If the next three years is as amazing as the previous....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SMFblade

Reaction score
3 years ago I went to Oldham away and couldn't dream we would be where we are now... Record signings, 6th in the Premier League and talk of Europe. Mad stuff.

So....

If things go even better in the next three years (beyond our current expectations..) who could we sign that could fit our system:

Messi in the Duffy role?
McGoldrick/Mbappe starting up front?
An overlapping VVD?

Obviously i'm joking but what world class players would fit our system if we could afford wages/fees/ambitions?

Please suspend your disbelief and indulge me in my Thursday boredom 😅

(p.s. anyone mentioned must fit our current system)

Robertson and Trent AA would both be class in our current system.

VVD would be unreal as the central CB

KDB in midfield when fit, he’s got the creativity and work rate.

Lewansdowski would score an absolute fuck load

Kante would be quality under wilder

we just need to find about half a billion pounds

If I could sign anyone for us, it would be Kevin De Bruyne and that kid, Haaland, who has just signed for Dortmund and scored about 7 in his first 3 games.

3 years ago I went to Oldham away and couldn't dream we would be where we are now... Record signings, 6th in the Premier League and talk of Europe. Mad stuff.

So....

If things go even better in the next three years (beyond our current expectations..) who could we sign that could fit our system:

Messi in the Duffy role?
McGoldrick/Mbappe starting up front?
An overlapping VVD?

Obviously i'm joking but what world class players would fit our system if we could afford wages/fees/ambitions?

Please suspend your disbelief and indulge me in my Thursday boredom 😅

(p.s. anyone mentioned must fit our current system)
Unlimited money to fit in our current system, judging their character etc with a few English chucked in.

--------------- Ter Stegen

--------- Gomez - VVD - JOC
--Trent ------------------------ Alex Telles

------- KDB - Henderson - Saul

-----------Firmino - Mbappe

It would be impressive to have 3 years with the same amount of excitement and interest as the last three.
2 promotions and a brilliant debut premier league season....to repeat that kind of excitement we would have to have a good European run each of the next three years and maintain a top 5 finish every year...with perhaps a cup final and a cup win thrown in!!

what we do have to maintain is the upward trajectory, realistically it will plateau at some point but let’s hope we maintain this rise and keep improving year on year. Next year will be interesting, and I can’t wait to see how the new foreign lads settle between now and the end of the season and whether who we have lined up for this coming summer!

I don’t see a lot of change to that midfield, maybe a small tweek at the back but can see a few changes at top with a good finisher in the billy mould but with the Pace and power to hurt premier league sides

I would love Son from Tottenham, I know hes primarily a winger but I think hes got so much more in his locker. Could see him anywhere along our forward line.

You seem to be mixing him up with Harry Kane

Take a look at the one he 'won' last night. Not to mention when he booted the floor against us and tried to get a penalty.

If Sterling wins that in injury time last night, Talksport would have a special phone in dedicated to diving today.

Yes but he would be 'our' diving bastard. Tbh I haven't noticed him diving that much but will watch for it now.

He's a million times worse than Sterling, but obviously Son isn't English so the British press and pundits don't have an agenda against him.

He's a million times worse than Sterling, but obviously Son isn't English so the British press and pundits don't have an agenda against him.
English? More like black. Kane is the worst of the lot and gets no media attention.

I would rip up my season ticket if we sign DeBruyne. Good player but a mardy arse and everything I hope we never become. A few more of these in that team that I would not swap for our lot.

So that team is sadly rejected by me. Would be treason not progress... :p:cool:

Take a look at the one he 'won' last night. Not to mention when he booted the floor against us and tried to get a penalty.

If Sterling wins that in injury time last night, Talksport would have a special phone in dedicated to diving today.
They are. They’ve been banging on about it for so long I’ve turned it off.

I would rip up my season ticket if we sign DeBruyne. Good player but a mardy arse and everything I hope we never become. A few more of these in that team that I would not swap for our lot.

So that team is sadly rejected by me. Would be treason not progress... :p:cool:

Not sure if serious...

TBH I love the ones we’ve already got, apart from maybe 2 or 3 of the squad players I’d hardly swap any of them. UTB

Unlimited money to fit in our current system, judging their character etc with a few English chucked in.

--------------- Ter Stegen

--------- Gomez - VVD - JOC
--Trent ------------------------ Alex Telles

------- KDB - Henderson - Saul

-----------Firmino - Mbappe

Don't think deano can play Norwoods role tbh.

A start would be to stop spunking money to the council to renew the planning permissions that were granted 5/6 years ago for the kop and south stand and actually crack on with the work. Pointless having teams like that when only 30k can cram in the place.

Why has no one included barry bannan? Surely he would be affordable, even if we had to break our record transfer again.

Back
Top Bottom