Player Suggestion Harry Arter

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BelperBlade

Reaction score
Going back down into the Championship with Cardiff and a consistent premier league player. Also played for Bournemouth which I imagine had a similar feel to us at the time so he might be worth a shot?

This might be in my head but I am sure Wilder has mentioned him a few times this season, for whatever reason

Was decent for Hogwarts a few years ago, getting on a bit now though.

An archetypal signing by the Massive before the money dried up.

A player unable to prove he's good or consistent enough to play at Prem level and now on his way down. I would guess he'll end up at a Champ club with one of the larger budgets.

Tye ever reliable rumour source Twitter saying we've made an enquiry

I agree with zablade, 3 or 4 years younger I would say yes, but not now, he gets booked so often because whatever pace he had has long gone. Not one who chips in with goals either so it's a no from me.

I hope we don't end up signing someone to cover Fleck just because they're left footed.

Not exactly the type of signing I’d like to see us make, but I fear this is the market we’ll be shopping in for the majority of our signings.

At least we’ve got a manager who can get the best out of players no matter how limited their ability.

I thought CW wanted to lower the average age of the squad....everyone we appear to be linked with is 30 plus...

No from me, didn’t look at the races in some of the televised Cardiff games last season.

Tye ever reliable rumour source Twitter saying we've made an enquiry

Divided the Cardiff fans I know. Plenty loved his attitude, the effort he put in etc. But the flip side was that he didn’t really do as much as they’d been hoping for. He’d have to contribute a lot more to make it worthwhile – could be that Wilder could get more out of him than Warnock, but I remember thinking last summer that it was an astute signing and that he’d be ideal for them. Didn’t quite work out like that.

I actually think this would be a shrewd move. Still only 29 so in his prime, decent on the ball and flexible in terms of midfield role so would fit in well. He would enjoy it more with us than he did at Cardiff, we play better football. I would be happy with this.

If he's very cheap or free, then decent cover. Good experience. Good work ethic. Still got a couple of years left in him. In a perfect world I'd want better, but we're likely to be shopping in Aldi, and none of that foreign muck.

I hope we don't end up signing someone to cover Fleck just because they're left footed.
I know some dont think we should do this, but we're going to sign some players just for cover, Arter would be better cover than we have and could potentially challenge the first team if things worked out for him.

It's the kind of calculated gamble that Wilder took with McGoldrick and Clarke and they've been key players for us.

If he's very cheap or free, then decent cover. Good experience. Good work ethic. Still got a couple of years left in him. In a perfect world I'd want better, but we're likely to be shopping in Aldi, and none of that foreign muck.

He may be cheap fee-wise but he's on a very high salary!

Back
Top Bottom