Hi guys

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Lukecouchman

Reaction score
Hi guys, my name is Luke and I'm 18. I live in Halifax at the moment but from September I am moving to Sheffield and hopefully becoming part of the blades clan. In the season ending with a play off final defeat vs Huddersfield I attended a few games that year too. I will be attending some games and only know very few people, so came on here to keep up with news and hopefully make some new friends! UTB

Welcome to the forum.

I wouldn't link up with any of the weirdos on here, present company excepted of course. Especially the one that will offer you a pink sambuca!

Welcome!

From Hull and Halifax and Hell, Good Lord, deliver me!

Welcome fellow West Yorkshire person.

Sorry, ex-fellow West Yorkshire person.

That is, from an ex-South Yorkshire person now living in West Yorkshire.

It's much better in West Yorkshire, pal!

Not a single pig fan in my life or my face :D

Tim Hart sings the Dalesman's Litany - based on the fact that Hull and Halifax were the last places in Yorkshire to have, and use, a gibbet. Written by Dave Keddie of Bradford

He doesn't pronounce Keighley properly though (he says Keeley) but he's dead now is Tim Hart ...

Mentions Sheffield; lovely song and worth a listen even if you aren't a "folky"

Last edited:
From Hull and Halifax and Hell, Good Lord, deliver me!

Sorry, the song wasn't written because Hull and Halifax were the last Yorkshire towns to use the Gibbet. But they were.

It was written in recognition of people who moved from the land for the supposed better way of life and increased income available in the newly-sprung industrial centres, finding that "All that glisters is not gold."

We are blessed in Yorkshire to have both industry and glorious countryside.

Back
Top Bottom