Match Thread Hull City v The Mighty Blades

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not_a_Cheat

Reaction score
So after the twists that excellent Friday brought us, today is our biggest game of the season so far, with the trip to Hull. A very very difficult test, against a side unbeaten at home in 12 league games. 3 cup finals, this one matters.....

So...

Any team news? :)

Same again but with Egan back in the team?

Basham and Sharp still definitely out?

Not thinking about Norwich, all we need is the 2 results of us and Leeds to be at worst, the same. So be loud travelling Blades, be safe and bring us 3 points back....

2-1 victory

UTB

Concede early, bag just before half time through a Didsy chip, Hogan winner late on..

Leeds draw with a late consolation through Hernandez, everyone relax!

After fan fucking tastic Friday we can live with any result in today's games assuming that twat grealish does his stuff next next weekend. Hogan and Madine 2-0. No injuries please.

Henderson
Cranie Egan O'Connell
Baldock Norwood Fleck Stevens
Dowell
Madine McGoldrick

Subs: Moore, Stearman, Freeman, Lundstram, Duffy, Washington, Hogan

Have Dowell and McGoldrick rotating a lot. Dowell's due a start in this position and I think he's got a big part to play for the rest of the season.

We can't surely play any worse than we did there last year, probaby one of the worst performances under Tufty. Massive game, 3 points and that would put us in pole position IMO, even if the dirties win at Brentford.

They have to win today to keep their play-off hopes alive so that should suit us as we won't be up against a team just sat back as we have pretty much for the last 3 games. Ordinarily you'd say stick to a winning team but Egan will be in for Stearman and I would maybe start Hogan and save Madine for the 2nd half, there's also arguments for starting Dowell ahead of Duff, particularly as he scored a hat-trick last time he played there :)

It feels like a playoff final day. Can’t help but think a win today gives us one foot on the door. Partly because it’s our toughest remaining game but also because I think a win will result in Leeds dropping points like last week.

A win today and we should get promoted, in my opinion.

Henderson
Cranie Egan O'Connell
Dowell
Madine McGoldrick

Have Dowell and McGoldrick rotating a lot. Dowell's due a start in this position and I think he's got a big part to play for the rest of the season.

Think Duffy might be kept in tbh. I thought he might have been left out Friday, and there was some criticism that he was named in the starting lineup. While not at his best he certainly had a large part in the win, and I think on reflection Wilder was justified in the choice. He’s previously hinted that he intended Duffy playing all the remaining games, so assuming he’s not showing tiredness from Friday I think he will get the nod again.

It’ll be a difficult game as Hull are still in shit of the playoffs. Unbeaten home record is due to finish so I’m going for a 2-0 blades victory. Come on Blades

The sun is shining on a glorious bank holiday Monday and a great day for football at the business end of the season . So why the fuck have I got a bad feeling about today ?

Draw or lose .

If play Duffy instead of Dowell, especially if he's got his shooting boots on again!!
I'd also start Hogan, as the Madine Mcgoldrick pairing doesn't seem to have much going for it.
Beautiful day for it again, just hope Hendo remembers his cap!

COYRAWW!!!!

It’ll be a difficult game as Hull are still in shit of the playoffs. Unbeaten home record is due to finish so I’m going for a 2-0 blades victory. Come on Blades
More chance of winning the lottery than Hull getting into the play off's. Bristol still have to play Derby one of them will pick up points as will the other teams above Hull they won't all lose every game. Like the pigs on 60pts it is over for them Boro only need 1 win and Hull can't catch them.

We can't surely play any worse than we did there last year, probaby one of the worst performances under Tufty. Massive game, 3 points and that would put us in pole position IMO, even if the dirties win at Brentford.

They have to win today to keep their play-off hopes alive so that should suit us as we won't be up against a team just sat back as we have pretty much for the last 3 games. Ordinarily you'd say stick to a winning team but Egan will be in for Stearman and I would maybe start Hogan and save Madine for the 2nd half, there's also arguments for starting Dowell ahead of Duff, particularly as he scored a hat-trick last time he played there :)

Oh God, I'd forgotten how bad they were last season.

Everyone is keen for Hogan to start, for me he's done next to nothing since he arrived. Maybe today's the day Scott?

So after the twists that excellent Friday brought us, today is our biggest game of the season so far, with the trip to Hull. A very very difficult test, against a side unbeaten at home in 12 league games. 3 cup finals, this one matters.....

So...

Any team news? :)

Same again but with Egan back in the team?

Basham and Sharp still definitely out?

Not thinking about Norwich, all we need is the 2 results of us and Leeds to be at worst, the same. So be loud travelling Blades, be safe and bring us 3 points back....

2-1 victory

UTB
Egan back, Hogan and McGoldrick to start is what will happen :)

Henderson
Cranie Egan O'Connell
Dowell
Madine McGoldrick

Duffy will start :D

We're unbeaten in our last 7 away games, comprising some really testing fixtures comprising Norwich, Villa, WBA, Pigs, Leeds, Preston and Birmingham.

Its a run that could scarcely have been more difficult, yet today still seems like a complete turd of a fixture to have lying in wait this close to the end.

Their regular centre half is out with an injury, think we’ll start with Madine and McGoldrick again.

United stopped at Forest Pines, near Scunthorpe, last night. Right now, Wilder will be giving them the ‘Any given Sunday’ speech over a late breakfast. ;)

UTB

Yep, Reece Burke is out, and so is Markus Henriksen, the midfielder and captain.

That's two important, tall spine players missing, and a young lad (McKenzie) will be replacing Burke at CB.

I fancy Madine to do well today.

6th away day for me today - really looking forward to it.

Reminds me of the "Bob Atkins" day at Rotherham for the ones that remember - April, sunny day, an away game that is all about promotion. We need a hero - who's going to step up?

For me, Hull aren't that good - mainly average and only flirted with the playoff places briefly.

Their recent good home for has been against average to poor teams - yes they've beaten the teams in front of them, so well done to them and it's tough considering OUR circumstances, but considering the importance to us we just need to be "on it" as CW likes to say.

Just bring Egan back in and the others the same as Forest. I like the idea of Duffy and McG both in the hole. 3421 as a formation and get up and support Madine. Take over midfield and keep Bowen quiet.

The Wigan game v Leeds was a once in a season miracle type of game - don't waste the opportunity that has been presented into your lap.

We can't influence the Leeds team, but we can put an awful lot of mental pressure on them.

It doesn't need the football gods to get involved - this could all be over come Saturday evening - just go and get 3 points today.

UTB

Henderson
Cranie Egan O'Connell
Dowell
Madine McGoldrick

Hogan is starting instead of Madine

Yep, Reece Burke is out, and so is Markus Henriksen, the midfielder and captain.

That's two important, tall spine players missing, and a young lad (McKenzie) will be replacing Burke at CB.

I fancy Madine to do well today.

Shame he isn’t starting really.

Watching Madine v Forest showed his shortcomings, he doesn't seem to be able to get on the end of things like Sharp or McGoldrick. Hogan I'm still hoping will come good since we don't seem to play to his strength of him rolling off the last man (which is odd since both Fleck and Duffy do the threaded pass well).

if anyone could be an absolute diamond and message me a stream, I'd be eternally grateful. UTB

I think we'll have one more 'bad day at the office' before this is through. Could be today, could be next week.

I would imagine Leeds will have the same.

Watching Madine v Forest showed his shortcomings, he doesn't seem to be able to get on the end of things like Sharp or McGoldrick. Hogan I'm still hoping will come good since we don't seem to play to his strength of him rolling off the last man (which is odd since both Fleck and Duffy do the threaded pass well).
I'm always worried about Madine doing something stupid and getting sent off. His deserved sending off for two bad and totally unnecessary fouls against Brentford must have put a question mark in CW's mind.

Back
Top Bottom