Gordon Cowans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Class players always seem to have time and space when they are on the ball ........ Cowans had bags of both. Great player to watch.

Class midfielder one of the best/fav I’ve seen in a Blades shirt would fit into our current side like a dream , gave an absolute mastery performance against 1-0 win Arsenal in replay at The Lane in 96 .
I wish Sid all my best wishes in his fight against this fkg awful illness I saw my mother go through . Great player , great bloke , respected throughout the game ⚔️

Class midfielder one of the best/fav I’ve seen in a Blades shirt would fit into our current side like a dream , gave an absolute mastery performance against 1-0 win Arsenal in replay at The Lane in 96 .
I wish Sid all my best wishes in his fight against this fkg awful illness I saw my mother go through . Great player , great bloke , respected throughout the game ⚔
There is nothing I can add to this - everything you have said mirrors my own feelings. Thanks!!

There is nothing I can add to this - everything you have said mirrors my own feelings. Oh how I would have loved to see him in this present side. Hw would have strode around BDBL like the colossus he was. Thanks!!

Sid Cowans was one of the few players I’ve watched who made the game look really easy. His legs always entertained me too - looked like they were made of rubber at times.
Top, top class & this is sad news - best wishes to Sid & his family & friends.
Alzheimer’s is a cunt. It’s ravaged my in-laws & it’s so hard losing them once while they’re alive then again when eventually they curl their toes up.
F-I-L died with it in 2015 & M-I-L now needing full time care as a result of it.
So many people with it & as medicine keeps us alive longer, we’ll notice it even more.

Back
Top Bottom