Graham Scott and CW's view on his performance tonight

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He did just wang the card straight out, couldn't wait to get him off. Seemed utterly convinced, especially by not going over to the monitor. VAR is never overturning it, just like it wouldn't have given a red either, surely the ref knows that.

We can't get turned like that though.

It is happening far too often to us for it to just be bad luck and poor standard of refereeing.

Egan's punishment is a free kick and possibly a yellow for being out of position with Watkins. Not a straight red out of nowhere.

Thats Rileys revenge for CW daring to question the competence of Scott. FFS expect Weeds foreign players falling down like they've been shot at every opportunity and Tierney falling for it once again. Only Attwell would have been a worse appointment.

I think Refs should come out after games and explain why they have made certain decisions during the game, they are well paid, backed up by Stockley Park and have a lot of influence on the game, not that it makes any difference to the outcome of the game but if they want the profile and money they should stand in front of the cameras and be honest

Tell me to fuck of if you want, I don’t mind one bit but this is a strange one for me, we didn’t see a replay until half time of the penalty and that to me is dodgy, especially after seeing multiple penalty replays to see if keepers are behind the line straight after the incidents.

If anyone gets the chance, watch the front on replay which looks like both are over the line then watch the sideways on view which shows one boot actually behind the line, both were different in my opinion. The TV can throw up some crazy things when a camera gets the chance, look at the social distancing between 2 people on cameras in a news broadcasting studio for starters, they can be made to look like they’re sat bang next to each other. My overriding point is that we are easily brainwashed.
Its true,this is how Emmerdale and other shows were able to begin filming again,even with 2m social distancing inforce,its all about angles and trickery of the eye.

There's no discussion to be had... just a few away games ago John Egan received a yellow card for exactly the same incident. How can the same thing be deemed a yellow in one instance and a straight red in another?!

Can you imagine a situation in Crown Court where the defence barrister stands up and says ’The whole incident was captured on CCTV m’lud, I have a copy of the footage and it is available to be viewed’ and the Judge replying ‘Thank you, but that wont be necessary, I’ve heard the witness testimony and I’m satisfied that your client is guilty, take him down’ 🤦🏻

But Watkins initially put his arm across Egans chest, holding onto his left shoulder, pushing him back. That was what caused Egan to do likewise to prevent him getting further ahead of him.

If VAR had checked the circumstances or the ref had had the humility to look at the pitch side monitor. they’d have awarded a free kick to United. They didn’t and consequently people are rightly pissed off about it?

VAR has set itself up as the definitive decision maker, they have as long as they need to watch replays from every available angle, they can’t get it wrong and yet they do, time after time.

The problem is, the officials don’t understand anything about actually playing the game. People have been crying out for a pathway for ex pro’s to become referees. I personally think Stockley Park would be the ideal opportunity to trial the introduction of ex players to assist in the decision making process?

Won’t happen the referees are too powerful, to the detriment of football
Too many ex players who do their bit of media, cant help but give decisions one way for their old team and another for a struggler. If you listen to shearer about strikers and penalties, he says they were ".....entitled to go down". But if you then listen when its a lesser team its a "....good strong challenge from the defender...". Think with ex players in stockley park, there would be more devisiveness

Too many ex players who do their bit of media, cant help but give decisions one way for their old team and another for a struggler. If you listen to shearer about strikers and penalties, he says they were ".....entitled to go down". But if you then listen when its a lesser team its a "....good strong challenge from the defender...". Think with ex players in stockley park, there would be more devisiveness
Imagine the Declan Rice handball with Trevor Brooking Or Tony Cottee being the impartial ex-players on duty that day..

Back
Top Bottom