Hassan Ayari

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Am I right in thinking that a lot of the players in our U23’s are similar in regards to Brentford’s B team in regards to recruitment? I.e. Kids who've been released from other clubs.

Was that Sam Graham at 1:07, just letting the ball drop over his head. Absolutely shocking defending.

No, it wasn't, and it's the sort of mistakes you'll get from teenagers. Hopefully his awareness will improve and the highlights showed good things as well from the same player.

No, it wasn't, and it's the sort of mistakes you'll get from teenagers. Hopefully his awareness will improve and the highlights showed good things as well from the same player.
Gomis then.....

Definitely needs more awareness, wasn't just this clip, his defending is certainly questionable that's for sure.

I've played with and against future, current and ex-internationals at cricket a fair few times. A couple of future pro's at football as well. It's a little bit humbling at times
Me too. Mike Atherton was pretty much a FEC aged fifteen. And Mike Smith was terrifyingly quick, though he looked like a trundler in his sole Test match

I watch a lot of Step 2 and 3 non-league football, and there are some really good players on display. But they’re a million miles off professional football.

The step up at each level is huge, it really is.

Me too. Mike Atherton was pretty much a FEC aged fifteen. And Mike Smith was terrifyingly quick, though he looked like a trundler in his sole Test match

I watch a lot of Step 2 and 3 non-league football, and there are some really good players on display. But they’re a million miles off professional football.

The step up at each level is huge, it really is.
I played against Paul Franks about 10 years back and it was the same thing. I left 4 balls in the over and the lad at the other end said "you left that well". Actually, it was just short of a length on a good line and I realised I didn't have a shot available to play it 😂

he’s playing against Namibia U20’s. The standard must be the same as that American Samoan team that got tonked by Australia years ago.

just seen his goal, it’s on twitter. Keeper doesn’t even move, was basically like having a dinner lady in goal.

As much as it’s positive for him to be getting on the score sheet and all that, the standard he was against was excruciatingly awful.

he’s playing against Namibia U20’s. The standard must be the same as that American Samoan team that got tonked by Australia years ago.

just seen his goal, it’s on twitter. Keeper doesn’t even move, was basically like having a dinner lady in goal.
It’s a nice assist though the defending is shocking but he strikes the ball really well from deep. It’s good for his development either way new experiences and all that.

The ball to him for his goal was at an awkward height, did well to control it and get shot off before defender comes across. (And he was in the box, thats +1 thing he does better than McBurnie already 😂 )

No importance in the game, buy like others have said.. would do his confidence and development the world of good.

In fairness to Reed he's making a living from the game most players don't do that.
Making his debut at 16 and being in the England youth set ups youd thought he'd done better. Dont even see his name for Pboro.

In fairness to Reed he's making a living from the game most players don't do that.

I think the lesson from Reed is that if you’re not blessed with pace, height or real power, you have to be incredibly talented to make a go of it above League 1.

He certainly had talent as a youngster, but just not enough.

I think the lesson from Reed is that if you’re not blessed with pace, height or real power, you have to be incredibly talented to make a go of it above League 1.

He certainly had talent as a youngster, but just not enough.
Where's the Whitby warrior?

Reed is 23 and a well used squad player for Peterborough, played nearly 80 times for them and we’ll be playing them next season, so it’s not like he’s turning out for Shitsville City in the Arsekickers League. He might not have 1/2 of Ravel Morrison’s talent, but he’ll have twice the career.

Back
Top Bottom