Player Suggestion Harry Arter

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He's not a bad player to be fair. Not a starter, but he'd be a good guy to have on the bench.

As long as he doesn't cost a lot.

I’ll take ITK credit on this as I posted how I wouldn’t mind him the other day... 😂

Considering Scott Parker is his Brother in Law; surely a move to Fulham is more likely.

Although I think we’re ok wilders philosophy of everyone having a direct backup and competition on the whole in the squad it would make sense. fleck and Norwood would be under genuine pressure to perform.

Nothing agreed with Bournemouth? Why would there be, isn’t he out of contract?

We have enough left footed centre mids but only Norwood and Lundstram on the right

Because he's a good guy to have on the bench, or slot in if theres an injury or suspension.

We don't just need a good first 11, but a good squad.
OK, I take your point, but I’d prefer to improve the team, not just the squad - if he’s going to sit on the bench, I’d rather not bother.
No big deal, let’s agree to differ...👍

I've a feeling we may need better than Norwood. He doesn't respond well to being pressed and his athletic ability is a little lacking. We'll see, he may be OK but I think we need competition in there. It sounds like Wilder agrees from his latest interview.

OK, I take your point, but I’d prefer to improve the team, not just the squad - if he’s going to sit on the bench, I’d rather not bother.
No big deal, let’s agree to differ...👍
I think we need to do both. We need cover and we need a cup team. And it seems like CWAK are doing both so far.

I've a feeling we may need better than Norwood. He doesn't respond well to being pressed and his athletic ability is a little lacking. We'll see, he may be OK but I think we need competition in there. It sounds like Wilder agrees from his latest interview.
Wasn’t he our player of the year last season?

Wasn’t he our player of the year last season?

Yes, in the Championship. Nobody really knows how he will fare in the PL as he’s never played there. Although he’s never looked out of place in full international football. Best to wait and see how he copes before writing him off though, we’ll have no idea until he’s played a few PL games.

Seems to be a groundswell of opinion that Norwood needs replacing.

He came in championship team of the year last year and his Set pieces were responsible for a good amount of our attacking threat last year. All of this is despite having a hernia for the second half of the season.

I agree he needs a competent back up - but seen no reason to replace him unless someone a cut above becomes available

I have a feeling that the midfield loan signing will be Calum Chambers from Arsenal, depending on if the wages and deal is right. Played well as a cdm for Fulham, but previously had only played cb or rb and therefore would fit in at Rcb and potentially even rwb. The only caveat is I don't think he's ever played for a team North of London, Southampton, Arsenal and Fulham. Unless he's had another loan somewhere I'm unaware of.

Thought he was for the most part underwhelming for Cardiff last season. Wasn’t really able to impact games, had issues with fitness. I don’t know many Cardiff fans that would take him back this year tbh either. I’d be surprised if this is the one we’re looking at.

I have a feeling that the midfield loan signing will be Calum Chambers from Arsenal, depending on if the wages and deal is right. Played well as a cdm for Fulham, but previously had only played cb or rb and therefore would fit in at Rcb and potentially even rwb. The only caveat is I don't think he's ever played for a team North of London, Southampton, Arsenal and Fulham. Unless he's had another loan somewhere I'm unaware of.

He's an example of why we should leave the right/central recruitment (and the second loan) until near the deadline.

Arsenal will have to do something with him. They might have to compromise on any demands. We could possibly end up being his best option.

If we did get him that would conclude a completely ridiculous transfer window for me because he was one of the top targets I initially mentioned along with Robinson, McBurnie, Freeman and Reece James.

Back
Top Bottom