Harry Maguire

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And the bloke he'll replace smashes one in.

Great moment for Kompany.

Meanwhile loads of people will be begging the RSPCA to pick up Nevilles dog before he gets home......

We will get something if Maguire goes! Hull have a sell on clause say 20%, therefore the 15m that Hull got will increase by approx £12m when Leicester sell. Hull will have to pay us a percentage due to our sell on clause with them, they will have made 27m profit in total we get 20/25% of that total. I can't understand why this is so hard for people to understand.

Kompany showing that some multi millionaires care as much as the average fan. What a man.
The whole idea that they don't is total rubbish. The reason these guys are the best is that they care so much more than us. We decided to get pissed, chase girls and smerk tabs whilst these driven fuckers got serious about football and fucked the rest off. To get to where Kompany has got, you have to either be totally amazingly talented or driven like a maniac. Most top players are the latter. Ronaldo is both

Man Utd, £70m plus Phil Jones.

Leicester have rejected the bid. The £70m was fine, but they wouldn’t under any circumstances take Phil Jones.

Leicester reported to want £80m

If we are entitled to somat then obviously come in handy

Riberys wages................................. for 6 months 🤪

Leicester reported to want £80m

If we are entitled to somat then obviously come in handy

Riberys wages................................. for 6 months 🤪
I’m missing summert here. We sold lead boots to Dull presumably with a sell on clause. Dull sold him to Leicester and we got a bung back (that was used to keep us afloat). If Leicester sell him on why do we benefit instead of Dull?

I’m missing summert here. We sold lead boots to Dull presumably with a sell on clause. Dull sold him to Leicester and we got a bung back (that was used to keep us afloat). If Leicester sell him on why do we benefit instead of Dull?

Believe we get solidarity payments for being responsible for his youth development, I think it's around 1% maybe less though considering how far he's moved

The idea that Harry Maguire is valued at around 80 million is beyond a joke . On a good day he's ok and on a not so good day he's a car crash of a centre half , as exemplified by his performance against Holland and several performances for Leicester last season .

If he were still on our books and it was between him and John Egan , I would honestly go for the latter every time .

Anyway , GLTTL and especially the club that sign him who will quickly learn that big , slow players don't get any better with age . ( Phil Jones anyone ? )

The whole idea that they don't is total rubbish. The reason these guys are the best is that they care so much more than us. We decided to get pissed, chase girls and smerk tabs whilst these driven fuckers got serious about football and fucked the rest off. To get to where Kompany has got, you have to either be totally amazingly talented or driven like a maniac. Most top players are the latter. Ronaldo is both

I’d double like this if I could

The idea that Harry Maguire is valued at around 80 million is beyond a joke . On a good day he's ok and on a not so good day he's a car crash of a centre half , as exemplified by his performance against Holland and several performances for Leicester last season .

If he were still on our books and it was between him and John Egan , I would honestly go for the latter every time .

Anyway , GLTTL and especially the club that sign him who will quickly learn that big , slow players don't get any better with age . ( Phil Jones anyone ? )

First part I agree with, I think he’s not worth 80m. Don’t think he’s as good as some make out, still a good player but not in the league of previous England centre backs. Second part.. I like Egan but come on! Haha maybe at the end of next season I might agree.

see post 11 above. It seems that as Hull's income on their sale goes up, we are entitled to a proportion of that. News to me, but actually seems fairly logical

This thread reminds me, I once had a debate with one of the other parents at kids football about Maguire. This bloke said he'd never make it in the championship due to his lack of pace. I'd have fallen off my chair, if I'd been sat down. I tried to explain that pace isn't everything but he was having none of it. It just goes to show that it is possible to appear to be totally rational and be able to coherently express an opinion at the same time as having no fucking idea what you are talking about.

Maguire was always going to have a really good career in the game and become a very good player. Its not being clever after the event, it was as clear as daylight to me.

I used to laugh at some of the comments made about him not making the grade, and shake my head in disbelief. Still it takes all sorts and its all about opinions i guess.

This thread reminds me, I once had a debate with one of the other parents at kids football about Maguire. This bloke said he'd never make it in the championship due to his lack of pace. I'd have fallen off my chair, if I'd been sat down. I tried to explain that pace isn't everything but he was having none of it. It just goes to show that it is possible to appear to be totally rational and be able to coherently express an opinion at the same time as having no fucking idea what you are talking about.

I had the same debate with countless Blades on both this and an erstwhile message board. History will probably be rewritten, but the majority didn't think he'd make it at Championship level, and the vast majority at premier league level.Too slow! was the call. I agreed with TC that he would go on to play for his country at the end of his first season, and coined the term "the English Pique". The thing with Maguire is that he looks like your archetypal clogger, so the reading of this book often stops at the cover. He doesn't have the physique of a footballing centre back. After a few seasons in the big league, being played out of position (on the left of a back two/three rather than the right of the two or middle of the three); or next to the increasingly egregious Morgan, he's worth the best part of 100 million. Maguire and Stones are both capable of taking the ball and distributing it to a willing midfielder. Drawing teams on and passing the ball around and through the press. They can even carry the ball into the midfield areas and cause an overload with slim chances of them conceding possession. Put them in many other teams and they be regarded as the best footballing partnership in the world. England's problems are primarily in the midfield area; our best ball players are our centre backs who are wasted on us. Pep certainly thinks so.

I couldn't disagree more with Isaw Joeshaw on Maguire's decline. He has never been dependent on his athletic attributes, so there is nothing much to decline in that regard. Anticipation, positional sense, technique when on the ball, aerial prowess and reading of the game are the last things that go and will continue to develop into your thirties. These are Maguire's main attributes. It's the speedy players that decline the quickest. Their speed has often been compensating for things they didn't have. Jags and Walker have been fine players, but you could see a noticeable drop of when Jags was nearing and passing thirty, and you can see it with Walker who may have to drop back soon. When the speed goes you have to have the technical quality to adapt. There are exceptions who have both, they're commonly referred to as legends of the game. The latter part of Ryan Giggs' career is a good example of this: flying winger to slow, cultured central midfielder.

After his showing for England Leicester will be lucky to get £80.

We will get something if Maguire goes! Hull have a sell on clause say 20%, therefore the 15m that Hull got will increase by approx £12m when Leicester sell. Hull will have to pay us a percentage due to our sell on clause with them, they will have made 27m profit in total we get 20/25% of that total. I can't understand why this is so hard for people to understand.
Well it’s not now someone has explained. Bit like when you didn’t know till it was explained to you!

Back
Top Bottom