Hull fans protesting

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ldn_Rd_Blades

Throbbing Member
Reaction score
at our game, as long as they don't try to stop the game like Coventry.

Trip to a shitty plastic ground, not owned by the club we are playing - Check

Daft none traditional matchday evening putting out travelling supporters - Check

All we need now is a crap match, interrupted by bell ends on day release.

Let's hope nobody takes it upon themselves to chant his name as banter #sheffieldunitedfansareadisgrace

If they encroach the pitch whilst we’re seeking an important 3 points, they’ll get all the trouble they deserve.

Good luck to them I say. Think of how bad things felt during the Adkins era etc and at least the club wasn’t in real danger of folding and no owners were trying to take it away. Same with Coventry - chanting support of Sisu bang out of order, and I remember saying so at the time. Mocking a dying club stuck in the craw a little - there but for the grace of God and all that

Good luck to them I say. Think of how bad things felt during the Adkins era etc and at least the club wasn’t in real danger of folding and no owners were trying to take it away. Same with Coventry - chanting support of Sisu bang out of order, and I remember saying so at the time. Mocking a dying club stuck in the craw a little - there but for the grace of God and all that

Yeah, fair point, they've got the Allams and Adkins.......:confused:

Mocking a dying club stuck in the craw a little - there but for the grace of God and all that

Absolutely, but it wasn't in the context they made out and they were completely oblivious to the support many Blades offered to their plight.

Anyone that says they didn't target Blades players and the times we were in possession simply wasn't watching the game.

Contrast Charlton, where many Blades joined in lobbing balls on the pitch (I didn't of course, it would be against ground regulations :rolleyes:) and weren't inconvenienced with the ruining of a fixture (well, not by the fans).

They also had the class to send one of the main issues to S6 :D

Absolutely, but it wasn't in the context they made out and they were completely oblivious to the support many Blades offered to their plight.

In what l other context should ‘there’s only one Sisu’ chants be framed?

In what l other context should ‘there’s only one Sisu’ chants be framed?

In the 'we've had enough of your pissing about when we have possession and effectively killing our chances of important points (didn't turn out that way) so *some* of our fans are going to sarcastically retaliate, you know, like football fans do' kind of context.

Whilst I do want to drink their beer, I've never really wanted to shag the women of Stevenage, Yeovil, Crawley, Fleetwood etc.

Nobody in the right mind would see it as genuine support for SISU.

Not saying it was right or I supported the chanting, but I certainly understood the frustration, stood cold watching a bunch of chavs piss about and others disrupt OUR play.

Their beef wasn't with us, and even those chanting would very likely stand side by side with them in the right fashion - see Charlton.

"Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you:
do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets'

Matthew 7:12

and so it be. I reckon so......

HH

In the 'we've had enough of your pissing about when we have possession and effectively killing our chances of important points (didn't turn out that way) so *some* of our fans are going to sarcastically retaliate, you know, like football fans do' kind of context.

Not saying it was right or I supported the chanting, but I certainly understood the frustration, stood cold watching a bunch of chavs piss about and others disrupt OUR play.

Their beef wasn't with us, and even those chanting would very likely stand side by side with them in the right fashion - see Charlton.

And what gives us the right to decide when a protest is in the right or wrong fashion? Charlton delayed the game with their footballs and mini taxis (coincidentally I have one of each, a piece of football history!)

And what gives us the right to decide when a protest is in the right or wrong fashion? Charlton delayed the game with their footballs and mini taxis (coincidentally I have one of each, a piece of football history!)

Well mainly because, they targeted us in possession and our players.

What gives them the right to do that (against ground regulations) and the spirit of the game? Why do that when we weren't the ones they had a problem with (to begin with)?

I have one of each and lobbed a spare football on. What they didn't do, is try and interupt our play, nor do enough to potentially influence the outcome of the game. Whilst making a very clear point.

It was clearly in the wrong fashion.

Well mainly because, they targeted us in possession and our players.

What gives them the right to do that (against ground regulations) and the spirit of the game? Why do that when we weren't the ones they had a problem with (to begin with)?

I have one of each and lobbed a spare football on. What they didn't do, is try and interupt our play, nor do enough to potentially influence the outcome of the game. Whilst making a very clear point.

Yep, I get that. But didn’t United win the game? So don’t get the anti-Coventry line that still exists. And glad we agree the chants were in bad taste :)

Yep, I get that. But didn’t United win the game? So don’t get the anti-Coventry line that still exists. And glad we agree the chants were in bad taste :)

In spite of the problems they caused. The principle remains despite the eventual outcome.

Had they done something first minute, after the match, a plethora of other options, then the chants wouldn't have happened. The majority of Blades would have likely supported them.

They should be able to protest and sometimes that means performing acts you wouldn't normally, but to target and effect an unrelated party and expect no negative reaction is beyond deluded and simply weakens the cause.

I know you were there, as we actually shared a method of transport :) so I'm sure you see where I'm coming from on that.

I don't hold any grudge with Coventry fans, most of the ones I know actually agree with me anyway!

In spite of the problems they caused. The principle remains despite the eventual outcome. It ruined the game from an opposition

Had they done something first minute, after the match, a plethora of other options, then the chants wouldn't have happened. The majority of Blades would have likely supported them.

They should be able to protest and sometimes that means performing acts you wouldn't normally, but to target and effect an unrelated party and expect no negative reaction is beyond deluded and simply weakens the cause.

I know you were there, as we actually shared a method of transport :) so I'm sure you see where I'm coming from on that.

I don't hold any grudge with Coventry fans, most of the ones I know actually agree with me anyway!

I remember the bus well! I just don’t see it as one-eyed as many do. Protesting after the game wasn’t going to happen - the game was prime time on Sky so it was inevitable, really.

I remember the bus well! I just don’t see it as one-eyed as many do. Protesting after the game wasn’t going to happen - the game was prime time on Sky so it was inevitable, really.

So just after kickoff (as Charlton had already set a well supported example), just after half time, chants, banners, balloons etc...

Not grinning like a lunatic and waving at the camera in the centre circle, pissing about with your mates or throwing stuff at Sheffield United players and faking a refs whistle when only Sheffield United have possession :)

Obviously someone who wasn’t there in 07/08 when Coventry fans were lustily chanting “there’s only one Carlos Tevez”

What goes around come around. No Sympathy from me.

The amount of cosideration given to the opposition and their supporters.
Charlton fans explained to Blades fans what they were going to do, asked if we'd like to join in and handed out the footballs and taxis and also said it was all to happen at the very start.
After the initial protest, little if any further encroachment.
Completely different to Coventry fans boorishness.

The Hull fans weren’t moaning when they were in the premier league and he was buying players they couldn’t previously have afforded.

Sing with me

Theres only onee Assam Allam

Onee Assam Allam

;)

I have several Coventry supporting mates, as I hail from that area.

They are still angry with our supporters for a) Chanting in support of SISU and b) not backing their protest.

Re point a) they claim that the Pro SISU chants started early on before any disruption. I wasn’t there, but on TV this didn’t come across. I felt that it only started up when they really began to take the piss.

Re point b) I have endlessly argued the points that Foxy and others have eloquently made about the vast difference between the Charlton protest and theirs. One was classy and engaged opposition fans, the other was not.

The worst they can say about us is that we sang a clearly ironic chant in support of SISU. As if we actually back some corporate equity finance company.

However, we were victims of targeted whistling and tennis ball throwing (I.e more vocal / more balls when we had possession) as well as two disruptive pitch invasions. It was basically cheating partly in protest but in equal measure, in an attempt to gain an advantage. I think that the fact that it backfired so badly has fuelled their resentment.

A daft chant is far outweighed by the tangible cheating actions their supporters participated in. The two are simply not comparable and I will continue to vigorously argue this case with my mates.

Back
Top Bottom