How many na’s At end of greasy chip butty?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

An interesting question! It depends which part of the song the na, na, na, nas are reprising. I always felt that it was a reprise of the first five bars, the first four containing the na, nas and the fifth being the ooooh lasting three beats. Thus there are ten beats in the first four bars adding up to (bar 1 = 1 na) (bar 2 = 3 nas) (bar 3 = 1 long na lasting three beats) (bar 4 again = 1 long na lasting three beats) Thus there should be 6 nas (four short ones and two long ones. Then again I could never read sheet music after a barrel of magnet!

annie's song.png

finishes too early, should continue to ooh to, ooh to be, ooh to be a, Blades fan.

From the first time to now it’s always been seven na’s. People doing four or fewer should receive a stadium ban.

I always thought it was five...na, na, na, na, nah...ooh!
But, over time we seem to be losing na’s...are people peaking too early? I’ve heard some fellas suffer from this?!
There’s definitely been a move towards four na’s for some time now...and I’m pretty sure the younger generation are climaxing at three?? What’s the definitive number of pre-ooh na’s at the end of our anthem?
Sorry if this thread is a bit “pre-season” but I feel out of touch and I’m doubting myself
Spontaneity is what's wanted, you'll want song sheets next, put in as many as you like, fill your boots, United are on the up embrace, enjoy and believe and it could happen.

True! It would be 5 if it was a reprise of the line 'come let me love you' with three short nas followed by three long nas! It's always been Magnet - odd because it was fairly crap beer from Tadcaster. much preferred Stones, Whitbread, Wards and real Tetley's back in the day.

All depends if you go for a N-na or a Naa at the start.

It's 6, there's a definite argument for 7, 5 is wrong but you can almost understand why people do it, 4 or less deserves a stadium ban.

It's 7 . Na Na, naa naa naa naaaa naa..... Ooooooh.

The Ooooooh comes after the 7th naa, not before😎

Magnet.

Done!

The music suggests 6 or 5 depending on which line is being repeated. Can't see where the 7th na comes from. For me its 6 - Na na na na naaa naaa ooh! Think some people on here require a metronome! 🎼

We have lots of songs, some better than others.

The GCB is our hallmark, it’s known and admired across the country, why some feel the need to rush it is beyond me. We should embrace every syllable of this fantastic anthem!

In the 80's and 90's, it was done properly; 2 lines should be sung as "na, na's" with a double "Ooo" at the end of the second line.

For whatever reason, the fans seemingly can't wait to be bring our anthem to a premature and unsatisfactory end, over recent seasons.

Always used to be:

"Na, na, na, na, naaaaaa, na, Ooo,
Na, na, na, na, na- na, Ooo, Ooo."

THIS

I always sing "Na-nah, naah, naah, naah, naaaah, oooo" which would be 6. Could be wrong though. Arguments for 7 make some sense with the tune of the original but I'm sticking to this with the double nah start. Definitely hear some 4 or less around me which is 100% unacceptable.

Just to confirm, it’s somewhere between 2 & 3 based on the primary evidence I collected today.

Back
Top Bottom