Henderson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

You're forgetting about that Greggs restaurant in Crystal Peaks and our 400 Poundlands.
I think you do Gregg's a disservice regarding the Crystal Peaks area,the one at Drakehouse is a drive thru I believe, so say Hendo rents a house at Ridgeway, he's minutes away from this attraction.
Drive thru Greggs and Premier League football, what more could the lad desire?

Plus Manchester doesn't have any Michelin starred restaurants.

Surprising but true, fact check fail on my part.

More restaurants of the type frequented by the millionaire footballer though I'd say.

At no point since we first signed Henderson in 2018 has any party hinted, mentioned, commented, talked about a permanent move. Always has been, always will be, be about a loan.

So why people are talking about his living arrangements is beyond me.

I think you do Gregg's a disservice regarding the Crystal Peaks area,the one at Drakehouse is a drive thru I believe, so say Hendo rents a house at Ridgeway, he's minutes away from this attraction.
Drive thru Greggs and Premier League football, what more could the lad desire?

Three Aldis within a ten minute drive, one with a Fultons twenty yards away and one with a Home Bargains next door.

At no point since we first signed Henderson in 2018 has any party hinted, mentioned, commented, talked about a permanent move. Always has been, always will be, be about a loan.

I said months ago Man. Uniteds plan was to let him get around 50 PL games under his belt and were watching his progress closely. At that point, selling him wasn't on the table and he's improved since then. Source, his Dad.

Don't forget Damons. Has anyone told him that he can eat free there on his birthday? If that doesn't swing the deal in our favour I don't know what will.
I doubt anywhere in the South Manchester/Cheshire area does a Sunday dinner as nice as the British Oak,as a single lad, who needs to keep his strength up, living away from home, got to be a consideration.

If he's got a taste card it's two for one at Frankie and Benny's as well.

It just gets better doesn't it, someone must send him this thread. And if he's insured his Fiat Panda with compare the market he can pop into Cineworld afterwards and get 2 tickets for the price of one.

If you were a 22 year old millionaire would you live in Sheffield? How many designer shops have we got? VIP nightclubs? Michelin starred restaurants? General things to spend money doing? Less than Manchester by miles.

It's a pretty strange view that people are just motivated by wanting to live close to work. Family, friends, whether you just like the place, nightlife, food, shopping.

I'd rather live in the city I've lived in the majority of my life, commute an hour or so a couple of times a week, and stay in the really nice flat in Sheffield that I can easily afford, or has been laid on by the club, when I want a drink with my teammates or need to be at training at 8am or have a match.
Sorry, I forgot Sheffield was a small market town in the middle of nowhere. Jesus wept

Sorry, I forgot Sheffield was a small market town in the middle of nowhere. Jesus wept

I have to admit though Danny, that Sheffield is shit in comparison to Manchester..... as much as it pains me to say it. I love Sheffield but it feels 20 years behind.

‘Any party’ apart from a large group of supporters who believe it’ll happen! There’s many signs that it won’t. I was merely suggesting that the house renovation is the latest in a long list. 👍🏻

I have to admit though Danny, that Sheffield is shit in comparison to Manchester..... as much as it pains me to say it. I love Sheffield but it feels 20 years behind.
It’ll improve when Sheffield gets more ‘general things to spend money doing’ mate

Think about it.
If De Gea stays, Hendo will be out on loan.
If De Gea goes, are a team of Manure s stature going to put an untried ,at this level, player in the vital position of keeper?
No they are not.
They will go out and buy a tried and tested quality keeper who has played at the highest possible level.
Which leaves Hendo where?
Well he has already indicated his preference, if he s not first choice at Manure, is here with us.
He s also said nothing will be decided until the end of the U21 tournament.
Manure will allow him to be tried and tested at this level with a club like ours. Where if he makes mistakes its our bad luck not theirs. Where when he shows himself to be the quality keeper we all know he is, then Manure will have their ready made first choice keeper for the future.
Patience Blades. Nervous times, but in my mind he ll be here when our Premiership journey begins.
I hope.

‘Any party’ apart from a large group of supporters who believe it’ll happen! There’s many signs that it won’t. I was merely suggesting that the house renovation is the latest in a long list. 👍🏻
Danny, he could be refurbishing his current home to sell it, on the advice
of the estate agents. They could have told him, spend X amount, to realise XX amount, and the figures they told him, were to good to resist.

All this talk of us not being able to afford his wages is bollocks. We can. We're a Premier league club. £50k a week is £2.6m a year for the loan. If we seriously cannot afford that then we will never do owt. Same goes for the attitude on here of "there's cheaper out there"

There is. But we don't need to buy cheap now. We're not shopping at Swiss Tony's car lot now. We're in the showroom ffs.

All this talk of us not being able to afford his wages is bollocks. We can. We're a Premier league club. £50k a week is £2.6m a year for the loan. If we seriously cannot afford that then we will never do owt. Same goes for the attitude on here of "there's cheaper out there"

There is. But we don't need to buy cheap now. We're not shopping at Swiss Tony's car lot now. We're in the showroom ffs.
Plus the loan fee. Which will just have gone up.

Funny you should say that AH, loaning an up & coming Man Utd reserve keeper is like making love to a beautiful women......

Why not? Think he’s decent myself.

Always had an unfair tag of long ball manager. He's utilised the players he's had through his career.

In the current climate with the England set up do people really think they'd appoint a long ball dinosaur. Even during the second half when down to 10 men you could hear Boothroyd telling the players to try and play through midfield.

Are you bored or something, all you seem to do lately is find a general consensus, express the opposite opinion and then act with incredulity when people don't conform to your view.

If you can't see how far in front of Sheffield Manchester is then I can't help you.

I love Sheffield but the only people that would choose us over Manchester are members of the Countryside Alliance.

I see that others are posting about England U21s on this thread. So, I don't even feel like I'm hijacking. Naturally, the Carrier Bag Firm were representing out in Cesena last night. (Big Blade Klaxon, of course we were also there in 94 when the Blades travelled for the Anglo Italian Cup). Only a little game time for our Main Squeeze U20 World Cup Winner Dominic CL. But, if you want to read about the difference between English & Belorussian sign language in bars, UEFA Stewards wearing builder's Hard Hats & a superb Italian Imperial Stout at 7.7% - we've done the hard yards.

Blog published at.....

https://ball-sup.blogspot.com/2019/06/drink-draw-lose.html

It’ll improve when Sheffield gets more ‘general things to spend money doing’ mate

Yes there's loads to see and do for the young millionaire bachelor in Sheffield, more than Manchester, with its warehouse project, music scene, trendy nightclubs, posh eateries, China Town, Champions League football matches, designer bazaars and chain malls, my mistake.

Sheffield has so much more to offer with its long list of music venues playing host to any tribute act you could wish for, it's shopping centre in the arse end of Sheffield that still smells a but funny after an unfortunate sewage leak, 2 Primarks and it's large collection of Southern fried chicken outlets.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom