taking anything away from the home side, Wednesday did not look in the same class at Derby or United and could face a long, hard season on that form."

let's hope so

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/footba...ds-in-mass-brawl-as-stags-win-again-1-9268023
Does it still class as a friendly?

Gotcha, we usually sit opposite in the John Street stand but I like to sit in the South Stand for pre season and the like to give my young 'un a different view.(sorry mattbianco1 )
Was nice to see so many ex players in attendance tonight.

Bloody good game for a pre-season friendly. Felt like we were trying to quality for Europa league at times hahaha.

All the new signings looked promising. Good finish for McGoldrick, Egan went about things with an assured quietness, no thrills, no mucking about, just did his job. Hendo, best distribution from a United keeper I've seen in too long.

Still like us to sign at least one more first team striker. I thought Clarke was a bit poor and just can't see him getting anywhere near last season again. LWB as well even if it just competition for Enda, unless Wilder is thinking the young lad Norrington-Davies can step up?

Bloody good game for a pre-season friendly. Felt like we were trying to quality for Europa league at times hahaha.

All the new signings looked promising. Good finish for McGoldrick, Egan went about things with an assured quietness, no thrills, no mucking about, just did his job. Hendo, best distribution from a United keeper I've seen in too long.

Still like us to sign at least one more first team striker. I thought Clarke was a bit poor and just can't see him getting anywhere near last season again. LWB as well even if it just competition for Enda, unless Wilder is thinking the young lad Norrington-Davies can step up?

Agree with all that, I'd just add that Egan had really good control. Not pacey or showy or anything but he trapped the ball very well and things like taking it down before volleying it clear, very assured.

Billy looked good too.

Last edited:
It was hardly Inter’s first choice XI but still a class above what we will come up against most weeks. I didn’t expect us to have as much of the ball as we did, but we were only really having to chase it for about 20 minutes in the 2nd half. We still miss a really pacy forward. Egan & Henderson are going to add loads this season, hugely impressed with both, we will concede less this season & Henderson probably played the most incisive pass of the night which, with a bit more awareness, we could have scored from.

Other than Perisic, Nainggolan and possibly Vecino/Valero, that was Inter’s first choice side. Martinez & Gagliadini have been bought for £35m this summer and Vrij and Asamoah come on frees. Their big fair haired CB is currently the most highly sought after CB in Europe. Admittedly the bench was mainly yoof.

AA 100, your Dad was in front of my Dad by the sounds of it haha..

Deano stole someone's seat yeah haha, I don't usually sit down near the celebs, I'm up at the back corner usually but it was available and its better for my Dad stairs wise, so I went for it. Bit weird when the chairman, Deano, and Morgs go past you.
You're a bit slow bromtom aren't you, morgs and Deano maybe but the fuckin chairman went past you, there's a corner in john Street waiting for you.

The miserable bastard partnership absolutely delighted to be given the opportunity to lead the line against Inter.

5B6DE97E-7FA6-464D-B2EF-266262B2298E.jpeg

yesterday was a Great night v Inter loved watching some of their quality players. much stronger inter milan team than I expected. I would say it have 1/2 of their 1st team out as Handanovic de vrij candreva d'ambroisio asamoah & some firepower with icardi Martinez upfront. although i did worry 6 mins in, that inter were regretting agreeing to the friendly when they had 1 stretchered off. Oops. ending in Words i never thought id say, Sheff utd have drawn with Inter Milan. I was struggling to look at headlines because it looked like something out of gootball manager. "icardi equalised to rescue a point at bramall lane"

I can definitely see how Icardi scored 29 goals in serie a last season, because some of the movement between the front 2 at times when they went through the gears they were unplayable. that bit In the 1st half with flicks & nearly the 30yd goal, that Henderson just saved. this can only benefit us through the season because you could see the quality & the tempo difference.

but nearly 19000 was fantastic but weird for friendly I can remember quite a few league 1 games where we got less than for a league

Back
Top Bottom