I'd still let Hendo...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Normally I'd agree, but this is Sheffield United
Were either on top and controlling a game or were conceding, there are some pretty shyte teams in this League, but we even managed to gift Ipswich a goal a couple of weeks ago
Any team that has a spell of pressure against us, scores, even Barnet.
So we are the one club who cannot sit back and play the game out

Agreed, we’re shite. Wilder aaaaaaaaaaahhhhht.

Hendo's been great this season, but players who are out of form can be dropped and he is no exception. It could be tempting to give Moore the gloves temporarily on Wednesday so Hendo can have a rest and get his head right. Normally he doesn't punch at crosses or weakly palm away shots, so you have to wonder whether he was distracted or had concentration issues last night.

Normally I'd agree, but this is Sheffield United
Were either on top and controlling a game or were conceding, there are some pretty shyte teams in this League, but we even managed to gift Ipswich a goal a couple of weeks ago
Any team that has a spell of pressure against us, scores, even Barnet.
So we are the one club who cannot sit back and play the game out
Yet we sit 3rd in the league...

We’re joint 2nd on games won... only Leeds have won more
We’re 3rd on goals conceded...only Boro and Bristol City have conceded fewer

Seems we’re doing alright after all

Yet we sit 3rd in the league...

We’re joint 2nd on games won... only Leeds have won more
We’re 3rd on goals conceded...only Boro and Bristol City have conceded fewer

Seems we’re doing alright after all

We're doing much better than expected, but I don't believe we've got anything that we didn't deserve on the upside, but we've thrown away some criminal points on the downside
Leeds, Stoke, Rotherham, Villa = 7 points just literally tossed away in stupid circumstances

West Brom just scored at Stoke as well......Bugger

We're doing much better than expected, but I don't believe we've got anything that we didn't deserve on the upside, but we've thrown away some criminal points on the downside
Leeds, Stoke, Rotherham, Villa = 7 points just literally tossed away in stupid circumstances

West Brom just scored at Stoke as well......Bugger
Sure, we’ve given lots of points away, we’ve also gained lots.

The pleasing thing, in an odd way is that in those games you mentioned we’ve given points away through stupid errors. Why is that pleasing? It’s errors which can be corrected easily. We’ve not dropped points because we’re not good enough... we’re up there because we’re good enough, we just make some daft mistakes which we can put a stop to or are unlikely to happen again

I'd still let Hendo...
get a chance to mendo,
the errors of last night,

He'd play again v Boro,
and hopefully be more thorough,
I don't think that he's shite,

He seems a top lad. Wilder loves him. He has some excellent attributes for a goalkeeper which could see him make it at the top level.

One of those attributes is not command of his box though. I’ve always felt he is a little uneasy coming for crosses. In complete contrast to Blackman who is the best goalkeeper I have seen in a Blades jersey from that regard.

We were outstanding for large parts of last night and it proved to me that we’re actually in this. Regardless of the last 10 mins, teams will have seen that dominant performance and realised we mean business. We can take control of this run-in and beat our rivals, home or away. I actually feel more confident from last night than I did before. It’s a harsh lesson, but it is a lesson. We won’t let it impact us and we won’t be so complacent again.

Wilder will have found out a lot from last night. He’ll know he made mistakes with his subs.

Good post, and exactly how I feel.

The harshest lessons in life are the ones that we remember and make us do everything possible to avoid the mistakes that led to them. I expect the lads will still be hurting on Monday morning, and there could be some making up to do after a few harsh words but they will get over it and get their heads down sure enough.

I feel very confident about the remainder of this season and I can't wait for Wednesday's game.

I'd still let him open a bottle of hendersons.

Apart from one little shaky spell 2nd half when he came for a cross and got no where near it, and a defender had to clear up for him, and the shot as well that he didn't hold which could have dropped for their player and been dangerous....he got away with that one.

That said it was a test of character for him tonight and I think he was probably a tad nervous after the Villa game.

It will have done him the world of good to get a clean sheet at the Lane after last week. Time to forget Villa, it's gone and the lad is a very young and capable keeper. Hope he's our number 1 for a long time.

Last edited:
i mentioned dean henderson on the match thread he mustve had a tough few days after villa when he was singled out unfairly in my opinion because it team collectively at fault when their game management & a calm head to take sting out the game. instead of booting it. so the next wave can begin

but showed his resilience. he kept us in that game with some brilliant saves & punches

A big test for Hendo today and he passed with flying colours.

Not in my book. He did just about enough to retain his place but still looked shaky. He was very lucky not to concede after palming a shot into the path of a Boro player. Still, the clean sheet will hopefully boost his confidence. We all know how good he can be.

Apart from one little shaky spell 2nd half when he came for a cross and got no where near it, and a defender had to clear up for him, and the shot as well that he didn't hold which could have dropped for their player and been dangerous....he got away with that one.

That said it was a test of character for him tonight and I think he was probably a tad nervous after the Villa game.

It will have done him the world of good to get a clean sheet at the Lane after last week. Time to forget Villa, it's gone and the lad is a very young and capable keeper. Hope he's our number 1 for a long time.

To be fair Weasel, that shot had some pace on it, other than that totally agree.

Id still let Hendo ,,, come and be our number one on going up

hes going to be a great keeper

even the best DeGea drops the occasional clanger
goalies make a mistake costs a goal and a string of abuse
a forward gets it wrong , no comeback

as it was in the beginning and ever shall be Amen

Back
Top Bottom