Henderson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Man U aren’t going to let him go while there is still the uncertainty around De Gea.
Come on. There is zero chance he’ll be starting for Man Utd next season even if De Gea goes.

Come on. There is zero chance he’ll be starting for Man Utd next season even if De Gea goes.

Agreed. But why would they agree to loaning Hendo before they know what their own squad looks like for next season?

Agreed. But why would they agree to loaning Hendo before they know what their own squad looks like for next season?
Because he’s not going to be part of their plans no matter what happens.
Honesty, I hope he’s seeing this and he ends up coming to us on a perm.

QUOTE="Flatulent_Bob, post: 2066951, member: 2378"]
[/QUOTE]
Im not sure that's true.....think David Brioks and the Toulon tournament, he was in his way to Chesterfield for a season long loan before he got player of the tournament and Wilder changed his mind.

Henderson has got the perfect opportunity to do the same thing for England u21s. Also it's clear Solksjaer is willing to give youth a chance by signing James and theres clearly a clamour for Man U to change how they operate and stop wasting money on over rated ' galacticos' like Sanchez, Lukaku and Pogba. Hes got the best young keeper in England right under his nose...what's to say he wont use him?

QUOTE="Flatulent_Bob, post: 2066951, member: 2378"]
[/QUOTE]
Im not sure that's true.....think David Brioks and the Toulon tournament, he was in his way to Chesterfield for a season long loan before he got player of the tournament and Wilder changed his mind.

Henderson has got the perfect opportunity to do the same thing for England u21s. Also it's clear Solksjaer is willing to give youth a chance by signing James and theres clearly a clamour for Man U to change how they operate and stop wasting money on over rated ' galacticos' like Sanchez, Lukaku and Pogba. Hes got the best young keeper in England right under his nose...what's to say he wont use him?

You think we can match his wages on a four year contract at Man U?

You think we can match his wages on a four year contract at Man U?
Good point, that I’d not considered at all, but I don’t think they’re overly bothered about keeping him. What’s he reportedly on now? 20k? We can match and even better thay, if they offer 40k then we’re done.
However if they can get £10-12 million, plus save the 2 million a year (40k/52) wages they’ll take it, so long as they have a sell on clause so they can bring him back if he becomes a top level keeper.

Good point, that I’d not considered at all, but I don’t think they’re overly bothered about keeping him. What’s he reportedly on now? 20k? We can match and even better thay, if they offer 40k then we’re done.
However if they can get £10-12 million, plus save the 2 million a year (40k/52) wages they’ll take it, so long as they have a sell on clause so they can bring him back if he becomes a top level keeper.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's on £40k already.

And the rest.

Just read that Rashford is asking for £300k a week on his new contract, players have all the power at Man U and Man U don't give a shit because money is the only thing they have to offer at the moment so I would say it's not unreasonable to think that Henderson's agent will be going into contract talks looking for between 75 and 150k a week.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's on £40k already.
I’d be surprised but I don’t have any indicators to suggest what it might be.
The higher it is, the bigger saving they make if they sell him on.

Just read that Rashford is asking for £300k a week on his new contract, players have all the power at Man U and Man U don't give a shit because money is the only thing they have to offer at the moment so I would say it's not unreasonable to think that Henderson's agent will be going into contract talks looking for between 75 and 150k a week.

Can’t see why they’d agree to that. He’s under contract and isn’t going to get near the first team. If his agent does that then I think a deal would be much more likely, IF he wants to come within our wage bill. If not there’s much better and cheaper out there for us.

I’d be surprised but I don’t have any indicators to suggest what it might be.
The higher it is, the bigger saving they make if they sell him on.

And the less likely we are able to afford him. He isn’t going to go anywhere for less wages is he.

And the less likely we are able to afford him. He isn’t going to go anywhere for less wages is he.
Depends on what he wants from his career. If he wants to play, and play for us, he needs to fit in with the wage bill. If not, as I said there are better and cheaper around.

Doesn’t sound too promising

Reading into a lot of things there.

Things Henderson says "I think I should be playing for Man U yeah, and I think I'd be worth playing" - fair enough

"Sheffield United will stay in my heart forever for what they've given me this season" - appreciated

"If I'm at Man U, Sheff U, wherever - I'm good enough to be a Premier League keeper and will be one way or the other" - true and would indicate he'll happily go back out if he's not going to be playing, which he won't be.

He is a Manchester United player, talking to a Man U focused journalist who wants to big up the academy. He's hardly going to say "fuck em, if they don't wanna play me I'll go back to dem Blades and play for a proper team" and if he did it wouldn't be printed.

Plus loads of people who'd know have said he's coming, and apparently the man himself has said the same.

He couldn’t resist dissing the pigs about big games last season .....

Henderson added: 'I don't think they are bigger games than some of the ones like Leeds away and others like that but they will be a different test for me.

That said, CWAK are pragmatic. If they think they can get a good keeper for the same money as loaning him again they might take it. We were his latest springboard last season but he makes it clear we are not his long term option and we can’t afford to be his springboard again in the PL, need a long term keeper option.

Who’s better and cheaper, out of interest?
I'd look at Etheridge or Randolph for starters, both would be cheaper than Hendo IF he signs a deal on 75-150k/week and we're expected to pay/match it.
That's just stupid money for where he is currently.

For what it's worth, I think the Daily Mail article is just Hendo's agent doing his job and building his profile. It's just before the Euros, in a time when Englands junior teams have more coverage than ever, and just before Hendo plays his first season in the Premier League.

I'd look at Etheridge or Randolph for starters, both would be cheaper than Hendo IF he signs a deal on 75-150k/week and we're expected to pay/match it.
That's just stupid money for where he is currently.

For what it's worth, I think the Daily Mail article is just Hendo's agent doing his job and building his profile. It's just before the Euros, in a time when Englands junior teams have more coverage than ever, and just before Hendo plays his first season in the Premier League.

Etheridge being looked at by a few Prem teams and Villa have reportedly had an £8 million bid turned down so not so sure about him being cheaper.

Etheridge being looked at by a few Prem teams and Villa have reportedly had an £8 million bid turned down so not so sure about him being cheaper.
He won't be £12-15 Million and then 75k-150k/week to match what you suggested Man Utd are offering.

If Henderson signs a 5 yr deal with Man U his wages will undoubtedly increase.
His loaning club will be expected to foot that bill or a large part of it. It may come down to who is prepared to pay the biggest proportion of his wages. When all's said and done, Man U will have the last say on where he goes and he will suck it up because he is desperate to play for them.
If we only offer to pay a proportion of his wages and someone else offers to pay 100%, he'll be going somewhere else.

If Henderson signs a 5 yr deal with Man U his wages will undoubtedly increase.
His loaning club will be expected to foot that bill or a large part of it. It may come down to who is prepared to pay the biggest proportion of his wages. When all's said and done, Man U will have the last say on where he goes and he will suck it up because he is desperate to play for them.
If we only offer to pay a proportion of his wages and someone else offers to pay 100%, he'll be going somewhere else.

Spot on

Back
Top Bottom