How green are Premier League clubs?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Pretty good going that, had no idea we did so much.

Next step would be solar panels on the ground you'd imagine, South and BL get a lot of sun.

Watford need to have a sort out, what have they got? Coal fired hand driers in the bogs? haha

We have low carbon food options?

They obviously didn’t base that on the South Stand. I’ve had pies on there that have felt like 100% carbon, with a nuclear half life of several centuries. One that I had during the Adkins era is still only semi-digested, and barely ”recycled”, even now.

We have low carbon food options?

They obviously didn’t base that on the South Stand. I’ve had pies on there that have felt like 100% carbon, with a nuclear half life of several centuries. One that I had during the Adkins era is still only semi-digested, and barely ”recycled”, even now.
Beef production is a major contributor to greenhouse gases.
We've taken the step of substituting 'alternative' meats into the pies.
This has also driven down costs due to the availability of squirrel and badger meats after the recent culls. :)

• Banned
There was something on Countryfile last Sunday about farmers feeding charcoal to cows to stop them farting!
Or at least I think that was the jist of it as I wasn't really giving it my full attention.🤔

"100% diversion of waste from landfill"

So it gets sent to the incinerator to be burnt then? Not entirely sure we can call that an entirely green option until they refine the carbon capture process.

"Water bore hole at Bramall Lane and training ground assists in the irrigation of the pitch"

Yes, but only as a cost-saving measure so we don't have to pay the water rates :D

"Water less system at office level for male toilets"

Yeah, that was in effect for all the ladies loos for a while. Mainly because the water pressure was thus that we couldn't bloody flush them. Glad to see its been rectified this season.

Does anyone have any ideas of measures they could implement?

I'd like to see a bit more greenery around the Lane. A few planters wouldn't go amiss.

How about bee hives on the roof? We could find a mental Frenchman to look after them for us.

We've taken the step of substituting 'alternative' meats into the pies.
This has also driven down costs due to the availability of squirrel and badger meats after the recent culls. :)

The Happy Crabs "beef" has a very very low carbon footprint, certified independently by the brief for the hygiene people to a Judge.

So it gets sent to the incinerator to be burnt then? Not entirely sure we can call that an entirely green option until they refine the carbon capture process.

At the moment it would be the lesser of two evils. Waste that is sent to landfill bio-degrades and releases its CO2 steadily as it does so. Burning it, releases it there and then. So they are similar in that respect. If the heat from burning it used, like at Bernard Rd, then you save some gas / coal being burnt instead.
If the CO2 was captured too, like you suggest, it would be a great improvement, with a double saving.

"Water bore hole at Bramall Lane and training ground assists in the irrigation of the pitch"

Yes, but only as a cost-saving measure so we don't have to pay the water rates :D

Yeah, that was in effect for all the ladies loos for a while. Mainly because the water pressure was thus that we couldn't bloody flush them. Glad to see its been rectified this season.

I'd like to see a bit more greenery around the Lane. A few planters wouldn't go amiss.

How about bee hives on the roof? We could find a mental Frenchman to look after them for us.

I read 100% diversion as "taken to be sorted and processed rather than buried in a landfill" personally, if it just gets incinerated then we've conned a point.

With you on the planters. The carpark is pretty depressing, break it up a bit sacrifice a few parking spaces and plant some trees or something.

I read 100% diversion as "taken to be sorted and processed rather than buried in a landfill" personally, if it just gets incinerated then we've conned a point.

With you on the planters. The carpark is pretty depressing, break it up a bit sacrifice a few parking spaces and plant some trees or something.
Plus the planters give a bit of ammo if it kicks off on Shoreham St.
Win-Win ;)

Sounds like an idea for Brentford FC.

In the spectrum of pointlessness this is way over to the pointless side of pointlessness.

I have some suggestions for the Premier League if they want to reduce the impact of their clubs and football supporters on the environment

Stop encouraging clubs to have large grounds. This is just encouraging too many people to make unneccessary journeys when they could watch at home on TV. Bournemouth's capacity is ideal but see if they can reduce it further

Organise fixtures so that when the Blades play in London we get all those away games out of the way in one go. We should have to play at Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, West Ham, Palace and Watford in the space of one single week to reduce travelling.

Better yet, force clubs outside London to re-locate to the the capital

All matches during daylight hours. Those floodlights and all the lighting needed in concourses and outside are hugely wasteful.

Season ticket holders only admitted. That will take care of single-use plastics.

Am I missing something with that ranking system or was it done by a 4 year old?
It was designed by the VAR team ;)
There's no weighting given to the importance of each of criteria.
So you'd only lose 1 point for 'communication' (like we did) or also lose just 1 point if you heat the stadium with ancient tropical mahogany logs or serve minced Oragutan and Panda pies.

From the article:
"And I hate to say this but on a long-haul flight, first class has a far higher footprint than economy!"

Why is that?

I don’t think the premier league is green at all, okay we have Norwich shorts but we need Plymouth Argyle in there for a bit of added greenness
"Celtic to ask to join English league in slow news day shocker"

It was designed by the VAR team ;)
There's no weighting given to the importance of each of criteria.
So you'd only lose 1 point for 'communication' (like we did) or also lose just 1 point if you heat the stadium with ancient tropical mahogany logs or serve minced Oragutan and Panda pies.

See The Crab heating our rare species pies in our wood burning stove only costs us one point. Same as your Hummer....

Back
Top Bottom