Incoming? Graeme Shinnie

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What the Fucking hell, no way are we looking at this guy.

Him and Piggy Palmer were the two worst players against Kazakhstan and that's saying summat.

I don't think even Wilder could turn him into a good player.

Proper cover for Stevens and Fleck on a free. Wouldn't be bad, in the Championship.

Playing in League One again are we next season?

No thanks.

We will be making plans for next season so there will be two lists one for championship and another for the promised land . "Don't panic mannering we will not be signing anyone until it's all sorted.promotion paints a totally different picture

Had one of the worst left back performances I have ever seen against Kazakhstan. Hope this is purely agent talk at this stage.

I am an Aberdeen fan and I really don't see why we would be interested. Hard working midfielder with limited ability and I think he would struggle big time in the championship. Wigan were close to signing him on a pre contract in January so I hope we are setting our sights higher than that.

I am an Aberdeen fan and I really don't see why we would be interested. Hard working midfielder with limited ability and I think he would struggle big time in the championship. Wigan were close to signing him on a pre contract in January so I hope we are setting our sights higher than that.

He's very limited in midfield but still think he'd be a decent cover for left back if we stay in the championship.

Did you see him at left back the other day for Scotland?? Absolute horror show. Would get torn apart in the championship at left back.

Didn't watch it but I heard. Hasn't played left back for a long time though and it was just one game. Think he'd be OK personally, as a squad player like I say.

Didn't watch it but I heard. Hasn't played left back for a long time though and it was just one game. Think he'd be OK personally, as a squad player like I say.

If we are looking to improve I’d hope we would be setting our sights a bit higher.

He's very limited in midfield but still think he'd be a decent cover for left back if we stay in the championship.
Why not just get a proper left wing back for cover? Why get someone who’s not good enough in midfield, hasn’t played left back in ages and is playing at L1 level?

Why not just get a proper left wing back for cover? Why get someone who’s not good enough in midfield, hasn’t played left back in ages and is playing at L1 level?

He is a left back but is playing midfield holding role because Aberdeen have nobody else to play there. Personal opinion but I think he's a good player and wouldn't be a bad signing for his best position. Kenny Mclean was playing in this league 1 standard for Aberdeen and he's done very well for Norwich so I don't think you can write a player off because he plays in Scotland.

He is a left back but is playing midfield holding role because Aberdeen have nobody else to play there. Personal opinion but I think he's a good player and wouldn't be a bad signing for his best position. Kenny Mclean was playing in this league 1 standard for Aberdeen and he's done very well for Norwich so I don't think you can write a player off because he plays in Scotland.
There are better examples of players who’ve come to England from the SPL than McLean.

I’m not sure how you can assess that he’s a good left back when he’s been playing CM for Aberdeen and his most recent appearance at left back was embarrassing. And we play with wing backs.

I’ve got nothing against signing players from Scotland (or the lower leagues, like our current LWB) but I just don’t see what he’d bring or why he’d be willing to join us as cover for Enda.

Saying that, he’s on a free and he’s very experienced so he fits some of CW’s criteria.

There are better examples of players who’ve come to England from the SPL than McLean.

I’m not sure how you can assess that he’s a good left back when he’s been playing CM for Aberdeen and his most recent appearance at left back was embarrassing. And we play with wing backs.

I’ve got nothing against signing players from Scotland (or the lower leagues, like our current LWB) but I just don’t see what he’d bring or why he’d be willing to join us as cover for Enda.

Saying that, he’s on a free and he’s very experienced so he fits some of CW’s criteria.

Perhaps but McLean has fairly recently moved, was less influential in a similar Aberdeen team and happens to be playing for a team in direct competition with us currently so it's a pretty handy comparison.

Shinnie was outstanding at left back previously which got him the move to Aberdeen and he clearly possesses qualities of a very good left full / wing back.

True, he apparently played very poorly in one game, in a team that is so shit they are rumoured to be making the manager ill!! Quite unfair to write a player off because of one performance.

Just my opinion on a player my team is linked with, who happens to play for a another team I watch very regularly. I'm not saying we should be signing him or there's not better out there, I just think he's a decent player and wouldn't be gutted to sign him if we're still in the championship next season.

Confirmed on BBC that he is heading to Derby

English Football League

Graeme Shinnie [Aberdeen - Derby] Free*

* Deal to go through on 1 July

Back
Top Bottom