Ground extentions/Renovations

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

haich1889

Len Badger my 1st hero
Reaction score
Not counting chickens & that: if we get promoted & assuming ownership gets sorted, when do people think we should begin to implement the alleged 7 planning permissions we have in place?

I'm thinking mainly of the south stand extension & kop rebuild. If we are to sustain (or regain) Premiership status both, I believe, will be essential at some point. The problem being the short term disruption & loss of capacity for long term gain.
If at all which would you go for 1st?

What if BDTBL was totally done up, completely over the course of one season.

For that one season we could ground share ... at swillborough.

Any one think this is a good idea ?

I think it's a shite idea

Once the ownership issue is settled. The ground ownership is sorted ahhht and we’ve established ourselves in the prem and actually need the extra seats.

No point in spunking millions on extra seats we won’t fill up if we come straight back down.

Most of them would get covered in netting to stop the kidney punching flare throwing hooligans away anyway because were all wankers at the lane

Seriously, we don't need to be in the PL for several seasons to realise that an increase in capacity is needed. Record season ticket sales mean that BDTBL is almost at capacity, and we need extra space for the new/incoming fans and to tap into the local Chinese community. 40-45k should be sufficient and we have 'spare space' behind the South Stand & the kop.

I'd say "fuck off" to that idea.
We can always go up on John st, and the kop, and get rid of the stupid supports.
Yeah, make do and mend. It’s the Blades way.

That student flat/office/club shop building on the cherry street/shoreham street corner looks like starting first, wouldn't be surprised to see some work upgrading kop facilities over the closed season .

But any serious upgrade wont start until we've had a few more years of parachute payments and promotion money

Safe standing on Kop please :D

In the event we are promoted, I think we’ve already said that work wouldn’t take place unless we stayed up. Were that to happen, the picture should be a bit clearer on safe standing. I’d like us to future-proof any Kop development the same way Spurs have with their new stadium.

The problem being the short term disruption & loss of capacity for long term gain.

The current designs mean there will hardly be any loss of capacity whilst expansion is being done.

Remember the designs are built onto the back of the existing stands, so far a period both will remain open as normal.
Then in the latter stages we will need to close down the back section of the South stand and Kop.

Regards priorities.
The Kop has the worse facilities and so many restricted view seats, so from a fans point of view that’s the priority but these days corporate/ banqueting/ conference facilities brings in the money, so from a business point of view the South stand is the priority.

I’m sure I saw a report that McCabe said it’s much more cost effective to do both stands at the same time. McCabe hasn’t said anything for a while about the stadium plans so I’m not holding out much hope, maybe the recent ownership court battle changes everything.

Kop first for me to be redeveloped

We don't need to move to a new stadium. BL is fine

The one thing that does let the area down tho, is the dwindling number of car parks. It gets worse every season and continues to do so

Counsel needs to step up to the plate

But any serious upgrade wont start until we've had a few more years of parachute payments and promotion money

The last communications from McCabe was if we stay up in our first season back in the PL.
Then the building work starts immediately that season finishes.

So just retain our place for 1 season and the stadium expansion gets the green light.
So work could start mid May 2020, if we avoid relegation.

Seriously, we don't need to be in the PL for several seasons to realise that an increase in capacity is needed. Record season ticket sales mean that BDTBL is almost at capacity, and we need extra space for the new/incoming fans and to tap into the local Chinese community. 40-45k should be sufficient and we have 'spare space' behind the South Stand & the kop.
Do whatever can be done safely and quickly if it can produce at least a couple of thousand extra seats/spaces.
Beyond that a more careful analysis of extra capacity on the understanding that it may take a season or two to create.

I'd rather do a spurs, rebuild on the present site

Ideally yes and that’s what I’d do if I was playing Football Manager game.
But in the real world rebuilding on the same site is incredibly expensive, hence why no other club has done it.

There would be stadium costs but in addition
We would need to hire a 30K stadium close by.
Can only think of the Rust Bucket and no doubt Chancer would charge us a premium to hire his stadium for a year or 2.
Would our fans even go to The Sty or would we boycott matches losing even more revenue.
Also we would lose the income from our corporate/ catering/ conference facilities for a year or 2.

It would be so expensive that we would need to charge £150 a ticket to make it remotely viable.
We could offer naming rights but big companies aren’t going to offer us 100 million like they might do a world famous club.

Exactly. Blue seats with red backs so that when we play you just see red as the seats are sat on and when they play, you see plenty of blue.

One step closer to the ultimate dream of a Sheffield merger club.

Not counting chickens & that: if we get promoted & assuming ownership gets sorted, when do people think we should begin to implement the alleged 7 planning permissions we have in place?

I'm thinking mainly of the south stand extension & kop rebuild. If we are to sustain (or regain) Premiership status both, I believe, will be essential at some point. The problem being the short term disruption & loss of capacity for long term gain.

The Prince might have a few issues upgrading with the new Landlord

The season ticket sales for next season are concrete proof that we need to expand as soon as possible. It looks like the only seats available to non season ticket holders will be in the Bramall Lane upper. We will effectively sell out every game*. Whichever stand is decided upon, hopefully work will start as soon as possible.

*If we beat Ipswich

Do whatever can be done safely and quickly if it can produce at least a couple of thousand extra seats/spaces.
Beyond that a more careful analysis of extra capacity on the understanding that it may take a season or two to create.
Ideally yes and that’s what I’d do if I was playing Football Manager game.
But in the real world rebuilding on the same site is incredibly expensive, hence why no other club has done it.

There would be stadium costs but in addition
We would need to hire a 30K stadium close by.
Can only think of the Rust Bucket and no doubt Chancer would charge us a premium to hire his stadium for a year or 2.
Would our fans even go to The Sty or would we boycott matches losing even more revenue.
Also we would lose the income from our corporate/ catering/ conference facilities for a year or 2.

It would be so expensive that we would need to charge £150 a ticket to make it remotely viable.
We could offer naming rights but big companies aren’t going to offer us 100 million like they might do a world famous club.

I think it's the Bramall Lane end that's the priority - opened in 1967 and only around 5k fans to displace. Start as soon as next season is over, apply to play games elsewhere until it's finished and 9 - 12 months max. should do it (opening sections as work is completed). Whatever improvements are necessary, it'll cause disruption but will need to be done sooner or later.

The land across Bramall Lane should be easy to obtain as it's only a couple of pubs and dodgy second-hand car lots. Once the main cantilever upright supports are in place (3 months max.), a 'coffer dam'-type structure could be built to keep traffic flowing. Done right, we could ensure that Bramall Lane becomes a much-needed dual carriageway.

But there's the rub. Twice the businesses down Bramall Lane have been the subject of CPOs only for the cunts on the Council to realise they don't want United to progress. As one of the main arteries into the centre of Sheffield, if the Council formed a partnership with United it could be a dual-carriageway with perhaps a new Supertram track running alongside/down the centre, but this backward/Wednesday-centric Council wouldn't want that:

bramalllane.gif

bramalllane.jpg

Back
Top Bottom