Here’s to you John Lundstram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well done Akinbiyi and Carlton. May I add how wrong I was in doubting the recruitment of Robbo and (especially) Luke Freeman. The latter had a game-changing cameo at Bornmuff and was startlingly good today. He combines the best of Duffy and Fleck and is much quicker than either.

I’m already looking forward to him being in next week’s leaked starting XI.

He was excellent. My MOTM without a doubt, despite outstanding performances from several others.

I said after the Stoke game he might be a surprise package in the Prem, to much hilarity...

Well done Akinbiyi and Carlton. May I add how wrong I was in doubting the recruitment of Robbo and (especially) Luke Freeman. The latter had a game-changing cameo at Bornmuff and was startlingly good today. He combines the best of Duffy and Fleck and is much quicker than either.

Luke Freeman is just WOW !! What a player, and to think I was depressed when Fleck went off

I know for a fact that HodgysBrokenThumb fell on the ground laughing when he first saw Brian Deane play and asked '' who's this donkey? ' so it happens to everyone!

I saw his debut at Reading and thought he was like a puppy still growing into his paws! He scored though and it got betterer and betterererer.

What i was particularly pleased with was Freeman's workrate and defensive qualities - he's certainly got more to his game than an offensive threat. Well happy :)

What i was particularly pleased with was Freeman's workrate and defensive qualities - he's certainly got more to his game than an offensive threat. Well happy :)

Agreed. A couple of posters suggested him for a midfield role, one of them pointed out he’d played well there for QPR under Holloway.

If I get time I’ll look up who it was...
:)

Until the MOTM nomination I though he'd been average - that moment made me think back through his game today and all I remembered was twice when he seemed situationally unaware, losing the ball where he shouldn't and not chasing a ball he should have. Looking forward to watching MOTD and being proved wrong given this thread :)

He's even got a song now he's a living Blades legend!

Even works without trumpets (sort of)!

For those who didn't hear it, it's the Tequila Song but swap Tequila for Lundstram.

He's even got a song now he's a living Blades legend!

Even works without trumpets (sort of)!

For those who didn't hear it, it's the Tequila Song but swap Tequila for Lundstram.

This one?

I can’t imagine how that works, but who cares? 😂😂

The weird thing is Lundstram was behind Norwood,Fleck and Coutts in the pecking order,Coutts was allowed to leave as he was probably not going to play regularly and now it’s transpired that JL is now starting.
It’s a funny old game

Until the MOTM nomination I though he'd been average - that moment made me think back through his game today and all I remembered was twice when he seemed situationally unaware, losing the ball where he shouldn't and not chasing a ball he should have. Looking forward to watching MOTD and being proved wrong given this thread :)

Think you will be in the minority with this Pudsey but each to their own. Cannot think of one average performance from our lads today, magnificent the lot of them.

I'll take the humble pie, I don't give a shit.

But for the record, my issue has never been about him being shit - he has a lot of good attributes, it's been about how his presence has represented a different way of playing which I don't think we've been great at previously, and how he hasn't seemed to fit into our way of playing.

He is now so much sharper and more athletic than he's ever been before and this has prompted him to define himself as a player and find a defined role in the team. He can now apply his abilities more effectively.

He's clearly capable of doing a job in that RCM position and based on that performance Besic will have problems getting a look in.

I know for a fact that HodgysBrokenThumb fell on the ground laughing when he first saw Brian Deane play and asked '' who's this donkey? ' so it happens to everyone!
In mitigation, I had been scarred by looking forward to seeing our record signing Chris Guthrie a few years before. After that, I tended to doubt the signing of any big centre-forwards. Can't believe I have mentioned Guthrie and Deane in the same post.

Back
Top Bottom