Guardian Article.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SelbyBlade

Reaction score

Sorry if this has been posted before but Just saw this in the Guardian.
For pure emotion I can't argue with this being the best game as précised by John Ashdown.
Agreed,
I'll never forget the look on Des Walker's face as he headed the ball into his own net! 😵

Agreed,
I'll never forget the look on Des Walker's face as he headed the ball into his own net! 😵
Kabba with the perfect assist. I was very young so I may have misremembered but I’m sure kabba was in the same situation when the final whistle blew in our Fa Cup game against Leeds that season.

Such a great night for one who has lived in Nottingham for years. Going to work the next day was bliss.

as he says never wouldve guessed that the game was on a Thursday & will always agree on that game. since ive watched that game ive always said its the greatest game ive ever attended. better than any game under any sheff utd manager. i always joke that football peaked for me at 12. that peschsolido goal still have incredible memories of jinking past 4 players to put it bottom corner & roof came off

sheff utd in all this should try to replay full match because ive watched 9 min YouTube highlights to death over the years

When I am about to leave this mortal coil, and I look back on my time as a Blade, despite this current time being our best and despite all the fantastic moments we have had under Wilder, this will be one of THE games that I truly remember. I fell on my head (twice) when celebrating the 1st and 2nd goals, and I got whacked in the face by someone's half eaten pie when the 3rd went in. I didn't mind.

And the Forest fans singing, 2 nil to the football team at half time. They weren't singing it at full time.

They weren’t singing it at half-time either, given it was 1-0. I do remember that “to the football team” chant being probably the most annoying of that era. I was delighted when they went on to appoint the anti-football Billy Davies in future years.

They weren’t singing it at half-time either, given it was 1-0. I do remember that “to the football team” chant being probably the most annoying of that era. I was delighted when they went on to appoint the anti-football Billy Davies in future years.

I remember we gave it them back when we took the lead?

My most vivid memory of that game is my mate Sam slumped in his seat after their second, distraught. We get a free kick immediately and I coax him up to stand, and then des walker deflects it in past ward and, well, we know the rest.

The celebration on the Kop after that Kabba goal was just mental.

That season, a 2nd year student living in Liverpool, saw a lot of travel back to Sheffield for some memorable nights and horrible endings. Even remember queuing for 6 hours for the home leg against Liverpool. Was sat in the home end for the second leg, and there were blades everywhere that night.

Agree with some others - the greatest match (of any team, at any level) I've ever seen:

When I finally got back to my local (where it had been shown), people clapped as I walked in.

Back
Top Bottom