IF Portsmouth go bust...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Football league won't say yet but the premier league are insisting that west ham fans must not suffer

I know it won't happen (not enough votes in the PL) but this would a perfect time to reduce the number of teams in the PL, i.e three down and only two up. Maybe not this season but for the next.

If Portsmouth go tits up, I believe all their matches so far will be scratched, so any points that teams have earned against them will be removed.

I'd love it, I'd fucking LOVE it if they announced that there would only be the two automatic spots from League One. Lol.

Naturally, this happiness would only be justified if we don't fuck it up.

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:18 AM ----------

Also, out of sheer boredom I've worked out what the arse-end of the Championship table would look like if they collapsed today:

Peterborough......35
Millwall...............31
Nottm Forest.......31
-------------------------
Bristol City..........30
Coventry............28
Doncaster...........25

Football league won't say yet but the premier league are insisting that west ham fans must not suffer

As they took 6 points off Pompey, West Ham would drop to third, how sweet would that be, if they missed out in the play-offs?

Tricky Trev's bleating about not having enough money to pay the players, he's not too badly off himself, perhaps he could throw in a few of our quid.

As they took 6 points off Pompey, West Ham would drop to third, how sweet would that be, if they missed out in the play-offs?

I've heard about the 6 point loss by west Ham a few times usually just before someone waffles on about how clubs who live beyond their means should be punished and why should Clubs who pay their bills suffer ( by beIng deducted points)
I think there are too many hammers working in the football press / media

As said, they'll go with one less relegated from each division and with two up from the conference, correct numbers will be restored. All results would be expunged, so as said West Ham would drop 6 points, but as also pointed out there has to be some ruling to prevent any suffering to West Ham fans. Tricky one for the Football League, they may need to just promote West Ham automatically to alleviate the suffering caused by Portsmouth going bust.

I know it won't happen (not enough votes in the PL) but this would a perfect time to reduce the number of teams in the PL, i.e three down and only two up. Maybe not this season but for the next.

I really like your concern for the premiership. Are you an arm chair fan by any chance?

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

As said, they'll go with one less relegated from each division and with two up from the conference, correct numbers will be restored. All results would be expunged, so as said West Ham would drop 6 points, but as also pointed out there has to be some ruling to prevent any suffering to West Ham fans. Tricky one for the Football League, they may need to just promote West Ham automatically to alleviate the suffering caused by Portsmouth going bust.

Don't forget they've already had the compensation of gate takings for a full championship game that possibly never happened!

I'm guessing that Fratton Park will be annexed to do a beam back for the massives south coast supporters club. In fact I see the future being any club that goes bust will be used by the local Massive beamback centre.

They really are that big.

Surely Pompey can't be far off the point where it really would be better to wind up and re-form (AFC Wimbledon style) at the arse end of the pyramid. With the support they'd hang on to and a clean slate they could start again with a big advantage over other clubs at that level and be back in the League in a few years.

Can't go on as they are surely?

Agreed. Two reasons why:-

a) All your monies that you're desperately trying to raise to keep the club afloat are all going into the Bastards who brought you here's pockets. SAve the money for the club you will must surely constitutionally have more influence with.

b) You're the little bit of snow that breaks off at the top of the mountain, be in at the start of the avalanche and be remembered for brining the whole sorry shebang down.

Surely Pompey can't be far off the point where it really would be better to wind up and re-form (AFC Wimbledon style) at the arse end of the pyramid. With the support they'd hang on to and a clean slate they could start again with a big advantage over other clubs at that level and be back in the League in a few years.

Can't go on as they are surely?

That would be a bit of a strange one.

One can assume that they would get 10,000ish supporters along to their games (but who knows where they would play as they don't own the ground) and say they went into the Wessex League (their local league at level 8 of the pyramid - where AFC Wimbledon started) they would be playing clubs who struggle to get attendances of 100

http://www.wessexleague.co.uk/test/premierdivision.html

They would be walking every game.

Option B. Go into Administration and calculate your break even figure. Gate figures, sponsorships etc. Cull anything/anyone who takes you into the red. You keep your ground, you offload the players and others who have bled you dry and you stay in the Football League. I believe that this is how it should work. However, if you cannot make the ends meet this way then you should sink the lot.

Shouldn't football run itself this way in any case?

Agreed. Two reasons why:-

a) All your monies that you're desperately trying to raise to keep the club afloat are all going into the Bastards who brought you here's pockets. SAve the money for the club you will must surely constitutionally have more influence with.

b) You're the little bit of snow that breaks off at the top of the mountain, be in at the start of the avalanche and be remembered for brining the whole sorry shebang down.
B ) is probably the most descriptive symbolism I've ever read
You are wasted on here raul

Portsmouth should go to the wall, if only for the shoddy way they've been run. Creditors from the first time they went into administration are getting 20p for every pound they are owed, and now they'll be getting 20p in the pound on that deal, so for every pound owed from the first time they'll get, at best, 4p.

Four pence for every quid to some of the businesses that are owed money by Portsmouth FC will see some of those businesses go bust too. Any other company that traded like that would deservedly go out of business, so why not a football club? It's all very well thinking of the fans, but their FA Cup glory came at the expense of not paying people the money they were owed. They gambled, and they lost. Tough shit.

Portsmouth should go to the wall, if only for the shoddy way they've been run. Creditors from the first time they went into administration are getting 20p for every pound they are owed, and now they'll be getting 20p in the pound on that deal, so for every pound owed from the first time they'll get, at best, 4p.

Four pence for every quid to some of the businesses that are owed money by Portsmouth FC will see some of those businesses go bust too. Any other company that traded like that would deservedly go out of business, so why not a football club? It's all very well thinking of the fans, but their FA Cup glory came at the expense of not paying people the money they were owed. They gambled, and they lost. Tough shit.

Here here SV!

They gambled, and lost.

Then they went into Administration.

They agreed to pay creditors 20p/£

They came out of Admin

They signed Liam Lawrence on 20k/week in the Championship

They gambled, and lost. (again)

Then they went into Administration. (again)

No sympathy for them. If they hadn`t been splurging cash they didn`t have last season, who's to know where they would have finished. They may have been relegated and Scunny stayed up.

Time for a 2 division relegation for Admin. Its the only way...

I thought it was funny that they brought in "tricky" Trevor Birch as administrator. Presumably his primary aim is to maximise the return for the clubs creditors and preferably sell the club as a going concern. Given that he failed to bring in any signifcant new investment at Bramall Lane, why was he going to be able to do that at Portsmouth (which, even with my red and white tinted specs on, must be a much bigger turd to polish than SUFC)?

They gambled, and lost.

Then they went into Administration.

They agreed to pay creditors 20p/£

They came out of Admin

They signed Liam Lawrence on 20k/week in the Championship

They gambled, and lost. (again)

Then they went into Administration. (again)

No sympathy for them. If they hadn`t been splurging cash they didn`t have last season, who's to know where they would have finished. They may have been relegated and Scunny stayed up.

Time for a 2 division relegation for Admin. Its the only way...
I heard their top earner is on 36k a week and has been there 3 years

Pompey are far worse than Wendy. Wendy just spent too much and then were saddled with the millstone. Pompey have gone in to admin, kept a team that they knew they couldn't afford, added some more players they knew they couldn't afford and I really don't know what anyone thought they were doing. I can't believe it takes an administrator to tell them that none of the parachute payments are actually going in to the club's account to help with the latest restructure/overspending exercise.

Some club needs to go to the wall over acting like this. If it is them then so be it.

Pompey are far worse than Wendy. Wendy just spent too much and then were saddled with the millstone. Pompey have gone in to admin, kept a team that they knew they couldn't afford, added some more players they knew they couldn't afford and I really don't know what anyone thought they were doing. I can't believe it takes an administrator to tell them that none of the parachute payments are actually going in to the club's account to help with the latest restructure/overspending exercise.

Some club needs to go to the wall over acting like this. If it is them then so be it.

3 defeats and a draw has proved to be a pathetic penalty for years of overspending at the ultimate expense of other businesses and taxpayers.

If the football authorities are incapabale of ensuring clubs are run properly then it won't stop until a significant club has to start again at the bottom of the pyramid.

It's a shame for genuine Portsmouth fans but for the overall good and fairness of football something drastic has to happen this time round or the farce goes to new levels.

If Portsmouth go tits up, I believe all their matches so far will be scratched, so any points that teams have earned against them will be removed.

I'll file that under the SOBO section (Statement of the bleedin' obvious)

Back
Top Bottom