How good are we/can we be??

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Seth Rollins

Reaction score
Stating the obvious here but 4 points from 2 games is great. But given how comfortable we were today just how good can we be?? I was confident Wilder would keep us up,even more so now. But without getting ahead of ourselves just what can we expect or hope for this season?? & dont say 17th,we’re far better than that.

I remember when we went until just before Xmas to get a win and finished 10 th
Today we grew into the game as we did last week but I think we can do better a lot of our players still need to realise how good they are
We will see better performances than that and not get anything out of the game
Personally I'm disappointed with some of the comments on here tonight

If 4th from bottom is the aim we might as well give up now. Regardless of what happens our aims have to be higher.
Warnock waffled on about 17th place constantly, and psychologically we never got away from it, until the last day of course.

Better to have no aims than minimal ones, so let's just turn up, play football, try to win and see where it takes us.

I remember when we went until just before Xmas to get a win and finished 10 th
Today we grew into the game as we did last week but I think we can do better a lot of our players still need to realise how good they are
We will see better performances than that and not get anything out of the game
Personally I'm disappointed with some of the comments on here tonight
We finished 13th that season!! 9th the season after.

Been to the game and watched on MOTD 2 and the analysis, which was very complimentary about us. I keep saying it to anyone that asks but I just think we'll be alright. MOTD highlighted our discipline and organisation defensively, showing we basically had 8 players defending any threats. Other positives are that I thought we looked good on the break today and the goal came from a well worked move in open play, rather than a set-piece, which I think everyone outside of us, expects from us. We work hard as a team, we're organised, we've got a great spirit and togetherness and we play good football. Palace had more possession than us today, but they couldn't use it effectively, whereas I thought we looked like we might every time we got it. We need to keep Maddison quiet next week and I'm sure that will be a feature of our plans for the Leicester game.

Leicester will be the first indication of how we can deal with the better sides. They’re tactically and individually a class above our first two opponents. A draw would be excellent.
Leicester were very good at Chelsea today but we can compete with them surely??

Let's not get carried away.
A few pundits and Palace fans don't seem too impressed with us.
They may have a point and it might have Palace's worst game since they have been back in the Premiership, then again maybe it was down to us not letting them play.
I've also had a look on some others Teams forums to see how they saw the game.

Owlstalk to be fair a few said we deserved to win and are well organised, but it was a poor Premiership match. Odd ones said we are basically crap and will still get relegated, which I guess is expected.

Villa forum Quite complementary on the whole which is surprising given the hate for them on here.
They seem worried that they haven't signed a Striker, but they seem to think we will be ok.

Norwich forum now this surprised me but I guess after a victory yesterday you do get a bit carried away. But the gist of it was both us and Palace are poor, it was the worst Premiership match they had ever seen. We just hoof it forward and they couldn't watch us every week much prefer their style of football. They would beat both us and Palace easily. They will be comfortably mid table while we are going down possibly with Palace and Newcastle.

So let's not get too carried away.
I do have a nagging doubt in the back of my head that we could have trouble scoring goals.
But lets see where we are after 10 games.

They may have a point and it might have Palace's worst game since they have been back in the Premiership, then again maybe it was down to us not letting them play.

Owlstalk to be fair a few said we deserved to win and are well organised, but it was a poor Premiership match. Odd ones said we are basically crap and will still get relegated, which I guess is expected.

Villa forum Quite complementary on the whole which is surprising given the hate for them on here.
They seem worried that they haven't signed a Striker, but they seem to think we will be ok.

Norwich forum now this surprised me but I guess after a victory yesterday you do get a bit carried away. But the gist of it was both us and Palace are poor, it was the worst Premiership match they had ever seen. We just hoof it forward and they couldn't watch us every week much prefer their style of football. They would beat both us and Palace easily. They will be comfortably mid table while we are going down possibly with Palace and Newcastle.

I do have a nagging doubt in the back of my head that we could have trouble scoring goals.
Agreed. But i’ll stick with my prediction of Norwich,Newcastle & Brighton to go down.

Defensively, we're not gonna concede many. Say what you will about Bournemouth and Palace, but theres no doubt theyve got excellent forward lineups. They both barely had a shot.

If we can cancel out Wilson & King, Zaha, Andros and the Serbian, then I cant see teams like Watford or Newcastle troubling us.

Defensively, we're not gonna concede many. Say what you will about Bournemouth and Palace, but theres no doubt theyve got excellent forward lineups. They both barely had a shot.

If we can cancel out Wilson & King, Zaha, Andros and the Serbian, then I cant see teams like Watford or Newcastle troubling us.
Thank you.

And from that we can work out that Norwich fans are in fact, clueless cunts.

Leicester were very good at Chelsea today but we can compete with them surely??

I’m sure we’ll compete, but I rate Leicester as one of those sides that - if they have a decent day - could simply have too much for us.

I see them challenging the top 6, so any points will be a great outcome for us.

4th from bottom is still a realistic aim still.

Do i think we'll shock a few of the big sides? Yep.

Back
Top Bottom