Player Suggestion Hamza Choudhury

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I'd be amazed if you we manage to get any players of note during this transfer window. The vast majority of clubs are only looking at loans and unfortunately we will be at the back the queue.
I think you're right there. I wouldn't be surprised if we bring in one permanent signing though or a loan with a view to a permanent, but someone more realistic than a Lingaard. Foreign market is probably out of the window now due to Brexit too.

I'd absolutely take Choudhury, this is a great shout and was wondering about his availability yesterday.

He's a high tempo, aggressive bastard 😁 the type you'd love to have, hate to play against.
You look and he's the sort we should have gone for in the summer. Someone young, slightly out of favour at a club further forward than us, but with PL experience and with athleticism. A team in 9th offering him improved chances of first team football would have been a good move all round.

Not a position we should be prioritising really, there’s much more pressing issues than a CDM.

Not a position we should be prioritising really, there’s much more pressing issues than a CDM.
We're an absolute pushover though.

Unfortunately, as it stands, we need tenacity as well as flair.

We should have been all over trying to sign Gray and Choudhray ... at the start of the season ffs.

No chance now...🤷‍♂️
always wanted us to sign demari gray but we will never sign these types of players whilever were persisting with this 352 its wing backs or nowt out wide really hope we change tactics next season

Only if one of them can play LCB
Still don't think Robinson is our main worry, we arent shipping goals and we wont find someone who can come straight in and overlap. We've lost 11 games by one goal because we cant create chances. Choudary would shore up the centre of midfield and hopefully Lingard would create and score.

Still don't think Robinson is our main worry, we arent shipping goals and we wont find someone who can come straight in and overlap. We've lost 11 games by one goal because we cant create chances. Choudary would shore up the centre of midfield and hopefully Lingard would create and score.
if we were only 4 or 5 points adrift choudray and lingard would be 2 good signings but the question is is it worth the outlay in the position were in ?

if we were only 4 or 5 points adrift choudray and lingard would be 2 good signings but the question is is it worth the outlay in the position were in ?
Sounds mad, especially with upcoming fixtures... But a few WINS (i had to Google the spelling after so long)... And... Stranger things have happened...

Unfortunately the injury to Praet is likely to mean this doesn't happen.

It's disappointing as he needs game time and he's 3rd choice right now, so he's not getting any this season.

Unfortunately the injury to Praet is likely to mean this doesn't happen.

It's disappointing as he needs game time and he's 3rd choice right now, so he's not getting any this season.

Surely it's better for Utd for him to stay at Leicester than go to WBA.

This has the makings of another scenario when people are upset/angry at the club when it doesn't happen, despite them never being interested.

Surely it's better for Utd for him to stay at Leicester than go to WBA.

This has the makings of another scenario when people are upset/angry at the club when it doesn't happen, despite them never being interested.

If the club weren't interested, then why would they be bothered about him going to WBA anyway?

If it wasn't for the injury, he would have been going out on loan, but now he will be needed for cover.

If the club weren't interested, then why would they be bothered about him going to WBA anyway?

If it wasn't for the injury, he would have been going out on loan, but now he will be needed for cover.

I didn't say the club would be bothered as I have absolutely no idea what CW and co would think. I simply said surely it would be better for him to stay at Leicester than move to WBA and most likely strengthen a relegation rival. I'm surprised you can't see that

I didn't say the club would be bothered as I have absolutely no idea what CW and co would think. I simply said surely it would be better for him to stay at Leicester than move to WBA and most likely strengthen a relegation rival. I'm surprised you can't see that

If CW doesn't believe he strengthens the team then i'm not sure he would also believe he would improve a side which currently has double the points.

If CW doesn't believe he strengthens the team then i'm not sure he would also believe he would improve a side which currently has double the points.

An interesting take but truth is, neither you nor I know what CW thinks and everything you said is pure conjecture

If CW doesn't believe Choudary would strengthen our team he doesn't deserve to be manager. Im sure Wilder knows he'd strengthen our team but either cant afford him or knows he wouldn't come.

How can he not be better than Norwood? Choudary, Berge and Fleck or a.n. other would be a top class midfield in the championship

If CW doesn't believe Choudary would strengthen our team he doesn't deserve to be manager. Im sure Wilder knows he'd strengthen our team but either cant afford him or knows he wouldn't come.

How can he not be better than Norwood? Choudary, Berge and Fleck or a.n. other would be a top class midfield in the championship

It's a loan move.
Leicester aren't looking to sell him, and would want him getting top flight football.

It's a loan move.
Leicester aren't looking to sell him, and would want him getting top flight football.

Rodgers has said he's open to a permanent deal. It's in a lot of media.

We have no chance, but maybe West Brom will get something done..

Rodgers has said he's open to a permanent deal. It's in a lot of media.

We have no chance, but maybe West Brom will get something done..

He wants the money to buy Edouard.
Can't see many sides in this league looking to pay £20 million for Chodhury especially with Covid, so it will be a loan move........
Which now the Praet injury has put on hold.

He wants the money to buy Edouard.
Can't see many sides in this league looking to pay £20 million for Chodhury especially with Covid, so it will be a loan move........
Which now the Praet injury has put on hold.

Jesus, you think he's worth £20m?

I'd have thought a little over half that.

Not if you're paying £20 million for Brewster/Mcburnie/Berge.
Choudhury isn't really comparable to the former two as they're strikers and goalscorers (even non-scoring ones) always command a price premium. Berge is probably a decent comparator but it's not favourable on the Leicester man even with your myopic dislike of Berge.

Choudhury came through the academy at a Premier League side but has made fewer Premier League starts than Berge and despite being six months older he's made 6 European appearances (all in the Europa League, 4 starts) compared to Berge's 22 (6 Champions League, 9+2 Europa League; 5 Europa League qualifying rounds). Berge has also made 24 appearances for his national side compared to 7 U21 caps for Choudhury - representation which ended in disgrace after yet another horror tackle.

Berge might not be worth the €25m we paid for him but he's still a better player than Choudhury. That said, they'd probably work really well together and Choudhury would be a good addition to the United side. £8m up front rising to £15m would probably be about right.

Choudhury isn't really comparable to the former two as they're strikers and goalscorers (even non-scoring ones) always command a price premium. Berge is probably a decent comparator but it's not favourable on the Leicester man even with your myopic dislike of Berge.

Choudhury came through the academy at a Premier League side but has made fewer Premier League starts than Berge and despite being six months older he's made 6 European appearances (all in the Europa League, 4 starts) compared to Berge's 22 (6 Champions League, 9+2 Europa League; 5 Europa League qualifying rounds). Berge has also made 24 appearances for his national side compared to 7 U21 caps for Choudhury - representation which ended in disgrace after yet another horror tackle.

Berge might not be worth the €25m we paid for him but he's still a better player than Choudhury. That said, they'd probably work really well together and Choudhury would be a good addition to the United side. £8m up front rising to £15m would probably be about right.

My dislike of Berge?
You will find my posts praising his arrival, and claiming this was the type of player the club should be looking to sign.
Unfortunately, Wilder has been intent on returning to the domestic signing only approach.

Comparing their appearances in Europe/PL is a bit of a joke. Can't see why Choudhury wouldn't have had the same appearances playing for lesser sides like Genk/Blades.

In fact Choudhury has had more PL bids rejected this month, than Berge had at any point before Wilder signed him.
You're missing the fact nobody else bid for Berge, and nobody else wanted him.

I could see him going for £12-15 million this month, a reduced rate below his value, if the rumours of Rodgers being able to sign Edouard from Celtic at a reduced rate are true.

My dislike of Berge?
You will find my posts praising his arrival, and claiming this was the type of player the club should be looking to sign.
Unfortunately, Wilder has been intent on returning to the domestic signing only approach.

Comparing their appearances in Europe/PL is a bit of a joke. Can't see why Choudhury wouldn't have had the same appearances playing for lesser sides like Genk/Blades.

In fact Choudhury has had more PL bids rejected this month, than Berge had at any point before Wilder signed him.
You're missing the fact nobody else bid for Berge, and nobody else wanted him.

I could see him going for £12-15 million this month, a reduced rate below his value, if the rumours of Rodgers being able to sign Edouard from Celtic at a reduced rate are true.
If Choudhury moves in January it will be for his value, not "a reduced rate below his value". The reason there have been PL bids is clearly because the asking price has been reduced to something more realistic.

Back
Top Bottom