If we could buy back all our players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If we could buy back all our sold players THAT ARE STILL PLAYING and keep existing players, how could we lineup??

This was an article on Squawka and they went like this:

Henderson
Coady - Cahill - Maguire
Walker - Brooks - Norwood - Stevens
Calvert-Lewin - Sharp - Adams
Not far off TBF. I would maybe go like this:

Henderson
Coady - Maguire - O'Connell
Walker - Norwood - Fleck - Stevens
Brooks
DCL/Adams - Sharp
Notable members/subs - Jagielka, Matt Phillips, Mendez-Laing, Cahill, Naughton, Lowton, Murphy

Wouldn't be that surprised if we end up with some of those players if we stay up more than two seasons, I could see us going for Kyle once he's heading towards the twilight of his career, could maybe go for Brooks if he isn't at Real by then... DCL will be in his prime. Adams, Lowton, Naughton & Jags maybe this summer even...​

DCL - wouldn’t improve us.

Maguire - Egan and O’Connell are fine - as good in my view.

Adams - yeah.

Brooks - yeah in the Duffy role - expensive though.

Walker - will not leave city till it’s too late.

Murphy - no.

Jags - way too late now - big wages for cover.

Lawton, Naughton and the rest of the cast aren’t as good as what we have, I don’t think nobody’s mentioned Kevin Macdonald, who would I think could do a job for us as we’re a bit small in midfield.. (affordable squad player chips in with the odd goal) ..

Maguire and JOC as the overlapping centre backs. Coady in the middle. Could Coady play the ‘quarterback’ style passes? I wondered at points last season if the next evolution of this system is have your middle CB be capable of the long range passing, thus freeing up the Norwood role to be a second Fleck-type.

Kyle would love the freedom to attack and get in scoring positions.

Our strikers have to score goals, so no DCL for me.

Brooks still doesn’t fit our system.

Kyle Walker managed by Wilder/Knill in our current set-up would be fucking awesome. Not sure I'd have the heart to drop Baldock though. Too sentimental to be a manager.

Simon Francis has had a good solid career since leaving, it would be more interesting to have had all these players with us in their prime. I like to think we could have been challenging for a Europa League spot.

Back
Top Bottom