Huddersfield

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We can all moan our tits off about the shit we're watching this year - but let's not forget everything about this season is unique, i dont see much value in comparing to other team's capitulations when things were more normal.

No doubt the OP won't go down well but it's far from unreasonable imho.

I've been saying for years we should at least be aiming to emulate West Brom, Norwich, Burnley etc as a yo yo club with similar statures and finances.

My biggest concern at present is that if we go down with less than a whimper and a pathetic return, coming back will be impossible.

History shows that teams relegated so easily rarely bounce back quickly as confidence is shot to pieces throughout the club and there are more questions than answers.

Ideally I'd love to see Wilder lead us back but if the season carries on until the end similar to how it has so far, there will be zero chance of seeing the Wilder and players of last season and the season before, any time next season.

No doubt the OP won't go down well but it's far from unreasonable imho.

I've been saying for years we should at least be aiming to emulate West Brom, Norwich, Burnley etc as a yo yo club with similar statures and finances.

My biggest concern at present is that if we go down with less than a whimper and a pathetic return, coming back will be impossible.

History shows that teams relegated so easily rarely bounce back quickly as confidence is shot to pieces throughout the club and there are more questions than answers.

Ideally I'd love to see Wilder lead us back but if the season carries on until the end similar to how it has so far, there will be zero chance of seeing the Wilder and players of last season and the season before, any time next season.
History has shown it's not too rare for teams to bounce straight back up.

In 17 seasons out of 28 at least one team has been promoted to the premier league after being relegated the year before.

I think we might do well.
If you look at the side we would have.
I can't see anyone trying to sign our players from the Premiership.

The Goalkeeper and defence should be the same with the only possible exception of O'Connell but I can't see anybody rushing to pay the amount of money we would ask for after the injury he's had. That is the defence that got us promoted with the exception of the Goalkeeper. We would also have the two Derby lads who have shown they can do it in the Championship plus RND which in theory should make our defence stronger than last time, certainly regards to cover anyway.

Upfront we will have McBurnie & Brewster plus Sharp & McGoldrick all 4 have been successful in the Championship before, plus we have Mousset(although I wouldn't be totally shocked if Mousset was sold if we can find a buyer) again i cannot see anybody from the Premiership being interested in them.

Now this is the problem area the midfield which has been really poor this season. Berge and Fleck might attract some interest, Lundstram will have gone and I'm really not sure on Norwood, you would like to think he would be excellent like last time but he's been really poor this season.
This is the area we would need to strengthen even if we still had Fleck and Berge.
Which shouldn't be too much of a Problem we would have a bit of money and be a big attraction.

I think we would lose from this seasons squad.
Jags
Rodwell
Lundstram
Ampadu
Plus 1 of the Goalkeepers.
And Possibly Berge, Fleck and Mousset.
My gut feeling is Fleck will still be here and hopefully he can get back to last seasons and the seasons before that standard.
If not we can always pick up the best midfielder in the league who I believe is out of contract at the end of this season.
Only joking we Don't want anymore midfielders who just pass the ball back.
Who the hell would buy Fleck ? Been dire since lockdown 1

In 17 seasons out of 28 at least one team has been promoted to the premier league after being relegated the year before.
I meant after going down after a disastrous season with a pitiful points total rather than being narrowly relegated.

I can see our club going the way of Huddersfield. The are a lot of similarities with their relegation two seasons back albeit our start is worse. They started the season with David Wagner in charge who was a popular manager with the fans after unexpected promotions and stopping up in the first season in the Premier league. They started the season playing very defensive football like us and the results were not going for them losing by the odd goal with the occasional thrashing thrown in and very rarely scoring.

Wagner had taken the club as far as he could go but was loved by the fans, the club wouldn't sack him but he instead resigned in January to save his pride. The club rushed in a replacement who wasn't up to the task and they were relegated in March equaling Derby's record for the quickest relegation.

They were in a relegation battle in the championship the following season and now look nowhere near a team that will get out of the championship any time soon, realistically this is where we will be too.
I fear this probable scenario.

I'm inclined to agree , for some bizarre reason people seem to think all we need to do is turn up in the championship and it's our title , the team we have now is not as good as Watford , norwich

In reality we could quite easily end up with the below 1st next season in The Championship:

Rambo

Bash
Egan
JOC

Baldock/Bogle
Norwood/New Signing
Fleck
Stevens/RND

Freeman

McBurnie
Brewster

As long as CW can get them back in a positive frame of mind (no easy task) then that's more than good enough to go straight back up IMO.

Got a fair bit of stick for this opening post back in December, for any of those taking the piss back then do you still think we're going to piss the championship next season??

I can see our club going the way of Huddersfield. The are a lot of similarities with their relegation two seasons back albeit our start is worse. They started the season with David Wagner in charge who was a popular manager with the fans after unexpected promotions and stopping up in the first season in the Premier league. They started the season playing very defensive football like us and the results were not going for them losing by the odd goal with the occasional thrashing thrown in and very rarely scoring.

Wagner had taken the club as far as he could go but was loved by the fans, the club wouldn't sack him but he instead resigned in January to save his pride. The club rushed in a replacement who wasn't up to the task and they were relegated in March equaling Derby's record for the quickest relegation.

They were in a relegation battle in the championship the following season and now look nowhere near a team that will get out of the championship any time soon, realistically this is where we will be too.
100%

and teams who get battered out of the Prem do not turn it around and come back up the next season.
Norwich are making a good go of it. They lost their last 10 matches in the premier league.

I must say, I'm really enjoying these posts where we absolutely wallow in a pool of pity and pessimism. Starting to feel better? WE'RE GOING TO SELL ALL OUR PLAYERS TOO! Is that a slight smile I see on your face? FUCKING HUDDERSFIELD, HAVE SOME OF THAT YOU CLAPPER WANKER!

I must say, I'm really enjoying these posts where we absolutely wallow in a pool of pity and pessimism. Starting to feel better? WE'RE GOING TO SELL ALL OUR PLAYERS TOO! Is that a slight smile I see on your face? FUCKING HUDDERSFIELD, HAVE SOME OF THAT YOU CLAPPER WANKER!
gcjmXVppGVhKw.gif

so at least 17 teams out of a possible 84? Doesn't look so good now.

Back
Top Bottom