Greetings from Cockney Land!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

cockneyblade

Reaction score

Not got theSheff' accent,nor the Sheff' birth place, like some others in my family,

but t'Lane... still fills up my senses like a gallon of Magnet,(Maggots) like a packet of woodbines,like a good pinch of snuff,like a night out in Sheffield, like a greasy chip butty,Oh, Sheffield Utd come thrill me again.

Not got theSheff' accent,nor the Sheff' birth place, like some others in my family,

but t'Lane... still fills up my senses like a gallon of Magnet,(Maggots) like a packet of woodbines,like a good pinch of snuff,like a night out in Sheffield, like a greasy chip butty,Oh, Sheffield Utd come thrill me again.
There's yanks singing it on YouTube so you can't sound as out of place as them. Get to a few games and you'll soon pick up the accent

• Banned
There's yanks singing it on YouTube so you can't sound as out of place as them. Get to a few games and you'll soon pick up the accent

I've family from Sheffield and been going to Blades games since I was a nipper My accent still sounds more like Danny Dyer than Bobby Knutt though! I'm an East End Yorkshireman,ha!

Welcome to the forum :)

Welcome from one in the eastend to another. You're in good company WalthamstowBlade is another with strange vocalisations. Not that it matters a jot, a Blade is a Blade!

I've family from Sheffield and been going to Blades games since I was a nipper My accent still sounds more like Danny Dyer than Bobby Knutt though! I'm an East End Yorkshireman,ha!

Ive been down here since I was 5 and Im 34 now so welcome aboard me owd china.

Ive been down here since I was 5 and Im 34 now so welcome aboard me owd china.

Wotcha,China. Walthamstow,is full of Spurs, West Ham,Arsenal and even a few 'Wall knocking about there.

So it's nice to see someone else is keeping the faith.

I've been in London all my life, but older members of my family are Sheffield born Blades... (Keith Edwards was my top player as a kid)

Welcome from one in the eastend to another. You're in good company WalthamstowBlade is another with strange vocalisations. Not that it matters a jot, a Blade is a Blade!

I'm proper East End though SE Blade,not new money Essex! Yes, Walthamstow & myself have the dulcet tones of the lovely Smoke.

Though, everyone should understand us if they have ever watched an episode of 'Minder.'

I'd like to think I've got the best of both worlds...The London swagger and the Northern Mateyness!

I'm proper East End though SE Blade,not new money Essex! Yes, Walthamstow & myself have the dulcet tones of the lovely Smoke.

Though, everyone should understand us if they have ever watched an episode of 'Minder.'

I'd like to think I've got the best of both worlds...The London swagger and the Northern Mateyness!

Ignore the name

<------------------- Check the location! ;)

Ah,Stratford, famous for the sight of Jessica's rear end flying around the Olympic stadium track! ;)

Although,it does have a decent pie n' mash shop as well.

Ah,Stratford, famous for the sight of Jessica's rear end flying around the Olympic stadium track! ;)

Although,it does have a decent pie n' mash shop as well.

There's a few of us get together in a pub in town for games, match travel etc. Let me know if youd be interested in more info.

There's a few of us get together in a pub in town for games, match travel etc. Let me know if youd be interested in more info.

;) Thanks,mi ol muckah, I will give you a shout about the match travel nearer the time. I take it that you're on about going up north on the old rattler? I was up there for the Blades v 'Wall game a couple of years back...which was...erm,interesting shall we say!

Of course,there are also some games coming up in the south,for example:

Swindon.

Colchester.

;) Thanks,mi ol muckah, I will give you a shout about the match travel nearer the time. I take it that you're on about going up north on the old rattler? I was up there for the Blades v 'Wall game a couple of years back...which was...erm,interesting shall we say!

Of course,there are also some games coming up in the south,for example:

Swindon.

Colchester.

Aye, but also TV matches. There's a Blade runs a pub pretty central so we meet up there.

Bristol City game first meet up of the season:)

Note the time cockneyblade's post was sent.....a behaviour pattern that's curiouser and curiouser, or maybe it's no more complicated than the chump out-chumping himself.

There could be a medicinal explanation behind all of this, but if not then all the more worrying.

SwissBlade, you up to speed on this? Or would you like a PM to explain what's developed?

Note the time cockneyblade's post was sent.....a behaviour pattern that's curiouser and curiouser, or maybe it's no more complicated than the chump out-chumping himself.

There could be a medicinal explanation behind all of this, but if not then all the more worrying.

SwissBlade, you up to speed on this? Or would you like a PM to explain what's developed?

Whats a cockney blade again? Is it anything to do with Ched and the new Colmans sponsored away kit which we'll come out the tunnel to the tune of Imagine and randy foxes at 2am? If not then i'm completely lost

Aye, but also TV matches. There's a Blade runs a pub pretty central so we meet up there.

It's called the Harp, and is near Charing Cross. All the top faces go there for a right royal carve up most nights.

After it's all gone off you can shake hands and share one of their lovely sausage sarnies, and a choice of well kept ales.

No nonces.

Back
Top Bottom