Has the famous bbc finished

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

So any change in nearly 5 years then due to work commitments and location don’t get to many matches now

There's a great interview with Jake from the BBC Three Online Content Generation Firm, and his hatred of Sheffield Wednesday, in the latest Dem Blades Quarterly Subscription Fanzine. See if you can get your hands on a copy.

Aren't they organising music festivals in some backwaters with bands well past their sell-by date?

Be more interesting than reading about twats who hit other twats because the collective twats don't support the same football team.

Yep, I agree with that.

I just think they should round them all up and take them out to a field in the countryside and let them feight till death. Hopefully they'll all end up killing each other and then the rest of us can just enjoy watching a game of football without this vermin spoiling it for everyone.

It was actually me who was djing 😂.it was at a club on Matilda street called Area 51 but it used to be the capital. Who told you the story ?

Small world! 😁 Pretty sure it was P Ingall, but come to think of it, could have been me uncle (Solid State, aka R Hardcastle).

A safer, more family friendly festival you won't find. It's a local/smaller festival, if you're expecting Radiohead or Ed Sheeran to rock up you're possibility looking in the wrong place?

Woah, slow down there John Wayne.
Never criticised the family outing, was just answering the very old OP.
Now, as you were.

No not that bbc, I was in take away last Saturday night and chatting to the owner a young fellah

he was talking about the game and asked me if there was any bother seeing as it was Millwall

in town, now this lad has told me in the past, not in a cocky way that his brother was involved

with the BBC (I know we have heard it before) and he himself has as well, I told him I had heard

there was apparently some trouble Friday night, this lad (Asian) has often rattled off names,

think he thinks I have been involved, but no not with the BBC, after my time but it got me wondering

some years ago they were regularly in the news, has this type of organised trouble now finished
and the more well known crews like Millwall, Chelsea,West Ham,rovrum and Wendy gone away?

Boxer
They were locked up Boxer ! and the key thrown away , the ones that were caught that is !😅😂

Small world! 😁 Pretty sure it was P Ingall, but come to think of it, could have been me uncle (Solid State, aka R Hardcastle).
The same thing may have happened to another dj , it’s quite likely I suppose . I was djing in Area 51 (formerly capital ) late 1999 . It was packed out & all of a sudden the dancfloor just cleared, all of the locals had seen it was the bbc & just left the club All that was left was me the staff & the people who’d travelled with me from Mansfield . It was about 2am & we were due to shut at 4am , that’s when the manager came to the dj booth & said the bbc are here & I got the wrong end of the stick 😂... which lasted a couple of seconds as all that was left on the dance floor were the blades firm with bbc tatood on their necks . The manager then told me to turn the music off & we were gonna try & pretend we were closing at 2 . I took the needle off the vinyl , & was told pretty sharpish “put the fucking music back on “ to which I obliged. But it became a nightmare after that they were just threatening people who didn’t want it , & the doorman shit it & wouldn’t do a thing . They eventually left & we were locked in the club & they were waiting outside for us baring in mind we were all 18 year old kids . The next time we went back the doorman had been sacked & Chris bailey lads from nottm were on the door

Just stumbled across this thread and really felt I had to respond to a few of the comments as I worked on the doors in Sheffield for over 10 years including Republic, Bed (the rebranded Music Factory) and The Leadmill amongst many more.

The BBC were an ugly bunch of thugs who used to deal in illegal substances and generally caused mayhem for the sake of it

Both of the above accusations are true to a certain extent. When you have a loosely affiliated group of people you will always get different strands of behaviour. Yes some of the BBC dealt drugs but your statement makes it sound like every member of the group did which simply isn't true. Likewise some of the idiot wing of the group caused mayhem wherever they went but some of them were quite respectful from my own experiences including the member you have described in other comments.

Music Factory was the best club in Sheffield in the mid nineties.

Correct. I still maintain Love2Be was one of the best club nights I've ever been to and I've been to a lot over the years.

I recall one 'senior' BBC twat who we had to deny access being murdered because of his drug dealing 'antics'.

I'm not questioning you re L being denied access at the request of the police but what I can't get my head around is what changed by the time I started on the doors (1999) as we had a list of "faces" from around the city provided by the police that we shouldn't admit and his name wasn't on it. There were plenty of other BBC members ie Bonyack, Tank etc but L wasn't on the list. When I worked at Republic L used to come in every Monday night with a few of his mates. They didn't queue but paid like everyone else, came in, had a couple of bottles of bubbly and left. Very respectful at all times and I can categorically state he didn't have a thing to do with the supply in the club.

Where dealers and security almost always do have some kind of relationship is that the security will 'tax' the dealers on the drugs they sell inside the club, and for an owner of a club this is difficult to prevent. So that begs the question of who actually controls the club?

When you state security "tax" the dealers it implies that this is done against their will. The simple fact of it is that in dance clubs there will always be security approved dealers who pay a % of their turnover to whoever in the security team runs this. Anyone else caught dealing will be ejected. They don't go around taxing dealers.

You must have been the only person who didn't know what the door staff were up to. It was common knowledge and as you said, you managed the club.

Spot on.

Quite possibly door staff were 'taxing' dealers, but if it happened during my stay at the club I was unaware of such activity.

I wouldn't ever expect you to admit it on a public forum but, quite frankly, that is an utter pile of baloney.

You introduced the name of the Nottingham man a few hours ago, "someone our local hero wouldn't confront" and "a bigger fish", yet now you don't know much about him. It all came across a bit "my Dad is bigger than your Dad".

I worked for Chris B for a while and IIYB is correct in the fact that no one in Sheffield would go up against him, probably the only person who has ever really scared me, but I really can't believe that he didn't know what he was into?

I don't blame you for not elaborating on Chris Baileys firm they was a really bad firm not to crossed.

As above I used to work for Chris but they weren't that bad tbh. They had good numbers, 3000 doormen across the country at one point so had strength in numbers, but they weren't anything like as bad as some of the Merseyside or London mobs.

Just stumbled across this thread and really felt I had to respond to a few of the comments as I worked on the doors in Sheffield for over 10 years including Republic, Bed (the rebranded Music Factory) and The Leadmill amongst many more.

Both of the above accusations are true to a certain extent. When you have a loosely affiliated group of people you will always get different strands of behaviour. Yes some of the BBC dealt drugs but your statement makes it sound like every member of the group did which simply isn't true. Likewise some of the idiot wing of the group caused mayhem wherever they went but some of them were quite respectful from my own experiences including the member you have described in other comments.

Correct. I still maintain Love2Be was one of the best club nights I've ever been to and I've been to a lot over the years.

I'm not questioning you re L being denied access at the request of the police but what I can't get my head around is what changed by the time I started on the doors (1999) as we had a list of "faces" from around the city provided by the police that we shouldn't admit and his name wasn't on it. There were plenty of other BBC members ie Bonyack, Tank etc but L wasn't on the list. When I worked at Republic L used to come in every Monday night with a few of his mates. They didn't queue but paid like everyone else, came in, had a couple of bottles of bubbly and left. Very respectful at all times and I can categorically state he didn't have a thing to do with the supply in the club.

When you state security "tax" the dealers it implies that this is done against their will. The simple fact of it is that in dance clubs there will always be security approved dealers who pay a % of their turnover to whoever in the security team runs this. Anyone else caught dealing will be ejected. They don't go around taxing dealers.

Spot on.

I wouldn't ever expect you to admit it on a public forum but, quite frankly, that is an utter pile of baloney.

I worked for Chris B for a while and IIYB is correct in the fact that no one in Sheffield would go up against him, probably the only person who has ever really scared me, but I really can't believe that he didn't know what he was into?

As above I used to work for Chris but they weren't that bad tbh. They had good numbers, 3000 doormen across the country at one point so had strength in numbers, but they weren't anything like as bad as some of the Merseyside or London mobs.
Liked reading this especially the tax bit. Yes we did get charged a % that is deffo true. No I wasn't in the BBC that didn't doesn't interest me at all I like my own way an my own mates.

In Poland and Russia, rival firms meet each other at an agreed location out of town, usually a field somewhere and kick the fuck out of each other.

I'm not against people doing the same thing here in principle. If consenting adults want to engage in violence and no innocent or unwilling individuals are harmed, then it's nobody else's business.

In Poland and Russia, rival firms meet each other at an agreed location out of town, usually a field somewhere and kick the fuck out of each other.

I'm not against people doing the same thing here in principle. If consenting adults want to engage in violence and no innocent or unwilling individuals are harmed, then it's nobody else's business.
They also eat Borscht. Doesn't make it right.

Love reading this thread. Some interesting insights. Personally I Didn’t have any known dealings with the BBC when I started going out in Sheffield in the mid 90’s, but frequented some of the places that they were renowned to go to right up until I started working overseas in 2003.

I never got into bother at football, but going out to pubs, bars and clubs in groups of lads in Sheff, chesterfield, Matlock, Bakewell, hope valley and Buxton trouble would generally find you... wouldn’t do it now but had some good old drunken bother back in those days. I wasn’t very good at it!

Some of the clubs, pubs and bars mentioned were often safer bets to go to as the door staff and the BBC appeared to have most of the bother sewn up.

The Palais, Music Factory, Bed was quality... because of the drugs scene (pills, acid and speed), which I mostly steered clear of. Unlike the newer so called super clubs that sprung up like Club Wow and Kingdom which were unpredictable due to the booze effects. You’d generally not need to look over your shoulder when you were in places like the Music Factory.

The rise of coke, knife carrying and change in culture means that these late night clubs don’t really exist anymore in Sheff... or perhaps I’m too old or sensible to know/ care about them.

Good times!

Ne'er do wells to a man.
Other than taking on other firms with some notion of defending sufcs honour it was plain thuggery, bullying and crime.
There was nothing honourable at all about them. Few were really "hard" without back up.

It always seems like there's an element of repressed homosexuality in these football firms, they always like to make themselves look nice for the hooligans from other firms. The CP coats with the goggles are clearly for the kinky members, look a bit like s&m gear

Back
Top Bottom