Henderson’s Honesty

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It must come as a massive shock for a young player. I’m not sure much can prepare you for it. Hopefully his older teammates have helped him and told him that it’s just shite from people who, in the main, wouldn’t say boo to a goose if they were out on their own.

It must come as a massive shock for a young player. I’m not sure much can prepare you for it. Hopefully his older teammates have helped him and told him that it’s just shite from people who, in the main, wouldn’t say boo to a goose if they were out on their own.
If you watch his SSN interview, he's fairly damning of the authorities and governing bodies who offered him absolutely fekall support during this time.

Eesh. Tricky one, but I didn't think that abuse had carried itself over into the Prem. It always semed fairly localised to me. Not sure him drawing attention to it again now is going to help it go away - which is surely the end goal.

It's good to be open, but this isn't how I would have advised him to play this one.

Football has not got a very good track record of looking after its players - young lads, often away from home and other support networks in a very high pressure profession, in the public spotlight. All clubs should provide regular psychological therapy to all their players same way they see the physio and the fitness coaches

10 or 12 years ago I applied for a lead safeguarding role at the FA. They didn't put the wages on the advert, so when they phoned and offered me an interview I was excited but concerned. We spoke about what I offered to the post and then they dropped the bombshell. They clearly wanted to get people to Wembley and be wide eyed and not think about the money. I declined the interview.

Oh god wait till Natalie swayer and.Jim white hear about this

It's sad that people think that they can go about saying the sort of things that they sometimes do to other people. Most of the time people who say these sort of things are mindless morons and probably wouldn't have the carrots to say anything like that to his face. They are just worthless wankers who are very very thick people. There is banter and then there is overstepping the mark.

The trick is, to just think 'fuk em - they are thick as pig shit' and don't give this sort of nonsense the time of day. In fact if you can, just laugh at the thick bastards.

Hendo has it all in front of him and will have a very good life, of that I'm sure. Don't let the bastards grind you down lad.

The kind of thing he was accused of is not easy to brush off. Calling someone a dickhead or a bell end is easy. But the paedo stuff is another matter. Even though the stuff was complete and utter bollocks, it's still not good.

Hopefully he got some good advice and help. 👍

Football has not got a very good track record of looking after its players - young lads, often away from home and other support networks in a very high pressure profession, in the public spotlight. All clubs should provide regular psychological therapy to all their players same way they see the physio and the fitness coaches
It's generally the same all over in this country with the press and media they get built up and built and then knocked down then left on their own to cope .
UTB NBM

It’s sadly endemic of the society we live in, where people’s actions or words are often void of any thought to the person who they are saying them against/to.

I hope Dean has been able to some proper support and is now in a better place than the one described. Being in the public eye is never easy and I can’t imagine how it must be to then have people accuse you of something that is clearly nonsense.

If Dean is reading, he should have dropped a veiled message in the mental health thread on here. Lots of great advice and support from forumers.

I always wondered why something wasn't done about the moron who first put it out there. That scumbag deliberately misled people as to the context and, though it was quickly put right by those that understand SnapChat, the damage was already done. If I'd been Deano, I'd have put my lawyers on it and took the thick Pig bar-steward to town on it. People need to realise that their words online can have serious consequences. Banter between clubs and fans is fine but personal abuse should not be tolerated.

The replies to this on twitter especially from Pigs and Leeds fans are appalling.

People seem to think that because they’re footballers it justifies the abuse and it’s not just the case of Deano but others as well. Apparently they should learn to take it because they earn loads of money.

It’s this kind of sick, warped logic that drives the suicide rates up. Places like Twitter are a disease, they can be great but they aren’t policed properly. As far as I can see Twitter themselves do fuck all about it.

The replies to this on twitter especially from Pigs and Leeds fans are appalling.

I just report them. Vile salty wankers. Deans a good lad. Looks to have stepped back a bit from social media which is a shame.

10 or 12 years ago I applied for a lead safeguarding role at the FA. They didn't put the wages on the advert, so when they phoned and offered me an interview I was excited but concerned. We spoke about what I offered to the post and then they dropped the bombshell. They clearly wanted to get people to Wembley and be wide eyed and not think about the money. I declined the interview.

Not sure what you mean by the last couple of sentences ?

Wendy's ex manager had to put up with dogs abuse. Forget the name, but a scouser.

Eesh. Tricky one, but I didn't think that abuse had carried itself over into the Prem. It always semed fairly localised to me. Not sure him drawing attention to it again now is going to help it go away - which is surely the end goal.

It's good to be open, but this isn't how I would have advised him to play this one.

Why shouldn't be open and honest? It's sickening what he's been called and it takes ppl to speak out to make the authorities clamp down hard on it.

I always wondered why something wasn't done about the moron who first put it out there. That scumbag deliberately misled people as to the context and, though it was quickly put right by those that understand SnapChat, the damage was already done. If I'd been Deano, I'd have put my lawyers on it and took the thick Pig bar-steward to town on it. People need to realise that their words online can have serious consequences. Banter between clubs and fans is fine but personal abuse should not be tolerated.
absolutely. If it had been racist abuse, they'd have been rightly prosecuted. That shyster should have too.

Why shouldn't be open and honest? It's sickening what he's been called and it takes ppl to speak out to make the authorities clamp down hard on it.

Agree, and so do others

What you need to do with shite like that is realise it's not personal. It's not actually aimed at you. These people need a target. If it wasn't you, it'd be someone else.

But, as pretty much everyone who has experienced this says, they do take it personally - it's nearly impossible not to.

Before the internet these people would be bombarding their targets with deranged letters scribbled in crayon - they got a chance to vent, but you could just put their latest diatribe in the bin, and over all, with occasional exceptions, they couldn't do much harm.

Now the internet means they've got a platform, and for whatever reason they're getting a big reaction from their target and the audience.

So here we are, swimming in sewage.

Back
Top Bottom