Incoming? Habib Diallo

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SufcBilly

Reaction score
Sky sports just saying Habib Diallo of Metz has been offered to United and West Brom, £6 Million loan deal, if either of us take him and we get relegated Metz will return that money.

25 year old striker, 6”1. 12 in 26 in Ligue 1 last season, 48 in 100 for Metz.

Sky sports just saying Habib Diallo of Metz has been offered to United and West Brom, £6 Million loan deal, if either of us take him and we get relegated Metz will return that money.

Good scoring ratio that, not sure about £6m for a season loan though.

Very good of them to make that offer to the team that finished 9th. Did they make the same one to Man City and Liverpool I wonder? 🤣

We've been linked with less proven players with worse stats.

No idea if he'd fit our system though.

We've been linked with less proven players with worse stats.

No idea if he'd fit our system though.
Powerful, strong, quick for someone 6”1, excellent touch and close control, good in the air and only 25 so still time to improve.

also drops deep to collect the ball, think he could do the Didzy role very well

Just buy him ffs

Or one of his mates/mother/dad/friend

Even someone he doesn't know. ANYONE 😂

Powerful, strong, quick for someone 6”1, excellent touch and close control, good in the air and only 25 so still time to improve.

Sounds good. Might not be the worse acquisition then.

'Offered to' is a really weird term when dealing with transfers.
Suppose it might be a modern way of doing things but to me it sounds like an arranged marriage and a family is trying to get rid of their less attractive daughter.

And you’ve seen him how many times?

Good scoring ratio that, not sure about £6m for a season loan though.
The money back guarantee sounds attractive to me, if he’s any good. And if we genuinely did pay £5m for loan players that we barely used last year

Never heard of him but 2 threads says it's all over the internet.

Pacey player who can score is all that's needed

Bumping this as his name has just appeared on twitter feed.

Sheffield United and Burnley have shown an interest in Strasbourg's Habib Diallo. The Senegalese striker has scored 17 goals in 31 Ligue 1 games this season. Strasbourg are expected to ask for £13m-£17m for the 27 year old.

[l'equipe]

Maybe Illi can put in a good word for us.

These are the type of players we should be looking at though. Seem to offer better value for money than in the English leagues, where if you have one good season, clubs are wanting upwards of £20m.

Good goal poacher. Would be a decent signing but at the price touted there, I think we could get better value

If we’re gonna spend that sort of cash on anyone, we can't get it wrong this time

13-17m... Nah.

Nearly 28... meaning after a 3/4 year contract he's worth fuckall.

And we won't recoup that outlay anyway, unless he bangs double figures in in the prem.

Strasbourg have a few players worth looking at, and have also played with a back 3 for ages

£13-17m is not a lot of money in the Prem, especially for a centre forward. Would be happy with this, looks a good athlete and had a consistent scoring record over a number of years.

28 years old isn’t a problem for me as I believe Jebbison is going to develop into a top forward. So this guy, 26 year old McBurnie and a young Jebbison who will be mustard once it clicks is fine with me.

If you could get him for the lower end figure of say £10m to £12m then he might be value for money as even if there isnt much resale value in 4 years time for example, we would still theoretically have had 4 years service out of him at the peek of his playing powers and would still be able to get something maybe at the end. £3m a year (plus wages obviously) for a centre forward in the PL isn't a lot of money these days. Obviously a lot to us mere mortals though.

Back
Top Bottom