Hammerings

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We last won at City in 1987-88 when we somehow won 3-2.

Since then:

2-4 (League Cup)
0-2
2-3
0-2
0-0
0-0
0-0
0-6
0-0
0-0
0-2

We won’t score. It’ll be something nil.
Never seen us score a goal in Manchester

City I saw maybe 5 or 6 of them including three 0-0's and two 0-2 defeats.

I missed the 2-3 defeat when Gayle scored two. Suppose at least I missed the 0-6 too!

Man United I have seen another half a dozen

I recall Franz Carr scoring in a defeat but I was not at that one again

Seen numerous 0-2 defeats here too.

Also add in the two cup semis v Newcastle and also Arsenal

I reckon around 15 games in one city and never seen us score from early 90's to present day. 30 years and not a bloody goal.

Few other cities not much better

Nottingham I have been around half a dozen but always skirt around the positive results and seen a number of defeats at the City Ground. Have seen three wins at Meadow Lane.

Basically I am a Jonah.

I missed the 2-3 defeat when Gayle scored two. Suppose at least I missed the 0-6 too!

I reckon around 15 games in one city and never seen us score from early 90's to present day. 30 years and not a bloody goal.

Nottingham I have been around half a dozen but always skirt around the positive results and seen a number of defeats at the City Ground. Have seen three wins at Meadow Lane.

Basically I am a Jonah.
Love Meadow Lane, one year we get the whole end and also most of the side (Derek Pavis stand?) and won I think with quite a raucous backing.
Didn't they get relegated out of the Championship in a really poor season winning only 2 games all season - both against us or similar.
But I think they won the Anglo Italian cup that year. Shame they slipped out of the league. Not such a fan of the city ground

I reckon both will be 2 0 losses where we put everyone behind the ball and barely get over the half way line. We won't have a shot on target in either game and Wilder will talk about the players like they are returning war heros in the post match press conference

Basically I am a Jonah.
for me at the city ground 1 nil defeat 1967 3-2 win 1971 and 6 - 1 defeat 1976 we were 2 down when we eventually got in lol big punch up on that side terrace that day blades and forest fans

The lack of a drubbing is mainly due to the mercy of some of our more generous (lazy) opponents, and the fact that they knew they had to do no more than sit in second gear after taking the lead.

City are not adverse to making teams suffer though, and we were nowhere near competitive at Old Trafford last season. I'd be amazed if we score a goal in the next two league games and concede less than 3 in each. These aren't the games that will relegate us though.

Just a thought from yesterday , looking at the palace result, as shite as we have been all season, we haven't been whalloped by 4 or 5(as yet) would we not be better just going all out attack, throwing caution to the wind, even though it could result in a few batterings, I'm pretty sure we would accumulate more points and get to the promised land of 12.......points that is, not league position
Are you sure we haven't been walloped by 4 or 5 yet
1610997022208.png

Attachments

• 1610996950627.png
    1610996950627.png
    3.8 KB · Views: 1
Man U missed a few good chances last time we played them as well
Remarkable that we ended up just that one Henderson save from Moose away from a point! It would have been so undeserving, yet just the sort of thing that would happen to us... roles reversed of course

We got thumped 6-0 at Arsenal in the 2008 League Cup. Surprised that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Arsenal's Carlos Vela ripped us to shreds that night. People were tipping him to achieve big things, but it never happened somehow.

1975-76 was bad

Away

5-0 Spurs
4-0 Man City
5-1 Wolves, Villa, Man U
3-0 Everton, Boro

Home
1-4 Wolves, Man U

We got thumped 6-0 at Arsenal in the 2008 League Cup. Surprised that hasn't been mentioned yet.

Arsenal's Carlos Vela ripped us to shreds that night. People were tipping him to achieve big things, but it never happened somehow.
Went to that Jack wilshire scored as a 16/17 year old I think

Basically I am a Jonah.
Neither have I at Maine Road or OT. I even went to Maine Road to watch Altrincham v City in the FA Cup to watch a former school friend and drinking mate of mine (Dave Smith, also played for Huddersfield Town alongside Frank Worthington). They lost 6-0. Whenever we have a chat he starts of by saying don't mention Altrincham ;) He's not a bad lad for a pig and he turned them and us down to go to Huddersfield as he said he would get First Division football with them. Back in the early 70s I guess that must have been. The Altrincham match must have been mid-late 70s

I would not mind being bummed 5-0 every other game as long as in the other games we won 1-0.

But thats not the Wilder way,he is not a Cavalier he is a Round Head.

And we'll be lucky to get nil

OOh I love that expression. Which manager or commentator or whomever used it first?

I think it comes from Len Shackelton's autobiography, when he comments on Newport's performance in Newcastle's 13-0 victory over them in 1946-7. Shackleton scored 6 - on his debut.

for me at the city ground 1 nil defeat 1967 3-2 win 1971 and 6 - 1 defeat 1976 we were 2 down when we eventually got in lol big punch up on that side terrace that day blades and forest fans
The Kippax. Awesome when they got going. Mrs BoSS the First's family were all City fans and her mum and dad had season tickets opposite the Kippax just next to the player's tunnel so we visited when City were at home quite often. Her dad and I went.

Leicester it seems
Leicester would have to decide to go for it yesterday - wouldn’t they?
As someone’s pointed out, every other team did us the service of either taking their foot off the gas or never getting out of 1st gear.
I live automobile analogies.

As someone’s pointed out, every other team did us the service of either taking their foot off the gas or never getting out of 1st gear.
Well, I love them, as well.

Yep, couldve been worse and we couldve done a Southampton too

As bad as yesterday was, at the end if the day 5-0 scorelines aren't uncommon in the PL. As already said, it could have been 10, and we have been due a tonking all season.

I expect we might have a few more to come now though.

Leeds will beat us by at least 2 or 3, any decent teams we have left to play will do the same.

The players need to try for us not to get spanked and they didn't try yesterday ( with the odd exception), as Heckingbottom said the players leader has gone. We were bad with him, we'll be worse without.

After the first half I couldn't see a 5-0 I'll be honest. We did look shite but Leicester werent great, then the second half.....

1975-76 was bad

Away

5-0 Spurs
4-0 Man City
5-1 Wolves, Villa, Man U
3-0 Everton, Boro

Home
1-4 Wolves, Man U
Silent can't remember exact year mate do you remember conceding 5 goals 3 weeks running, IMS it was Arsenal, Bolton & Sunderland.

Back
Top Bottom