How many na’s At end of greasy chip butty?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Swannyblade

Reaction score
I always thought it was five...na, na, na, na, nah...ooh!
But, over time we seem to be losing na’s...are people peaking too early? I’ve heard some fellas suffer from this?!
There’s definitely been a move towards four na’s for some time now...and I’m pretty sure the younger generation are climaxing at three?? What’s the definitive number of pre-ooh na’s at the end of our anthem?
Sorry if this thread is a bit “pre-season” but I feel out of touch and I’m doubting myself

I think I do four 'na's
sort of repeating the last line of GCB

come-fill-me-a-gain
na - na - na - na - OOH

But, over time we seem to be losing na’s...are people peaking too early? I’ve heard some fellas suffer from this?!
There’s definitely been a move towards four na’s for some time now...and I’m pretty sure the younger generation are climaxing at three?? What’s the definitive number of pre-ooh na’s at the end of our anthem?
Sorry if this thread is a bit “pre-season” but I feel out of touch and I’m doubting myself
ask John Denver

It’s officially 7 (cause I say so)

The sixth is elongated and then the seventh in time to the original melody of the song..

See also: Oh when the Blaaaaades...

The slow version is amazing when sung at length. Kids today are peaking too soon.

Yep. That's just another thing in a long list of things that do my head in. The young uns rush it from the start. No idea why. Us hardcore maintain it at the slower tempo so when they're done rushing they can hear what it's really like when done properly.

I wonder if their sex lives are as rushed and ruined?

In the 80's and 90's, it was done properly; 2 lines should be sung as "na, na's" with a double "Ooo" at the end of the second line.

For whatever reason, the fans seemingly can't wait to be bring our anthem to a premature and unsatisfactory end, over recent seasons.

Always used to be:

"Na, na, na, na, naaaaaa, na, Ooo,
Na, na, na, na, na- na, Ooo, Ooo."

Definitely “fill” it’s a call back to the first line - common in songwriting.

And Magnet!...not maggots obvs

I think you're onto something there mate, I really do. I think I used to sing "fill" at the end as well, but over the years, and after numerous visits to the "A Salt n Battered" chip shop before the game, I started to change it, because they've got (or did have) a picture of a greasy chip butty on the wall with the words, "come thrill me again". So, it subconsciously crept into my memory stores and exited via my gob, between clumps of chicken balti pie, during the game.

Truth be told, I don't sing a lot at the game nowadays. I moved to the south stand and most of the time you'd feel a bit odd singing in there, unless you like doing solo. Last time I belted out a chorus of something, everyone around me stopped doing whatever it was they were doing, and just turned round and watched. And the time before, I'd just taken a mouthful of hot pukka pie and when I got to the "p" for "pinch of snuff" a piece of volcanic hot gristle flew out of my gob and stuck to the bald head of the bloke in front of me, just as he was placing his flat cap back on. First he knew about it was a few seconds later when he snatched his cap off and started beating himself over the head with it, thinking he'd got a wasp inside his cap or summat! No, I shouldn't have laughed. :D

I know its completely off topic,but can anyone remember back in 92/93 season I think it was,i was at goodison park ,midweek game think we won 1-2.,and we was singing" oh when the blades go marching in"but it was a different way almost gospel.Wasnt the slow version like spurs do and us occasionally. It was great always remember Andy gray sat in his commentary box watching us has we sung it.

Its was 14 in the late 80,s!

Back
Top Bottom