Henderson’s Honesty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What I understood is that there was some "exchange" of communications on social media with an underage girl, that was construed as potentially "grooming". If that's correct then I honestly cannot bring myself to have sympathy for him, because even if it was innocent enough, he should have had more sense and stayed a mile away from anything like that. If I've got that wrong then my remarks are not relevant and I take them back, but that's what I understood at the time.

I totally agree with you about the menace of social media and the terrible effect it can have on people's lives. When I was a kid, other kids got bullied in the school playground. Nowadays kids get bullied by anonymous trolls on social media. I don't think it's healthy. And I think there should be tougher laws that enable the outing of such trolls and severe punishment for the same.
As per the two above posts, you've got the details wrong about what happened. Firstly the thing he posted was harmless regardless of the age of the reader. Secondly, he made a post and someone who had clicked to follow him received it - you know how these things work, right? You need to dump the word "grooming".

Is that what you'd do if someone in the pub shouted 'paedo' at you? Keep popping back in and seeing it they shouted it at other people too?

Choose Your Own Adventure:

(A) Ignore it. It's not personal. (Turn to page 10)
(B) Your honour has been questioned. Fuck that. You start a massive rumble (Turn to page 13)

page 10 They get bored and move on. You finish your drink with your mates and go home to spend time with your family, working on improving yourself as a person and as a professional. Making the world a better place.

page 13 This is exactly what the reaction they've been been hoping for. The abuse turns up to 11, and everyone wades in. A couple of people get glassed. Someone else gets stabbed because in the end these gobshites are cowards. Sections of the clientele are rubbernecking, proclaiming how terrible it all is and putting videos are on youtube just so we can all see how terrible it all is. It's Fuckwit Frenzy.

Choose Your Own Adventure:

(A) Ignore it. It's not personal. (Turn to page 10)
(B) Your honour has been questioned. Fuck that. You start a massive rumble (Turn to page 13)

page 10 They get bored and move on. You finish your drink with your mates and go home to spend time with your family, working on improving yourself as a person and as a professional. Making the world a better place.

page 13 This is exactly what the reaction they've been been hoping for. The abuse turns up to 11, and everyone wades in. A couple of people get glassed. Someone else gets stabbed because in the end these gobshites are cowards. Sections of the clientele are rubbernecking, proclaiming how terrible it all is and putting videos are on youtube just so we can all see how terrible it all is. It's Fuckwit Frenzy.
Ok the pub is not the same situation, but I doubt you'd sit having a meal or pint with family and friends while it was being changed at you.

What if the put an ad in the paper saying you're a paedo? Just ignore it?

They need finding and prosecuting.

As per the two above posts, you've got the details wrong about what happened. Firstly the thing he posted was harmless regardless of the age of the reader. Secondly, he made a post and someone who had clicked to follow him received it - you know how these things work, right? You need to dump the word "grooming".
Then, I take my words back, as I said.

He was accused of child sex abuse in a care home where he worked when he stopped playing and whilst taking his coaching badges. The charges against him were dropped.
It was at a time, late 1990s when others were under suspicion, and there were some who were found guilty,
sorry I was referring to Deano mate....

Back
Top Bottom