If we don't go up this season what will happen ?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I charge per job undertaken, same fee whether it's £1 million invested or £50,000. Commission is banned in financial services, apparently only accountants and solicitors can take commission, and I am not in the mortgage market at all, I'm not interested in it.

Fee based on an hourly rate or percentage?
You can answer the question about advice then. Or have you always made money for your clients on every single deal?

I’ve never charged an introductory fee or commission. My input is minimal so no need. I use IFA’s I respect to give good advice.

You or whoever you’ve worked for never paid commission to an accountant or solicitor then?

I am not in the mortgage market at all, I'm not interested in it.

Too highly regulated these days ?

Used to be a time any used car salesman could sell a low cost endowment mortgage, leaving the family with a huge debt after 25 years and not the 'big payout' as promised.

Bit like running a football club eh.

same fee whether it's £1 million invested risked

Fixed that for you.

Never forget investments can go down as well as up.

It's all in the small print for those that can be bothered.

Or those IFA's that make a balanced presentation.

Used to be a time any used car salesman could sell a low cost endowment mortgage, leaving the family with a huge debt after 25 years and not the 'big payout' as promised.

Yes, very true. Insurance companies and banks would employ double glazing salesmen, car salesman and door to door vacuum cleaner salesmen because they had a good track record of selling
They hadn't a clue what the difference between one type of investment and another was
They thought that employing "Salesmen" and monitoring them would be ok
Thing is they didn't monitor them, except for their monthly productivity. They told them to get out and sell, everything and anything.
Disgraceful really, but this is the reason why banks, building societies and insurance companies have moved out of the direct advice sector

The IFA market started to gain strength, but the cost of regulation, indemnity and compensation is falling very heavily on IFA practices even though most of today's IFA's had nothing to do with it.
Ask any IFA if he's ever in his life advised on PPI and there's not one of them, banks hid this additional product into their various lines of credit, but our compensation levies are being increased constantly to pay for it.

The shortfall in endowments was always going to be a problem when interest rates started falling, an endowment investment primarily linked to bank deposits and fixed interest securities bought in the 1980's would have expected fairly healthy growth rates, by the mid 90's when interest rates started falling and then falling even further in the noughties. The Insurance company "Salesman" weren't qualified to sell higher risk investments linked to equities and other markets that might have stood a chance of providing sufficient funds and the banks and insurance companies never anticipated such a drop in interest rates.

The endowments themselves would probably have done the job if the underlying investments had been switched from the deposit based funds into equities, but by then the scaremongering had already begun and people wanted out

The salesmen in question are back selling cars and double glazing, not that they were guilty anyway, it was their employers who were to blame

Fixed that for you.

Never forget investments can go down as well as up.

It's all in the small print for those that can be bothered.

Or those IFA's that make a balanced presentation.

Thanks for that, and by the way, you're getting closer and closer to slander now, so shut up

Yeah, pick the bits out that suit your agenda

Whatever you're getting at was well before my time, and as I said in an earlier post, I don't do mortgage business, and never have

So when you say.

McCabe has no ambition.

Wilder will leave for a proper club.

All our players are average.

Which word describes the above ?

1) McCabe has lots of ambition, just not for SUFC, he can't fund it so he can't take the chance, lack of faith, lack of ambition, whatever the reason.
2) I've said Wilder will leave if he gets a better offer and the club don't back him, if the club backs him a little he won't. This isn't the same as saying he will leave
3) Our players are average in the context of measuring them against other professional footballers, not the Dog & Duck's footballers

Whatever happens this season, I hope that we try and keep our current identity:
  • Positive attacking football.
  • The wing back 3-5-2 formation.
  • Overlapping center backs.
  • High pressing / high possession football.
  • low-risk recruitment strategy.
  • High levels of fitness and conditioning (Major factor of current play-style)
My honest opinion is that Wilder will leave if we don't go up this season, luckily, Wilder has laid a foundation that should be rooted all the way through the club, from the first team down through the development squads.

If Wilder should leave, I hope that we could somehow tempt Alan Knill, Paul Mitchell and Matt Prestrige to stay, unfortunately It is inevitable that Alan will follow Wilder out of the door. Hopefully the rest of the backroom staff would stay, keeping some form of the structure that we currently have.

Whoever we appoint to replace Wilder should suit the clubs identity. No big name managerial appoinment. Just find a man that ticks as many boxes as possible and employ him on the understanding that he believes, understands and will work in accordance with the clubs ethos.

Finally, if we don't go up, the club should take what we have left and turn it into something positive! Build on what we have and go again. we should certainly not wallow is self pity.

A lot of truth in what you say but Wilder is getting support maybe not enough but once the ownership is sorted Wilder will have a better view of the future.All negative in your world how's about a bit of optimism

I'm agreeing with his points about the past.

How many years ago???

I've dealt with many historic mortgage endowments and not seen any sold post mid 80s (even pre FSA) by anyone other than a proper financial adviser.

Yes, very true. Insurance companies and banks would employ double glazing salesmen, car salesman and door to door vacuum cleaner salesmen because they had a good track record of selling
They hadn't a clue what the difference between one type of investment and another was
They thought that employing "Salesmen" and monitoring them would be ok
Thing is they didn't monitor them, except for their monthly productivity. They told them to get out and sell, everything and anything.
Disgraceful really, but this is the reason why banks, building societies and insurance companies have moved out of the direct advice sector

The IFA market started to gain strength, but the cost of regulation, indemnity and compensation is falling very heavily on IFA practices even though most of today's IFA's had nothing to do with it.
Ask any IFA if he's ever in his life advised on PPI and there's not one of them, banks hid this additional product into their various lines of credit, but our compensation levies are being increased constantly to pay for it.

The shortfall in endowments was always going to be a problem when interest rates started falling, an endowment investment primarily linked to bank deposits and fixed interest securities bought in the 1980's would have expected fairly healthy growth rates, by the mid 90's when interest rates started falling and then falling even further in the noughties. The Insurance company "Salesman" weren't qualified to sell higher risk investments linked to equities and other markets that might have stood a chance of providing sufficient funds and the banks and insurance companies never anticipated such a drop in interest rates.

The endowments themselves would probably have done the job if the underlying investments had been switched from the deposit based funds into equities, but by then the scaremongering had already begun and people wanted out

The salesmen in question are back selling cars and double glazing, not that they were guilty anyway, it was their employers who were to blame

Sounds like the DeVere model. They are prevalent over here and a lot of stupid ex-pats hand them their cash and sign up to deals that don't make sense to anybody. They once called me and accidentally left the phone on the hook when the call had finished, the guy on the other end said "remove this guy as a prospect, he seems to know what he's talking about". I made sure he knew I was still there. I see DeVere paperwork on people's desks at work and ask them if they'd like me to check it over from a common sense perspective but generally the answer is "I've already signed up". I despair.

Firmly of the belief large investment will come before CW walks.

Knowing our luck though the minute they walk through the door they would sack him and put Rooney in his place

So to answer your original question, when you can see a kick in the balls coming and do nothing to prevent it, it tends to hurt more?
I think it's more like when you're enjoying having them fondled to the point where you think the bliss will never end and then ......WHAM !!!

Sounds like the DeVere model. They are prevalent over here and a lot of stupid ex-pats hand them their cash and sign up to deals that don't make sense to anybody. They once called me and accidentally left the phone on the hook when the call had finished, the guy on the other end said "remove this guy as a prospect, he seems to know what he's talking about". I made sure he knew I was still there. I see DeVere paperwork on people's desks at work and ask them if they'd like me to check it over from a common sense perspective but generally the answer is "I've already signed up". I despair.

Its very sad that people can lose their life savings in the blink of an eye to sharks selling various unregulated investments and other wacky investment schemes.

The new pension freedom rules has created an enormous market for various scams
The number of people who have lost all of their pension or investment by cashing them in and handing it over to some unregulated get rich quick scheme is frightening.

These scammers have enormous amounts of data, everyone over the age of 55 is able to crystallize their pension fund, and they are all a target

The financial services sector and IFA's in particular get the blame when stuff like this happens because people have used their pension money. The press make it sound like some sort of pension or investment scam, when it isn't. That's just the source of the money

The press jump all over it with headlines such as "Pension rip off" "Pension scam" "Investment scam"

There's never a story in the newspapers about an IFA stopping one of these transactions from going through, even though most IFA's probably stop and report three or four a year from their own relatively small client base, It's not newsworthy enough and doesn't create the mayhem that they are seeking. Whistle blowing is one thing, but these organisations and individuals are unregulated and selling unregulated products so the FCA is often powerless

seems likely we will be playing in premier league 2 , or get promoted to the prem after 6 clubs leave the prem to form a european super league
IMAGINE IF 4 BREAK AWAY THE TOP 6 COULD ALL GET PROMOTED

I haven’t got time to read it all so if I make the same point as somebody else, I apologise.

CW/AK, in my humble opinion, have their best chance of managing in the Premier by taking us up. Everyone up there wants a name with a ‘track record’ what ever guise it takes. No, unless they show a little more success and actually gets us up, or almost up, they won’t be going anywhere as they would be a wild card choice.

The time we really have to worry is either when the boardroom battle becomes toxic and/or he brings us success. THEN he is worthy of the wild card choice. Our saving grace then is the being a blade factor.

The only other risk is if we, the fans, turn on him. Then, he will go without a doubt because it would hurt so much.

Just my opinion mind.

He’s one of our own......and I love him (and you, AK)! :cool::D

Back
Top Bottom