Home pre season friendly

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

sufcboy95

Reaction score
Any news on this? Listening to Wilders interview he seemed to hint that there may be 1 more after the barnsley game?

Any news on this? Listening to Wilders interview he seemed to hint that there may be 1 more after the barnsley game?

Pitch is fine...but still plenty of work ongoing at the Lane.

I'd be very surprised if it's Roma. They've got a friendly v. Perugia on the 31st July and another against Lille on the 3rd August. That would mean we'd be shoehorning a game in on either 6th or the 7th, when we're playing Bournemouth on the 10th.

Having done a quick search, the majority of Europe's big clubs are already booked up in the 3rd August as well.

Perfect fixture would be an away game at newly promoted back to LaLiga Real Mallorca.
Am out there last 2 weeks in September and will be enjoying their game against Athletico Madrid.

It was meant to be Lille but they ended up with Galatasaray, presumably for more money and that’s the reason

I suspect it’ll now be a behind closed doors game against such as Chelsea U23’s. Most clubs will be tied up now.

I'd be very surprised if it's Roma. They've got a friendly v. Perugia on the 31st July and another against Lille on the 3rd August. That would mean we'd be shoehorning a game in on either 6th or the 7th, when we're playing Bournemouth on the 10th.

Having done a quick search, the majority of Europe's big clubs are already booked up in the 3rd August as well.

Would prefer Sampdoria anyway,preferably away.

There's discussion of this on the pre-season thread. I'm hoping for one more high profile friendly on the weekend of Aug 3, hopefully at home. Maybe they aren't yet sure if the work at the Lane will be finished by then.

Sure Villarreal are playing Wendy on Saturday, maybe them on Tuesday after?

Playa Den’bossa away Would be good, preferable 7:45pm kick off which gives me time to land, check in and get a few overpriced €10 pints down my neck while competing with men with 6 packs and stupid summer clothing for the attention of women who are 27 leagues above me.

Seriously though even though I can’t make it the club are pretty slow on this potential friendly. Felt like we could’ve announced Portugal earlier too. Apart from that Sheffield United are doing a grand job of everything else !

Perfect fixture would be an away game at newly promoted back to LaLiga Real Mallorca.
Am out there last 2 weeks in September and will be enjoying their game against Athletico Madrid.

I'm also in Mallorca at this time and will be going to that game pal.

It was meant to be Lille but they ended up with Galatasaray, presumably for more money and that’s the reason

I suspect it’ll now be a behind closed doors game against such as Chelsea U23’s. Most clubs will be tied up now.
I'll be proved wrong by FACTS. But, I think Lille are playing AS Roma on 3 August. Thus killing any number of rumours at once. #FACTS

I'll be proved wrong by FACTS. But, I think Lille are playing AS Roma on 3 August. Thus killing any number of rumours at once. #FACTS
Correct. That friendly was cancelled.

They went from United to Galatasaray to Roma, impressive

3rd of August 2019.

An eight-team tournament will take place featuring the following European clubs who will challenge for the “Never Happened” 🏆 Trophy, as rumoured at some point, somewhere on the Internet.

🇩🇪 Borussia Dortmund
🇩🇪 RB Leipzig
🇩🇪 Union Berlin
🇫🇷 Lille
🇮🇹 Pisa
🇮🇹 Roma
🇪🇸 Sevilla
🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 Sheffield United

The sides involved will each play a 4 minute game at a venue to be decided by club officials no sooner than 5 minutes prior to kick off. All non-English sides participation in the tournament is subject to said sides not receiving a better offer of a more glamorous fixture. No ticketing information is available at this time.

I bet it'll be Sheffield FC at home, just to test the new lights and the Kelly Cates/ Gary Neville/ Jamie Carragher toilet and kitchenette in the new studio.

Can't see us being fussed about a glamour tie away from home at this stage, and I can't see us getting any big names for a home game.

Back
Top Bottom