Here’s to you John Lundstram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well done Akinbiyi and Carlton. May I add how wrong I was in doubting the recruitment of Robbo and (especially) Luke Freeman. The latter had a game-changing cameo at Bornmuff and was startlingly good today. He combines the best of Duffy and Fleck and is much quicker than either.

Credit to you for admitting you were wrong but I seem to have missed your apology for Bladey Blade John Fleck.

O said after the Stoke game he might be a surprise package in the Prem, to much hilarity...

You weren't alone in supporting Lunny. A few of us fought a valiant rearguard action in tbe Great Scapegoat War of 2017-19.

I'm sure there will be the usual revisionism from our resident board experts.

I love how some people slagged him off yesterday, I got to see him for the 1st time even after 20mins I wondering what people were talking about, I agree he has improved over the season, but he was quality he was a calm head in chaotic game & thoroughly deserved his man of match performance. I repeat what I said wilder got us here against all odds, lets trust him if he think lundstram is best guy for the job, then he deserved it

I saw his debut at Reading and thought he was like a puppy still growing into his paws! He scored though and it got betterer and betterererer.

Aye
Indeed
Francis Joseph (netted 2?) looked far better ?!?!?

Ramones Iggy & Godfathers on @ the festival (Friday) made a corking weekend (somewhat spoiled by Bonnie fucking Tyler on the Satdi !)

Until the MOTM nomination I though he'd been average - that moment made me think back through his game today and all I remembered was twice when he seemed situationally unaware, losing the ball where he shouldn't and not chasing a ball he should have. Looking forward to watching MOTD and being proved wrong given this thread :)
Be good to get your views after a reply if the game. His positioning is also helping Baldock get forward even more. It’s a strong right side. Freeman blade a huge difference today for me as well. Roll on Leicester !

Be good to get your views after a reply if the game. His positioning is also helping Baldock get forward even more. It’s a strong right side. Freeman blade a huge difference today for me as well. Roll on Leicester !
Replay !

Franny Joseph! Remember Flashing Blade stating he was so laid back he was once pronounced dead at Brentford

My biggest concern is that if we have all decided that Lundstram isn't a scapegoat anymore, who else can take on that mantle? It is a written law of Bramall Lane that we have to have a scapegoat.

Lunmy isn't clear of the Scapegoat Woids yet, but the obvious candidate is Billy if he hasn't got a dozen goals by Christmas.

HMS Bashambauer will also come under pressure to be scrapped, if he makes a couple of howlers.

Despite the Ollie wonder pass love today, a small part of our fanbase (wanker branch), can't wait to put the boot in.

We won't be short of scapegoats, so don't lose any sleep on that score.

Lots of humble pie being eaten tonight. Call me old fashioned but I tend to respect the views of the manager and coaches more than those on a forum, so it doesnt surprise me. Perhaps in future you might leave the wrist slashing razor blades behind when you read the team sheet. Just a thought.... you know it makes sense ;)

Lots of humble pie being eaten tonight. Call me old fashioned but I tend to respect the views of the manager and coaches more than those on a forum, so it doesnt surprise me. Perhaps in future you might leave the wrist slashing razor blades behind when you read the team sheet. Just a thought.... you know it makes sense ;)

Some of the bedwetters on the shoutbox wanted CW out after the Millwall home draw. They really do know best......

I remember when he signed for us and thinking, John Who?
The first time I saw him, his passing strength really stood out for me and it was clear he was a Wilder/Knill highly motivated,hard working, footballer with ability.
I'm now enjoying the posts of the converted......
Pretty sure this reply will go straight over the heads of the "Monty Haters"

I was like Ricky I didn't have anything against lunny I just didn't like the way we played with him in the team but after the first two games he is a regular starter for me
Although my motm was Freeman who I thought was absolutely class today

I'll be honest, I thought he was finished at the lane after we got promoted, how wrong I have been so far.

Keep it coming John!!

Agree with your assessment apart from your view of Lundstram. He's been the best midfielder we've added this season by some distance - has done far more than Evans thus far. Still all toplay for though, Preston and Boro have to come to the Lane, and we have to go to Bristol City. We also have players to return from injury to bolster us.

Nice to see the Johnny come latelys coming on board. Stevens, Lunny - Baldock next? He has just pocketed arguably the best wide man in the Premier League? Is anybody else as worried about his contractual situation as me yet?
Lundstram has never lacked technical ability, that's the chief thing he's never lacked. To quote Mourinho: there are four elements a great football team (and by extension a great individual player) has to have.
Quality in possession
Quality out of possession.
Attacking transition
Defensive transition.
So which of these does Lundstram struggle most with. Clue: It's the athletic ones. We are playing a system currently that disguises these as we have extra men in the middle. This allows Lundstram's undoubted technical qualities to come to the fore. Long may it continue.

In addition to his goal and all round play, what a chance he created for Didz in the first half. One thing I've noticed about the top teams in the prem is they press incessantly and you don't get a second on the ball - especially bringing it out of defence.

He nicked the ball off the Palace player and put it on a plate for Didz with a De Bruyne esq cross.

Of course he's got a mistake or two in him too - that's why he's playing for Sheffield United. At the moment though, he's the first outfield name on the team sheet.

My biggest concern is that if we have all decided that Lundstram isn't a scapegoat anymore, who else can take on that mantle? It is a written law of Bramall Lane that we have to have a scapegoat.

Don't fret
There's always 'old reliable' Monty to fall back (up)on
There's fuckers in the South stand that can't be old enough to have seen him in the flesh that give him pelters

Just wait until his form drops a bit or he plays well and makes a bad pass that leads to a goal, you just wait.....

Back
Top Bottom