Hi from Amsterdam!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Dutch Blade

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a huge football fan and I support AFC Ajax since I was a little kid. I'm also very interested in football in England. When I started a football manager career as journey manager, Sheffield United signed me as their manager. It was in 2012 so I started in the league one After a succesfull career of 8 year where I reached the PL, won the FA cup and just came short to go in to Europe, the new FM was out.

Since that moment I started to follow Sheffield United and i'm pleased that we're doing so well at the moment.

Reason why I signed up for this forum is that there is a (big) chance that I will be living in Sheffield next year. I'm a law student and next year there is a possibility to go on exchange. I would love to study in Sheffield because it seems like a very nice city with a good university. It would also give me the chance to finally visit a home game from Sheffield United.

Cheers!

Hi all,

I'm a huge football fan and I support AFC Ajax since I was a little kid. I'm also very interested in football in England. When I started a football manager career as journey manager, Sheffield United signed me as their manager. It was in 2012 so I started in the league one After a succesfull career of 8 year where I reached the PL, won the FA cup and just came short to go in to Europe, the new FM was out.

Since that moment I started to follow Sheffield United and i'm pleased that we're doing so well at the moment.

Reason why I signed up for this forum is that there is a (big) chance that I will be living in Sheffield next year. I'm a law student and next year there is a possibility to go on exchange. I would love to study in Sheffield because it seems like a very nice city with a good university. It would also give me the chance to finally visit a home game from Sheffield United.

Cheers!

Nice to hear of our continental recognition :)
Hope the exchange goes well & you're able to come across. Let us know if it does, I'm sure some of our posters will be able to recommend a few good things to get up to in Sheffield. As well as pre/post match pubs that you'll need to visit ;)

It is interesting that you support Ajax,we also play very progressive,entertaining and innovative football and although we are in the early stages of our development under Chris Wilder,we feel there are very special times ahead.If you do come to Sheffield,the timing is perfect to see our football rennaisance !!!

Hi all,

Cheers!

I'm in Amsterdam briefly next week (Tuesday evening and Wednesday). If you're free and fancy a beer and a chat about the Blades, I'd be happy to oblige :)

I'm in Amsterdam briefly next week (Tuesday evening and Wednesday). If you're free and fancy a beer and a chat about the Blades, I'd be happy to oblige :)
Sounds good, i'm probably free on Wednesday. Where do you stay in Amsterdam?

Sounds good, i'm probably free on Wednesday. Where do you stay in Amsterdam?

Hostel in Amsterdam-West called Dutchies, near Bos En Lommer. But I'll be out and about all day so doesn't have to be near there.

Also going to a gig at Paradiso in the evening so it can't be too late on!

Hostel in Amsterdam-West called Dutchies, near Bos En Lommer. But I'll be out and about all day so doesn't have to be near there.

Also going to a gig at Paradiso in the evening so it can't be too late on!
Alright I'll send you a personal message this weekend. Really busy with work atm.

I'm in Eindhoven tomorrow, anyone know if there's likely to be a bar with Sky?

I got selected :):):) See you next season I guess :)

Any recommendations for accommodation, (probably organised by the University but not 100%) travel costs inside England and just things I definitely have to do in Sheffield? (beside visiting Sheffield United as much as I can ;)

I'll study in Sheffield from end of September 2018 till early February 2019.

I got selected :):):) See you next season I guess :)

Any recommendations for accommodation, (probably organised by the University but not 100%) travel costs inside England and just things I definitely have to do in Sheffield? (beside visiting Sheffield United as much as I can ;)

I'll study in Sheffield from end of September 2018 till early February 2019.
Congratulations.

If you have not already done it, get yourself a customer number on the system at SUFC so you are a known quantity. It will make getting tickets for big games a whole lot easier.

Which uni are you going to be at? Sheffield Hallam or University of Sheffield? Makes a difference to where your accommodation would/should be.

Congratulations.

If you have not already done it, get yourself a customer number on the system at SUFC so you are a known quantity. It will make getting tickets for big games a whole lot easier.

Which uni are you going to be at? Sheffield Hallam or University of Sheffield? Makes a difference to where your accommodation would/should be.
Thanks!

I already got myself a customer number right after I got selected :) I'm going to the University of Sheffield. I saw that the university have different buildings all over the city, At the moment, I don't know which one is the for the law department.

Thanks!

I already got myself a customer number right after I got selected :) I'm going to the University of Sheffield. I saw that the university have different buildings all over the city, At the moment, I don't know which one is the for the law department.
It's next to the main campus:

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/law

I'm sure someone who is a current student can give you some tips on where to live, plenty of options on that side!

Yeah I already talked to some students who went to Sheffield and it's gonna be okay. Looking forward to it!

Before matches I meet up with a few people, two lived in the Netherlands for a fair few years (one in Amsterdam, one in The Hague) and one of them's son who is half Dutch. You'll find us in The Red Deer if you fancy meeting up

Before matches I meet up with a few people, two lived in the Netherlands for a fair few years (one in Amsterdam, one in The Hague) and one of them's son who is half Dutch. You'll find us in The Red Deer if you fancy meeting up
Yeah sounds good mate, will definitely contact you when i'm there!

Hi guys,

It's been 2 weeks since I have left Sheffield and I have not posted here for a while and "only" managed to visit Bramall Lane 2 times during my exchange time in Sheffield but I just wanted to tell you that I have fallen in love with both Sheffield United as a club but also Sheffield as a city.

Sheffield United was part of the reason that I chose Sheffield as my exchange situation, but it's hard to call/consider yourself a true fan if you have never been to a game or the city. Even though I only visited Bramall lane 2 times during my stay (I was just sooo busy with my student life and visiting other football games) I really feel like I left as a true Blade.

Thanks to everyone who messaged me with tips/help etc. and I'm so pleased that we're doing so well at the moment. I might fly back to England later this year to visit another game (Watching the play-off final live at Wembley with all of you would be a dream, but I prefer direct promotion ;)

Side note apart from the Football, Sheffield truly is the best city I have ever lived in, even better than Amsterdam tbh. So grateful that I could be a part of your city for 5 months.

UTB!

Hi guys,

Thanks to everyone who messaged me with tips/help etc. and I'm so pleased that we're doing so well at the moment. I might fly back to England later this year to visit another game (Watching the play-off final live at Wembley with all of you would be a dream, but I prefer direct promotion ;)

UTB!

Bonus point for the use of we're! Welcome to the family....

Hi guys,

It's been 2 weeks since I have left Sheffield and I have not posted here for a while and "only" managed to visit Bramall Lane 2 times during my exchange time in Sheffield but I just wanted to tell you that I have fallen in love with both Sheffield United as a club but also Sheffield as a city.

Sheffield United was part of the reason that I chose Sheffield as my exchange situation, but it's hard to call/consider yourself a true fan if you have never been to a game or the city. Even though I only visited Bramall lane 2 times during my stay (I was just sooo busy with my student life and visiting other football games) I really feel like I left as a true Blade.

Side note apart from the Football, Sheffield truly is the best city I have ever lived in, even better than Amsterdam tbh. So grateful that I could be a part of your city for 5 months.

UTB!

Great that you enjoyed your time in Sheffield, even greater that you now represent SUFC in your part of the world.

I'm sure that if you asked nicely that you'd find a favourable response from a Blade on here who might accompany you to a game. If you can find a stream it's well worth watching the derby between the Blades and that other mob (think they call themselves Wednesday? ;)), it's sure to be a hell of a match so do yourself a favour and watch one of the best rivalries around.

You'll always be welcome on here, take care.

How easy is it to get Ajax Amsterdam tickets Dutch Blades pal? Would love to get over to a game!

Got some pals who are Borussia Dortmund fans who I see twice a year to watch games. They’re hopefully coming over next season.

Are you still doing this?

Yes mate, seen your other post I'll ask them if they know of anyone out there

How easy is it to get Ajax Amsterdam tickets Dutch Blades pal? Would love to get over to a game!

Got some pals who are Borussia Dortmund fans who I see twice a year to watch games. They’re hopefully coming over next season.
It depends on the game and how far in advance you know the game you want to attend. All the games in the first season half go on sale in the summer, and all the games after the winter break go on sale in december.

Most games are "Sold-out" on paper a week before the game, but there are still so many seasonticket holders who sell their tickets for face value. CL is a different kind of story, if you're not a seasonholder ticket it's gonna be hard.

If you got plans to come over send me a message, and I will help you with the tickets if they are not on general sale or "sold-out"!

Back
Top Bottom