Good job there was no s24SU in 1990

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I thought this myself yesterday. That 3 2 against forest is still one of my favourite games. This team has the same character as Bassetts team and loads more quality although a striker like Brian Deane would be nice.
Just said on another thread about when jock Bryson hit both posts and then the pitch invasion at the end.

Also thinking back now I'm sure deano scored the winner everyone's going berserk and when you look at the footage back his goal celebration is just a shrug of the shoulders. I remember when that 3rd went in I just lost it!!

Do you really think thereā€™s anyone who actually wants wilder out ? No sane person thinks that ?

But your are able to have an opinion on what weā€™ve done wrong and what we could do better eg signing a decent striker

If you wanna clap along all the way back to the championship thatā€™s upto you

Iā€™d rather the prince put his hand in his pocket and sign some quality players

People are forgetting the prince has literally been handed a premier club for a quid

How is he buying the club ? Using the money we get form TV Revenue stick your hand in your pockets princey

You are certainly agitating towards getting people dissenting

Nobody wants Wilder out.

We can all have our opinions on signing a decent striker, but who do you suggest on the price budget we have got?

I clapped all the way from the nether regions of League One, up to the top half of the Premier League, it is my perogative if i keep clapping or not

The Prince has already put his hand in his pocket, not far off Ā£100m worth of transfers since we went up, but we are in a completely different league as to the one we was in during 2006/07

The Prince wasn't handed a Premier League club for a quid, it cost him Ā£5m, and an obligation to buy the ground off our former chairman for around the region of Ā£50M

The Prince has leveraged the purchase of the ground against future income, whilst guaranteeing the financial obligations himself

What tickles me is people thinking that by scalding, castigating or worse personally insulting anyone who disagrees will make them change their mind. The evangelical zeal that some people have about their opinion is both extremely egotistical and laughable given that the majority on here will be neither extreme of the spectrum.

TBF back in 1990 they would have been told to ā€œgi or and sit somewhere elseā€ or someone would have chased them off and nicked the packed lunch they brought.

I'll go for for season 1975-6. After finishing 6th previous season, relegated rock bottom even after getting 9 points from final 6 matches.

Deano's not going to step up to this level, heā€™s just a lower league target man.

If we sign Gayle weā€™re relegated, heā€™s shit.

Why does Bassett keep picking Gannon? I think heā€™s lost it.

Thank fuck we havenā€™t got a derby match this season, weā€™ll never beat them playing this long ball shite.

Weerā€™s munneh Reg?
The good old days.

I'll go for for season 1975-6. After finishing 6th previous season, relegated rock bottom even after getting 9 points from final 6 matches.

Still cant quite believe that season. Hurts even now. That's why it is imperative we get something soon and is so frustrating about the first 3 games. If they'd been Liverpool (H), Everton (A), Arsenal (H) I dont think we'd grumble too much about 'null pwah' but 'null goals' too is a bit much.

Still cant quite believe that season. Hurts even now. That's why it is imperative we get something soon and is so frustrating about the first 3 games. If they'd been Liverpool (H), Everton (A), Arsenal (H) I dont think we'd grumble too much about 'null pwah' but 'null goals' too is a bit much.
78-79 was even worse. Silent Blade could help out with this.
Seem to think it may have been a harsh winter with games postponed, leaving us with a number of tuesday night homes.
Took my dad to a couple of these. Blades beat West Ham 3-0 then Notts County 5-1. They were the kind of night matches where we've all gone radio rental at BDTBL.
Mick Spieght got a brace in one of those, County I think. Certain to stay up playing like that. Typical Blades, follow a win with a loss and down we went.

Remember away at Villa that season just before we got the win against Forest at The Lane all the Blades were singing ā€˜ Weā€™ll win again donā€™t know where donā€™t know when ā€˜ to the Vera Lynn song . How times change & every games a crisis nowadays āš”ļø

Even the last season under Warnock. This is our first 8 games:

View attachment 93239

I know we went down, but Wilder is better than Warnock and we were pretty much safe with 2 games to go that season. Then we turned up at Villa playing 4-5-1 and got dicked 3-0

Yeah good post and a good point - I was thinking about this the other day. There is no way Wilder would have spunked it away like Warnock did, plus we have better players now (IMO).

Yeah good post and a good point - I was thinking about this the other day. There is no way Wilder would have spunked it away like Warnock did, plus we have better players now (IMO).
Hulse, Steady, Stretch and Kaz Richards though.

Hulse, Steady, Stretch and Kaz Richards though.
Warnock had the same problem as Wilder, we wouldnā€™t pay big wages. It limits who you can attract. Kev wasnā€™t keen on big transfer fees either. I still think we were a bit unlucky that season. And that ā€˜Iā€™m not giving you a new contract because you spoke to Portsmouthā€™ was just fucking childish. One of the most obvious differences between the new regime and the old one is that the new one actually respects the manager and what heā€™s achieved. If KM thought Warnock could keep us up he should have given him a new contract after we got promoted. If he didnā€™t, he should have got rid.

Warnock had the same problem as Wilder, we wouldnā€™t pay big wages. It limits who you can attract. Kev wasnā€™t keen on big transfer fees either. I still think we were a bit unlucky that season. And that ā€˜Iā€™m not giving you a new contract because you spoke to Portsmouthā€™ was just fucking childish. One of the most obvious differences between the new regime and the old one is that the new one actually respects the manager and what heā€™s achieved. If KM thought Warnock could keep us up he should have given him a new contract after we got promoted. If he didnā€™t, he should have got rid.
And we can all look back at mad moments during that season, any one of which sent us down. Tevez not included.
Davis and Gerrard H vs Portsmouth. Attempt to foul Stevie G. Missing 2 penalties vs Blackburn H. etc etc.
Losing Hulse. I could have wept. Mad season.

78-79 was even worse. Silent Blade could help out with this.
Seem to think it may have been a harsh winter with games postponed, leaving us with a number of tuesday night homes.
Took my dad to a couple of these. Blades beat West Ham 3-0 then Notts County 5-1. They were the kind of night matches where we've all gone radio rental at BDTBL.
Mick Spieght got a brace in one of those, County I think. Certain to stay up playing like that. Typical Blades, follow a win with a loss and down we went.
In April we lost twice to rock bottom Blackburn! In the home game Blackburn were down to 10 men in the 1st half after Russell Coughlin badly fouled Sabella but we still lost!

Start of the 80,s and that penalty šŸ¤”šŸ¤”šŸ¤”
That would have been a meltdown

Back
Top Bottom