I'd still let Hendo...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SwissBlade

Reaction score
Yes he fucked up, seemed a little bit off his game and if we're pointing fingers then you immediately look towards him and Jack (Jack had an otherwise fantastic game). However, its a team game, we had plenty of other individual errors in that last 10 mins (+5 time added on), but none that cost us goals. We bottled it there, but we have to move on.

Hendo is a quirky character, bit of an eccentric, loves the game and will genuinely upset by letting the side down.

So, to show some love for Hendo, finish the sentence off

"I'd still let Hendo..."

Not making excuses,but it was blowing a gale out there last night and might have affected his judgement w.r.t flight of the ball.

Looks like the Middle East is awake!

Couldn’t fucking sleep after that last night, eventually stopped reliving the last 10 minutes in my head at about 3am then the kids were jumping on the bed at 6am. I’m not watching the Boro game midweek, I’ll be fucked.

I had a brunch at Hakkasan yesterday so surprised I stayed awake!

Couldn’t fucking sleep after that last night, eventually stopped reliving the last 10 minutes in my head at about 3am then the kids were jumping on the bed at 6am. I’m not watching the Boro game midweek, I’ll be fucked.

Ha ha I was the same, game finished just before 1am, didn't sleep till 3am, up for work at 615

Give him absolution if he turns up tomorrow morning for the service!

Hendo is a quirky character, bit of an eccentric, loves the game and will genuinely upset by letting the side down...."
I hope that is the case but arrogant people have a knack of convincing themselves that it wasn’t really their fault after all, so I suspect that he’ll be back to telling himself that he’s the best goalkeeper in the world this morning.

He’s been great for us overall but if you live by the sword, you die by the sword - I just hope that we don’t give any early corners away on Wednesday, as they’ll know just what to do after watching last nights match.

I hope that is the case but arrogant people have a knack of convincing themselves that it wasn’t really their fault after all, so I suspect that he’ll be back to telling himself that he’s the best goalkeeper in the world this morning.

He’s been great for us overall but if you live by the sword, you die by the sword - I just hope that we don’t give any early corners away on Wednesday, as they’ll know just what to do after watching last nights match.

He came to the away fans with his arms up apologising after the final whistle apparently.

He’s a very young goalkeeper. He’s going to make some mistakes, he’s learning. Sadly that is the third game I can think of where he’s cost us points late on (Stoke and Leeds being the other two) and he really does need to work on his concentration levels and decision making.

He’s a bit of a dafty, but for now he’s our dafty. We need to get behind him now, get his ego back up on Tuesday night and let him know he’s valued. He’ll be hurting today.

Quite ironic that his tag line is “soon on top”, we get the chance to be on top and his fuck ups mean we aren’t. Making these proclamations has a tendency to backfire.

Same here pal. I thought I was done with them keeping me awake all night but I guess not. The extremes of being so proud that you’re fit to burst to being so dejected you wish you had done did it for me. I just couldn’t stop replaying those last few minutes.

He’s a very young goalkeeper. He’s going to make some mistakes, he’s learning. Sadly that is the third game I can think of where he’s cost us points late on (Stoke and Leeds being the other two) and he really does need to work on his concentration levels and decision making.

He’s a bit of a dafty, but for now he’s our dafty. We need to get behind him now, get his ego back up on Tuesday night and let him know he’s valued. He’ll be hurting today.
Spot on mate and to be fair, I think every England and young England keeper prospect has made smilar mistakes this season so he’s not on his own. When people are having a pop and calling for Moore to return, they should remember that Hendo’s been an integral part of one of the best defences in the Championship this season and he’s one of the reasons that we’re fighting for top two.

Reactions: SWB
When people are having a pop and calling for Moore to return, they should remember that Hendo’s been an integral part of one of the best defences in the Championship this season and he’s one of the reasons that we’re fighting for top two.

Nonsense, he's been poor all season as a number are reminding us this morning... ;)

Screenshot_20190209-102430__01.jpg

Screenshot_20190209-102435__01.jpg

Yes he fucked up, seemed a little bit off his game and if we're pointing fingers then you immediately look towards him and Jack (Jack had an otherwise fantastic game). However, its a team game, we had plenty of other individual errors in that last 10 mins (+5 time added on), but none that cost us goals. We bottled it there, but we have to move on.

Hendo is a quirky character, bit of an eccentric, loves the game and will genuinely upset by letting the side down.

So, to show some love for Hendo, finish the sentence off

"I'd still let Hendo..."

I'd still let Hendo use my gardening gloves

Spot on mate and to be fair, I think every England and young England keeper prospect has made smilar mistakes this season so he’s not on his own. When people are having a pop and calling for Moore to return, they should remember that Hendo’s been an integral part of one of the best defences in the Championship this season and he’s one of the reasons that we’re fighting for top two.

He seems a top lad. Wilder loves him. He has some excellent attributes for a goalkeeper which could see him make it at the top level.

One of those attributes is not command of his box though. I’ve always felt he is a little uneasy coming for crosses. In complete contrast to Blackman who is the best goalkeeper I have seen in a Blades jersey from that regard.

We were outstanding for large parts of last night and it proved to me that we’re actually in this. Regardless of the last 10 mins, teams will have seen that dominant performance and realised we mean business. We can take control of this run-in and beat our rivals, home or away. I actually feel more confident from last night than I did before. It’s a harsh lesson, but it is a lesson. We won’t let it impact us and we won’t be so complacent again.

Wilder will have found out a lot from last night. He’ll know he made mistakes with his subs.

Presuming you don't know him and neither do i, but from what i see of him, he's cocky, confident, knows he's an excellent keeper and also proves that time and again. He's young though, so will make the odd mistake.

I would say that being arrogant isn't in his make up as such. Confident and cocky and he will be under no doubt from the changing room and on the bus home that he let the team down. He'd just need to listen to Wilder to find out who he thought was at fault.

The thing is though that its not about pointing fingers and lingering on this, its about making sure we move on and not let these levels of concentrating slip again.

He seems a top lad. Wilder loves him. He has some excellent attributes for a goalkeeper which could see him make it at the top level.

One of those attributes is not command of his box though. I’ve always felt he is a little uneasy coming for crosses. In complete contrast to Blackman who is the best goalkeeper I have seen in a Blades jersey from that regard.

We were outstanding for large parts of last night and it proved to me that we’re actually in this. Regardless of the last 10 mins, teams will have seen that dominant performance and realised we mean business. We can take control of this run-in and beat our rivals, home or away. I actually feel more confident from last night than I did before. It’s a harsh lesson, but it is a lesson. We won’t let it impact us and we won’t be so complacent again.

Wilder will have found out a lot from last night. He’ll know he made mistakes with his subs.
Agree with most, but the subs weren't the problem. There wasn't a problem when he started making the changes. The subs didn't fuck up with keeping errors for 2 goals and the subs weren't the most reliable of centre halves (from the last 3 seasons) that made a huge fuck up.

If we don't sit back and try to play the game out with our "job done" attitude we don't come under any pressure in the first place.

If we don't sit back and try to play the game out with our "job done" attitude we don't come under any pressure in the first place.

You're kidding yourself if you don't believe that a side 0-3 up and cruising won't sit back a bit.

They weren't a threat at 0-3
They were barely a threat at 1-3
They became a massive threat at 2-3

By that time the arses were twitching and heads had gone.

You're kidding yourself if you don't believe that a side 0-3 up and cruising won't sit back a bit.

They weren't a threat at 0-3
They were barely a threat at 1-3
They became a massive threat at 2-3

By that time the arses were twitching and heads had gone.

Normally I'd agree, but this is Sheffield United
Were either on top and controlling a game or were conceding, there are some pretty shyte teams in this League, but we even managed to gift Ipswich a goal a couple of weeks ago
Any team that has a spell of pressure against us, scores, even Barnet.
So we are the one club who cannot sit back and play the game out

Back
Top Bottom