Player Suggestion Harry Wilson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

IdLiketoRogerMoore

In Hecky we Trust!
Reaction score

Now I'm not one to succumb to paper talk and I trust Tufty implicitly, but if we're not in for this kid at £15m then I'm baffled. He's just the type of player we need...

I think he's vastly overrated.

Good free-kick taker but I fail to see what else he offers at this level.
That’s what I thought but he would have been our top scorer last season (7), he is a winger though. I don’t think he is what we need.

Now I'm not one to succumb to paper talk and I trust Tufty implicitly, but if we're not in for this kid at £15m then I'm baffled. He's just the type of player we need...

I think he’s badly suited to the types of role we play within our system, and he wouldn’t put in the effort required.

He’s fucking wank.

living on the reputation he got from scoring a few screamers. In reality he offers nothing apart from 2/3 screamers a season. He’s shite in open play, doesn’t work hard and doesn’t track back. Bournemouth fans hated him.

no thanks

He’s fucking wank.

living on the reputation he got from scoring a few screamers. In reality he offers nothing apart from 2/3 screamers a season. He’s shite in open play, doesn’t work hard and doesn’t track back. Bournemouth fans hated him.

no thanks
Apart from the language.

Agree entirely with Ben. Absolutely not what we require.

Given how many Bournemouth players are in demand at other premier league clubs, I’m starting to wonder which ones are responsible for relegating them?

I think he is overrated to be fair, although he has a shot in him. I'd pay £6m-8m though. Definitely not 15m

I would be absolutely gutted if we signed him for £15m. I can see why he may be worth Burnley looking at him, but I think he's seriously overrated and all wrong for our midfield.

Everyone is adding some skill and pace in attacking .... meanwhile at Bramall Lane....
....panicking fans are wanting the club to overpay millions from the budget for Liverpool cast offs?

Everyone is adding some skill and pace in attacking .... meanwhile at Bramall Lane....

We're still trying for that in fairness. Burke does ass pace and skill also. If we stop making stupid mistakes every game, then we'll see a different Blades team to the one we've seen thus far, and we're only now starting to get out a fully fit team, minus Moose, who is badly missed. If we can get a similar player to the Moose we saw how much a difference he made last season.

We're still trying for that in fairness. Burke does ass pace and skill also. If we stop making stupid mistakes every game, then we'll see a different Blades team to the one we've seen thus far, and we're only now starting to get out a fully fit team, minus Moose, who is badly missed. If we can get a similar player to the Moose we saw how much a difference he made last season.

Ass pace you say..

not at all but it’s clear that we don’t have the required funds or it would be sorted...
What, we'd overpay? I'm not sure we would even if we had the funds, especially when there are alternate options still available.
If we had no funds as is being touted we wouldn't still be talking about these deals.

What, we'd overpay? I'm not sure we would even if we had the funds, especially when there are alternate options still available.
If we had no funds as is being touted we wouldn't still be talking about these deals.

No... the funds to purchase a striker of any proven ability in the championship or higher...

No... the funds to purchase a striker of any proven ability in the championship or higher...
Oh, so £30M plus? I'd agree that we don't have the funds to spend that on a single purchase anywhere on the pitch, mainly because we've a few areas of need of that cash and we'd look to get 2-3 players instead. But we're getting off topic. Harry Wilson is neither a striker, or of any proven ability in the championship or higher.

Some stupid suggestions on here
Hes vastly over rated, doesnt suit our system, we dont need him, not good enough,we havent got £15m to waste even if he was good value for money which he isnt
Hes been discussed on here before

That’s what I thought but he would have been our top scorer last season (7), he is a winger though. I don’t think he is what we need.

Genuine question, I wonder how many of those were from open play? There's a website that tells you but I forget the name of it.

Oh, so £30M plus? I'd agree that we don't have the funds to spend that on a single purchase anywhere on the pitch, mainly because we've a few areas of need of that cash and we'd look to get 2-3 players instead. But we're getting off topic. Harry Wilson is neither a striker, or of any proven ability in the championship or higher.

I understand that we have to spend funds elsewhere however...

A season in the prem is worth £120mil + so saving now is false economy if we get relegated.

I honestly believe without buying a striker we will place ourselves at a real risk of relegation.

Now is the time to capitalise.

IMO opinion Wilson is an attacking player with both skill and pace. I’m not suggesting we sign him but someone with similar attributes as a striker (an attacking player)

Inadddition he played for Derby and scored 15 goals on route to play off final. Played for Bournemouth regularly last season and scored 7 goals so I would say he is proven.

The intention of the thread was not an endorsement of us going out there and buying Wilson or that he was just what we need. More a conversation starter that there are players out there...

However, he does offer something we don't currently have, and even as an option off the bench to change games, would add to what we have. We simply lack creativity / creative players.

Tufty spent last summer buying attacking players, but seems to have changed his M.O this Summer and I'm not too sure why...

Fingers crossed he has something up his sleeve as at the mo it looks like we're short in the final third...

Duffy was once a winger but then turned into an attacking midfielder, with licence to roam a little, link up attacking play to cause the opposition all kinds of problems.
Had a couple of decent seasons playing in such a position - so much so that a talented young lad by the name of Brooks couldn't get in the team on a regular basis.
Could a player such as Harry Wilson be converted into that type of player too perhaps? Who can also take a decent free-kick in the process?
would certainly add to the group although price and wages probably already make it a non-starter.
Not suggesting Harry Wilson is the answer, and it may well be that he's a little over-rated by some, but certainly a good age with potential to develop further AND give us something a bit different to what we have? (or are we purely relying on McGoldrick to be that kind of link-up player).

I understand that we have to spend funds elsewhere however...

A season in the prem is worth £120mil + so saving now is false economy if we get relegated.

I honestly believe without buying a striker we will place ourselves at a real risk of relegation.

Now is the time to capitalise.

IMO opinion Wilson is an attacking player with both skill and pace. I’m not suggesting we sign him but someone with similar attributes as a striker (an attacking player)

Inadddition he played for Derby and scored 15 goals on route to play off final. Played for Bournemouth regularly last season and scored 7 goals so I would say he is proven.

and what is a premier league season worth if its cancelled after 19 games due to covid tell me ?

Easy to spend other peoples money, if Covid gets worse and the season is binned off TV contracts will be decimated that 120m could become a lot lot less very quickly.

and what is a premier league season worth if its cancelled after 19 games due to covid tell me ?

Easy to spend other peoples money, if Covid gets worse and the season is binned off TV contracts will be decimated that 120m could become a lot lot less very quickly.

it won’t get cancelled as already proved during the last season. Too much money. It will go ahead come what may.

As for spending the money of others. Don’t buy a football club if you can’t meet the required standard.

I’m not having a pop at the owners or the manager. Merely stating fact. If you pay peanuts you get Monkeys.

We spent big on a keeper (needed) but a keeper won’t keep us in this division we need Goals.

The one player who has come from a good stable (Berge) is head and shoulders above the rest of our team. From a top club in his division and with European experince - kudos from me for securing him.

one player won’t keep us up either - we need to keep going in that vein.

Relying in Burke to do something is a BIG risk given his career to date.

so for me we need to spend £15-£25 million on a striker sooner rather than later and that just buys potential.

Back
Top Bottom