I no longer have an ounce of sympathy for referees

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BettingBlade

Reaction score
Before it’s mentioned, the ref hasn’t directly cost us the game today and that’s not the point of the post.

For the first time, we’ve seen how referees manage games without any pressure from the crowd. The truth is, the majority of them lack any kind of bollocks whatsoever.

Arsenal were a disgrace today and Paul Tierney fell for it every single time. Soft fouls and time wasting were theme and not once did that twat in the middle do a single thing about any of it.

Refereeing can be a difficult job, especially when they have a crowd questioning every decision, however what the referee was doing today was getting very simple decisions very wrong. People say they don’t affect the games, but they do. You can’t tell me teams like Arsenal don’t know what they are doing, diving for everything and attempting to break up play. When you get a bottleless twat like Paul Tierney who falls for it every single time, it completely nullifies any threat we have.

These behind closed doors games just show how bad some of the officiating in football really is. It just goes to the show that it actually takes the crowd to help the referee do their fucking job.

While ever bellends like Dermot Gallagher keep backing up their incompetent officials, nothing will ever change and the top 6 will continue to be massaged into cup semi finals and European places.

all the refs in this country are so poor, even with VAR, there still rubbish

Weve seen again today the bias. No way in hell do we get awarded that penalty decision. I honestly feel that psychologically they look for reasons to give the big club penalties and fouls, and reasons to not give them to teams like us. And no it's not us moaning - just look at the stats for the whole season. The bias is obvious.

They are either bent or biased. The fact that Man U never concede pens, the leaning towards the big clubs is clear for all to see.

The fact that idiots like Gallagher get air time to defend the indefensible is laughable.

The goal at Villa was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. 4 in the ground and the idiots at Stockley Park and the cookers still can't get it right.

We have to learn to dive convincingly
And do rolly polly’s

Couldn’t agree more.

Bashams “challenge” on Lacazette = penalty

5 minutes later, exactly the same happens to Lundstram = play on.

Depending on who you play for, depends how many decisions you get. It’s that simple.

Diving at the slightest of contact is my single biggest annoyance of premier league football & Arsenal are exceptional at it. Trouble is, this is allowed by referees who consistently give decisions in favour of the play acting & exaggeration. Prime example - Jack Grealish.

Before it’s mentioned, the ref hasn’t directly cost us the game today and that’s not the point of the post.

For the first time, we’ve seen how referees manage games without any pressure from the crowd. The truth is, the majority of them lack any kind of bollocks whatsoever.

Arsenal were a disgrace today and Paul Tierney fell for it every single time. Soft fouls and time wasting were theme and not once did that twat in the middle do a single thing about any of it.

Refereeing can be a difficult job, especially when they have a crowd questioning every decision, however what the referee was doing today was getting very simple decisions very wrong. People say they don’t affect the games, but they do. You can’t tell me teams like Arsenal don’t know what they are doing, diving for everything and attempting to break up play. When you get a bottleless twat like Paul Tierney who falls for it every single time, it completely nullifies any threat we have.

These behind closed doors games just show how bad some of the officiating in football really is. It just goes to the show that it actually takes the crowd to help the referee do their fucking job.

While ever bellends like Dermot Gallagher keep backing up their incompetent officials, nothing will ever change and the top 6 will continue to be massaged into cup semi finals and European places.

Rio at half time - "Basham putting his foot there gives Lacazette the chance to exaggerate his fall"... What, so dive?

The Lundstram one was telling. Trod on his foot and knee in the shoulder. At that point where the commentary team could see the penalty and not that, I switched to Bet365 on my phone and just watched BT for highlights. Performances better the last 2 games.

The best bit was when the Arsenal player sauntered off when subbed - having had a chat with most of his teammates on the way. Tierney quite happy to stand and watch - probably had a quick word himself to applaud him for his efforts.

It's an actual fucking joke, the bias in every game is so fucking blatant from commentary right through to the refs at VAR.

They harp on about the top teams, the refs give them 90% of decisions and completely fucking ignore the blatant cheating. Its fucking hilarious how these cunts will go on about wanting a fair game when they don't get the decisions, but continue to allow their own teams to cheat their way through a fucking game as it benefits themselves.

It really is no wonder that we have a society full of people who lie, cheat and basically just do what ever the fuck they want without a care for how it impacts others when everyone is so fucking selfish and gamesmanship and integrity are near non existing.

When did "winning" a free kick become a thing? Lost count of the number of times arsenal players anticipated contact and leapt up in the air as if they had trodden on a landmine. On the penalty lacazette feels a tap on his non standing foot. This triggers a bizarre reflex reaction that causes his standing leg to contract and hurl him face first into the pitch. Obviously the arse are not the only team to do this - villa and Bournemouth both spring to mind. Do we need our players to hurl themselves to the floor too? Mcburnie was clearly being fouled as some of those crosses came in.

Yet, Steve "Cunt face" McManaman thought every decision Arsenal got was a correct one.

Was about to post the same myself. I can't see them winning the cup and I would be surprised if they managed to finish above us. I feel on today's performance we are a better team. Shows how far we have come imo.

Arsenal have had years and years to perfect the art of conning the referee in the PL. They are on a completely different planet to us in that score. We are too honest.

I don’t think he’s “biased”, I just think he’s incompetent.
Arsenal got more decisions than us but they just played for them better than we did.
It’s the bloody inconsistencies that grates my gears. All the soft challenges he gave free kicks for and then he lets harder fouls go unpunished (E.g. Lunny’s shoulder, Fleck in build up to goal and McB’s blatant push on their player)
Liked to bail defenders out of sticky spots by giving soft fouls as well.
Completely ruins any flow in the game, so stop start.

Yet, Steve "Cunt face" McManaman thought every decision Arsenal got was a correct one.
He really is a piss poor commentator. He was sagging the arsenal defence off, then as soon as they scored the winner praised them for doing a great job keeping us out.

Back
Top Bottom